Just arrived at SSR

JENR

Disney Addict
It is 11:00 p.m. on Fri and we just arrived at SSR and are waiting for our luggage to be delivered. This is our first time staying at this resort. My order from Garden Grocer was waiting for me at bell services and everything I ordered was there. I am very happy with their service. We are in the new Grandstand section. Bell services said this building has only been opened a week and the final building will open in a few weeks. We are in a studio and the room is gorgeous. It smells so new and everything in it is brand new. I am not sure of what the room has a view of yet as I cannot see outside. It is too dark. I will give you all an update tommorow sometime.

Any questions, let me know.

I Hope you have a wonderful vacation! Sounds great!

Had a great day at SSR today. We have a nice golf course view in the Grandstands. We spent alot of time at the Grandstand pool today. My kids loved it. We even liked it better than the Springs pool. The Springs pool is very crowded. We rented bikes today and took a nice walk over to Downtown Disney for dinner. Having a great time and I really love this resort. By the way, the fitness center is very nice. Much bigger and better than VWL. Any questions, let me know.

Have a great trip! We are going to be there in 13 days! We are going to be requesting the Grandstand section too! Can't wait!

Have a great time. July can't come quick enough for my DW and I!

-Matthew

Thanks for your report. Glad you are having a great time. We love SSR too! Hopefully we will get the Grandstand section on our trip in Nov.

Is there a pool bar in the Grandstand area?

Thanks for your report. Glad you are having a great time. We love SSR too! Hopefully we will get the Grandstand section on our trip in Nov.

Yes.

Yes there is a pool bar but it is not opened yet.

...(snip)....We are in the new Grandstand section. Bell services said this building has only been opened a week and the final building will open in a few weeks. ......
So does this mean that SSR is complete? No more construction?

Glad everything is going so well - have fun!

So does this mean that SSR is complete? No more construction?

There hasn't been much in the way of visible construction for a few months now with the remaining work being interior.

The last building should open right around June 1st and the 5 1/2 year project will finally be over. :cool1:

It is 11:00 p.m. on Fri and we just arrived at SSR and are waiting for our luggage to be delivered. This is our first time staying at this resort. My order from Garden Grocer was waiting for me at bell services and everything I ordered was there. I am very happy with their service. We are in the new Grandstand section. Bell services said this building has only been opened a week and the final building will open in a few weeks. We are in a studio and the room is gorgeous. It smells so new and everything in it is brand new. I am not sure of what the room has a view of yet as I cannot see outside. It is too dark. I will give you all an update tommorow sometime.

Any questions, let me know.

Wow I am so jealous! I tried to switch a couple of my June dates to SSR but it was full :sad1: :sad1: so I am *stuck* at VWL and a day at BCV...if that is the downside I guess I will survive.

Please have a good time at my favorite resort.

I'm glad you're having a great birthday trip. I can't wait until we stay at SSR for the first time this July.

Can't wait to hear more about your vacation.:thumbsup2

Well had an awesome Mother's Day. We went to Blizzard Beach for most of the day. Bus service was great going to Blizzard Beach. We only waited about 5 min. but we waited about half an hour to get back.Went for EMH in the morning and it was dead. It started to get busy at about noon but still wasn't too bad. Came back at about 4:00 p.m. DH and the boys took a nap and I headed over to the fitness center. The fitness center here is really really nice. We then headed over the Downtown Disney for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express again. I really love that place. Then we went to Giardelli's for dessert. DH and I both agree that we really love this resort. This is our first time staying here. We have stayed at BCV and VWL and love them also but really like being so close to Downtown Disney. It is such a nice walk over. We spent some time at Community Hall and the Arcade. DH and I have this ping pong competition going on. They are showing movies at the Grandstand pool 3 days a week. We plan on going tommorow night so I will let you know how it is. I think the movie for tommorow is Toy Story. Well I will give an update tommorow.

Just reading your write-ups is getting me so excited about our pending trip. I can't wait and would love to hear more about the Grandstand area.
Joan

Sounds great, we will be there Tuesday. How have the crowds been?:woohoo:

We have really only been hanging out at the resort and swimming. We did do Blizzard Beach yesterday and it was not crowded at all. It got a little worse after noon time but still not too bad. We are going to MK tommorow so I will let you know how that goes. We are just hanging out by the pool again today. I promised my DH that this would be a relaxing trip so I have to stick to it as much as I can.

Just reading your write-ups is getting me so excited about our pending trip. I can't wait and would love to hear more about the Grandstand area.
Joan

I absolutely love the grandstand area. I love the rooms. Everything is so new and smells new. My DS (3) and DS (7) prefer the grandstand pool to the main pool. It has these horse squirting things that my kids love and it is never crowded. That may change but for now it is very nice and quiet. We have been to the main pool but it is very crowded. In Oct we will be staying in Congress Park because it is my DD 16th birthday and she really wants to overlook Downtown Disney and be a short walk there. Grandstands are the first bus stop which is really nice also. It is only a five min walk to the main pool and main building. It takes a little longer to get to Downtown Disney but we don't mind walking. I would stay in this section again in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter