• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back 11/28 - 12/3

L_MD

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, I was on a solo trip in WDW from 11/28 - 12/3 and here's just a little write-up. I stayed at POFQ and had a lovely stay.

Monday 11/28:
Super quick flights with no issues. Disney Springs once I got settled. I really liked the Springs even though it's basically just a nice shopping mall. I snacked/got food at/drank at so many places...BB Woolf (the trio), Daily Poutine (classic), Ganachery, Amorette's (opera cake), Sprinkles (not worth it), Coca-Cola Store (got the gin/Sprite drink), Hangar Bar (seasonal cocktail the Mariontini is HIGHLY recommended). For dinner, I was at Frontera and got the carnitas which I highly recommend.

As for shopping, I was most excited about Basin (worth the hype) and Uniqlo (their women's clothes have such a weird cut and I left with nothing). And crowd-wise, it was never too bad (left around 7pm).

Tuesday 11/29: EMM at MK! I highly recommend this event. Nearly empty Main Street even though I was near the back of the pack, managed to do PPx3, Carrousel x1, 7DMT x5 and Pooh x1 up until about 8:45am, and then once more on 7DMT but they were letting PPO guests on and it wasn't nearly as nice. Everyone was super friendly. After that I hit IASW before I enjoyed the buffet (pretty good for park food) and completed my touring plan...Big Thunder, Splash with a FP, Adventureland stuff, Space Mountain with a FP. Had BOG for lunch which I enjoyed, but the best part was the Master's Cupcake.

I strayed to the Poly for a drink at Trader Sam's and nachos at Tambu Lounge, and then headed back for MVMCP. Such a long day was a mistake on my part, but I'm also not a HUGE Christmas person, so I didn't like MVMCP as much as most people seem to. And if you want a nice spot for the first parade you're looking at being there about an hour before. But the crowds were low throughout the park/off of Main Street. I only rode on the PeopleMover, so can't comment on wait times unfortunately.

Wednesday 11/30: Universal day, mostly for all Harry Potter. I won't bore you with details, but Universal was completely dead and there wasn't a wait longer than 5 minutes through the time I left (about 1:30pm). I went on Gringott's x2, Forbidden Journey, and The Mummy. No clue about the big roller coasters, though, as that's totally not my thing.

Did Artist Point for dinner in the evening. Really good food. MK was open until 1am that night so I took a boat over there after watching the Electrical Water Pageant at about 10:00pm where wait times were pretty low.

Thursday 12/1: All Epcot all day. So much fun. Was there earlier than expected around 8:30am. Went right to Test Track single-rider, then did it again, and again for a total of 3x with absolutely no wait. Also did Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Soarin', and Journey Into Imagination (save your 5 minutes). Hit up World Showcase after and ate and drank to my heart's content. Probably my favorite day.

Friday, 12/2: Earlier than expected to Hollywood Studios (about 9am). I didn't like this park very much. GMR's animatronics look BAD and the host dialogue/acting was cringe-worthy. I did RnR and ToT, but I'm not a thrill-rider so I actively hated RnR and ToT is more tame than your nerves lead you to believe, but it's fun. I left at about 1:30pm and walked to Epcot where I hit a few more pavilions before my Yachtsman Steakhouse reservation. Best steak I've ever had. Epcot on Friday was much more crowded/had more frat-types than Thursday. They weren't terrible, but they definitely elicited a few eyerolls.

Saturday, 12/3: Last day! Got up early despite my late night and was at Magic Kingdom by 8:30am. Adventureland to start and went on Aladdin's carpets, Big Thunder, HM, Talking Mickey FP, Carousel of Progress, HM again as a FP, and PP as a FP before riding the Carrousel as my trip-ending ride.

The crowds and wait times were REALLY low until about 10:30am when it seemed everyone swooped in and times jumped and it 'felt' crowded. If it wouldn't have been my last day, I would have hopped somewhere else for the afternoon.

All in all- a WONDERFUL trip! Happy to answer any questions anyone might have. I'm glad I chose the week that I did, and I mostly didn't notice the crowds at all except for a few times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter