Just Back - 10/4-10/9

DisneyHardin

DIS Veteran
We just got home last night from our trip and I thought I would share a few highlights.

*We stayed at the Poly for 5 nights. Magical Express was as easy as always for getting to the resort. When we checked in, we were not assigned the type of room we requested and the CM checking us in wasn't too friendly she just dismissed my requests by saying "we have a large convention here right now." My DH went back to the desk and spoke with another CM who was much friendler and worked a little Disney magic to get us in a better room.
*As for the parks, we only visited MK (2X) and Epcot (3X). My DH doesn't like AK and we decided to take a year off from DHS. Crowds were manageable Wed-Fri, but then the weekend really picked up (I assume it was because it was a Holiday weekend).
*On Friday MK opened at 7 AM for Magic Hours and that was fantastic. We basically did every attraction we were interested in between 7-10 with virtually no waits.
*All the CMs we encountered was very friendly, so negative experiences there. Everything was well staffed. All attactions seemed to be running at full capacity. There were TONS of photopass photographers out all over the parks.
*The weather was super hot - we have been in October before and it wasn't this hot before. I don't know how people who go in July/August can even bear it.
*The only thing that was mildly annoying was that when going to Epcot from the Poly, you had to go through security twice. If you rode the monorail you were checked once at the station and then again at the gates and if you walked to the TTC, you were checked there and then again at the gate. I hope they can figure out a way to reconfigure the entrance to Epcot so that when you are coming off the monorail you can bypass security.
*Overall we had a fantastic trip and are planning to go back again next year.

Glad your trip went well. Our trip overlapped the end of yours. I can attest to the heat. It was scorching. Crowds were on the higher side for our time there but nothing that wasn't unexpected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter