• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just back and have reviews

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
Breafasts-
Boma
Very good buffet with some unusual offerings along with the standard bacon and egg offerings. The juice was wonderful (I forget what they call it). The service was very friendly and attentive.
Norway in Epcot-
Princess Breakfast
This was very dissapointing. The food was mediocre and the fruit was awful. I think the strawberries were frozen and hadn't quite defrosted yet. We had to send the bacon back because it was barely cooked.The characters were pleasant with Mulan being the friendliest. The waitress was very sweet and friendly. The service was fine.
Chef Mickey's-
This is always a fun spot. We love the party atmosphere and the characters are great. The buffet has a huge offering of food and goodies and the service was great.
Cafe at The Grand Floridian-
This was a nice change from the hustle and bustle and big buffets. This was a decent order off the menu breakfast with good food and service.
Royal Table-
Well, this is never really about the food. The characters were great and Wendy was there this time which my DS8 loved. The food was ok but we never really expect great food there.

Lunches- we actually skipped lunc a couple of times.
ABC Commissary in MGM- decent burgers- nothing to rave about
Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grill in Epcot- good sundaes consisting of vanilla ice cream with sprinkles, whipped cream in a waffle cone. They were very nice about accomodating my DS8 with just a dish of chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce. The characters made the rounds a couple of times and spent time with us each time. They were great.
decent pizza near the Rock-n-RollerCoaster in MGM (sorry, can't remember the name of the place)

Dinners-
Brown Derby- excellent filet mignon and loved the creme brulee
Le Cellier ( Canada)- excellent prime rib. Loved the pretzel bread and cheese soup.Can't wait to go back!
Liberty Tree Tavern- good Thanksgiving type meal and we got to have a "Magic Moment" and ring the bell signaling dinner!
Brown Derby again for Dinner with an Imagineer- absolute highlight- this was an amazing and memorable experience.
Tappanyaki (Japan)- we eat there every trip and were very dissappointed this time. They were running very late with the PSs and we waited about 1/2 hour to be seated and then we waited about 20 mins for a waiter to appear. He wasn't friendly and didn't do any of the "cooking acrobatics" that they usually do- probably because they were running so late. The food was fine but the meal just seemed to lack luster and was very rushed so that we could get out to see Illuminations.

Feel free to ask questions!

Great reviews! I love Boma also, we'll be dining there tomorrow night. I can't wait!

I found the Princess Breakfast to be be very disappointing also. What exactly goes on at the Dinner with a Imagineer? Do you actually eat with a real Imagineer? That sounds like fun.

Tell me more about dining with an inagineer at BD. Is this something anyone can do, or were you at the right place at the right time? How amazing!

Originally posted by iloveeeyore
Tell me more about dining with an inagineer at BD. Is this something anyone can do, or were you at the right place at the right time? How amazing!
Dinner with an Imagineer was set up through Disney dining. It seems that not all the CMs know about this so you might have to ask for a supervisor or call Brown Derby directly. They don't advertise it, just word of mouth. It is available a couple of times a week at a specific time (during the Imagineer's dinner break). It was about $100/pp and is about 2 hrs long.You are seated in a private room and the manager told me that they don't book more than 8 people at a time. It was a 4 course meal with a different wine served at each course. The imagineer that we dined with is the principal graphic designer and he couldn't be more charming or delightful. The 2 hrs went by so quickly because he was fascinating and very conversational. At the end of the meal, we were presented with a special commemerative plate personalized by the Imagineer.It truly was a magical evening!

Originally posted by MikeWazowski
I found the Princess Breakfast to be be very disappointing also. What exactly goes on at the Dinner with a Imagineer? Do you actually eat with a real Imagineer? That sounds like fun.
See above post by me just above.;)

Thanks for the reviews. I agree, the princess storybook breakfast is my least favorite character meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter