Just back! Any questions?

tkyes

<font color=purple>DIS Earth Angel! :)<br><font c
Just back from 10 nights at FW. We had a fifth wheel camper and were in loop 400.

Had a little trouble pulling in to our site. We also had to go buy longer cable, water, and sewage connectors because ours weren't long enough because of where we had to park for our slide out on the camper to fit in the site.

The comfort station was great - it was so nice. I only waited for a shower once. I wish they would put a clock in there, I kept forgetting to bring my watch.

We didn't have any problems with transportation. Once was our own fault because I assumed that the MGM pickup was at the Outpost just as everything else was.

The day before we left they were doing some construction on the road in front of the settlement bus stop so they had temporary stops set up.

The garbage man was great too. We talked to him about picking up our 2 blown tires from our camper and he said no problem. I don't think he took them both on the same day, but he did take them.

Any questions let me know :)

Tamie

2 Blown tires???? what happened??

We now have an extra electrical cords, extra cable cord, extra sewer hoses etc. and havre actually had to use all it on many occasions, Fort Wilderness has been recenlty moving the hook up to the back of the sites and removing that tree stump thing to make it wasier to put slides out I think, although it can still be tricky in some sites.

What length hoses did you end up needing? Our water connection in in the front while the elec and sewer are in the back. Any average guesses on the lengths needed? (wondering if I need to go invest in some more?)

2 blown tires???? Were they new? How old if not? We are planning on replacing ours that are 2 yrs old before we leave. Hopefully we'll be okay (that's my worst nightmare),

How wide are the loop roads? One way? How bad was the backing into the site (that's the one argument we always have I want it one place and he doesn't, He drives trucks and trailers all the time but.... us doing it together always causes sparks).

Any help is welcome!!!

We had three tires blow in total. The first 2 blew on the way down. We think those were a combination of age and heat, they were 3 years old.

We think the 3rd one had more to do with the weight of the camper and the angle of the hitch. We adjusted the hitch and didn't have any problems after that.

The loops where just one way. We weren't the only ones who had problems backing in. Pretty much everyone we saw had some issues. You have to back in and their are trees and poles and other obsticles to deal with. I would say it took us about a half an hour to get pulled in correctly.

Here is a rough estimate of what we had and needed -

cable - had 8 ft - needed 15 ft
sewer - had 8 ft - needed 15 ft
water - had 12 - 15 ft - needed 20 ft

I would say it all depends on your camper though. if your hookups are in the middle of your camper, i would think you wouldn't have any problems. If they are in the back of your camper, it might be harder.

Don't ya just love the strategic placement of the recycle bins and the trash cans??? those seem to be my biggest problem when backing in

In a way, this is comforting to know! When we were there in 2000, DH tried a few times to get the camper backed in correctly and I mistakenly thought it was him!:eek: Guess I should of known better! After all, he used to drive a truck! ;)

I do have a question about the transportation, I see that you stayed in a preferred site. Where do the internal buses pick you up? At the settlement depot? Thanks for any info!:cool:

Colleen -

We could have been picked up at either a bus stop right around the corner from us or at the settlement bus stop. Most of the time we just went to the settlement since it was just as easy and all of the buses stop there.

tamie

Did you go to Meadow's Trading Post? We were at WDW in February and it was closed for refurb. How does it look now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter