Just a little rainy solo trip....

canyoncam

original Bambi &Thumper
Hi everyone :wave2:

I have never written a trip report before but as this was a solo trip I figured it is the best time to start without embarrassing my fellow travelers.

So who am I? My name is Cameron.

I am single (not looking to change that ;) ) and a pretty big fan of WDW and DCL, though not as up on my Disney movies and trivia as I should be :blush:

Just some background on my Disney travel:
1999 spring was my first WDW trip and I was in my early 20's travelling with friend Stayed at Caribbean Beach 3 nights 4 day PH and sailed Magic 4 nights. I got hooked :love:

2000 spring sailed Magic 7 nights with Mom

2007 fall made it back to WDW with parents, aunt, nephew stayed at Animal Kingdom 4 nights 4 day PH sailed Wonder 4 nights.

2008 fall sailed Magic 7 nights with parents.

2010 spring sailed Wonder 5 nights with sister and BIL, and aunt.

2010 fall WDW 7 nights at POP 6 day WPAM with nephew.

2012 spring sailed Fantasy with entire family.

2012 fall WDW with friend 5 nights POP 5 day one park day tickets and sail Fantasy with her family.

2013 spring solo WDW 2 nights ASMusic NO Parks :sad: back on Fantasy with entire family.

2013 fall WDW with friend ASMusic 6 nights POR 2 nights 6 day PH.

And now 2014 fall Sept 24th-Oct 2nd ASMovies 6 nights POR 2 nights 6 day PH SOLO
:cool1:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Day One: The Travel Day

Day Two: Magic Kingdom

Day Two: EPCOT

Day Three: Animal Kingdom/Downtown Disney

Day Four: Hollywood Studios and EPCOT (because I am crazy!)

Day Four: Magic Kingdom

Day Five: Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios

Day Six: 4 Parks in One day=EPCOT

Day Six: 4 parks in One day=Hollywood Studios

Day Six: 4 Parks in One day=Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom

Day Seven: Moving Day

Day Eight: MK, EPCOT, and HS Again

Day Nine: Walking the resort and heading home

Wednesday Sept 24th

I am always anxious the day of travel. I get headachy and dizzy for fear things will not work out. Today was the same. My flight left at 11:45am, but I live 3 hours from the airport in good traffic. And DIA can get crazy security lines starting mid morning. So we left at 6:30am. My Mom and aunt took me down. They just had to drive to the hotel I was going to stay at on my return (altitude adjustments :thumbsup2 ) and I would be catching shuttle to airport. We got to hotel at 8:50 so I just made the 9:00 shuttle. I knew if I got the 9:30 I'd be fine but 9 is better!

I got through security in plenty of time to grab TCBY for a late breakfast. Hey its vacation!!! I flew Southwest as I normally try to. Not a fan of the open seating. I had B33 and as a solo knew that should be good. Only the last four rows still were completely empty so I got a window seat in the back. I had a nice couple sit next to me and the best was they were not chatters. I had 6 drink coupons expiring the end of the year so gave two to them. I drank two chardonnays on the way down so I felt pretty good on landing :lmao:

When we landed I had to check the Disney store before heading to the Magical Express. I have gotten coffee as gifts for the last several trips, but it has been going up in price. First time I got a 12 pack for $24.95, then it was a 10 pack for same price. Last year an eight pack was $22.95. But I like the tins and think they make great gifts. Last year it was hard to find so I wanted to make sure if the store had it, then I wouldn't need to pack it but just carry on when I flew home. They had NO coffee. When I did find it at the resort it was eight for $24.95 and TWO were DECAF!!! I did not get any-I am not that crazy!

The ME trip was typical. I do not mind the hassle of the bus because for me it far outweighs the hassle of driving, but to each their own. Of course ASMovies was the last stop. I had done the online check in and this was the first time that went smooth for me. I had chose Toy Story high floor and that is what I got. I kind of thought I would be at the far end since I booked a standard room, but I was only 3 doors down from the food court end :cool1: Of course it was a parking lot view but enough trees blocked it. I was both happy because it was real close ( I NEED my coffee in the A.M.) but also disappointed that I would not be walking through Andy's Room unless I deterred a lot. I am never totally happy :worried:

It was just a room but it was ALL MINE!!!

These were the stairs I took everyday. One rule of WDW and cruising is STAIRS verses elevator. Means I can eat more!

Then I walked around the three All Star resorts and got some dinner. I did not take any pictures of the other resorts as i had plenty from my last trip. But I do not have those on photobucket.

I had the free QS dining on this package. I had booked it last year when I hoped my friend could join me. When she was not going to be able to i looked at other options but ticket prices had increased so this was still the best money saver. In years past they always let me get a drink for the dessert option but not this year. They sure are getting strict with the rules down here. So I got yogurt for breakfast tomorrow.

I liked the pictures from movies in the lobby.

I unpacked my backpack. I knew I should have picked up my suitcase myself but I just wanted to be free and easy. I will never do that with a flight arriving after 2pm anymore. They say to expect it starting 3 hours after hotel check in which for me was after 7pm. I got it at 11pm. And I couldn't sleep until I was unpacked. So I was in bed at 11:30 but still wound up. if I had had it myself I know I was tired enough at 9 to have fallen asleep. That would have helped as the next day was EMH at MK and that was where I was going to be heading............

Thursday Sept 25th MK EMH 8am

Despite the travel and late night I was up at 6:30 a.m. What I dislike most about the values is no in room coffee. But I do not mind the walk to the food court before lots of people,and the heat, are up. Plus this time I was close. I did not bother to get dressed. Hey, if the young girls think it is cool to wear PJ's out and about then I can too! Mine look better than theirs anyhow. Also I figure I won't see these people once I am home.

I got to MK and through bag check just as the opening show started. This is a must for me at least once per trip. I had to see it today as the train would be down for my next day at MK opening. It was a little chilly I thought and the skies were hazy but the rain held off while I was at MK today.

I headed to Space Mountain and rode it twice. Then I rode the People Mover (way up there on the list of my favorite rides). Then to Mad Tea Party. I love riding this by myself as I like to spin as fast as I can. Then to Pooh because I did not get a chance to ride it last year. It was always a 40 min+ wait or broken down. It was already at 20 minutes and the time now was only 8:40. But I decided it might be my best chance and as it turned out it was my only chance. I love the interactive queue where you touch the honey screen! I then headed to Barn Stormer but it had a 30 min wait listed. That line is so bad in the sun. Though it wasn't sunny I just did not feel like waiting that long in that line. So I rode the train. I stayed on for the full circuit and when I got off the line for Goofy's was still at 30 min and now looked longer even. I had my FP+ window for 7DMT ending in 30 minutes so I just headed there.

So I didn't take ANY pictures of the mine train :mad: But pictures were not my priority this trip, though I certainly would have not been questioned as to why I was taking "another" picture. I only had myself to answer to!

So 7 Dwarves Mine Train. It was cute. But a ride it once and call it good, unless you have younger ones. But as I had heard this before I was not expecting much anyway. I did enjoy it but was glad I had the FP+ for it. After this I walked on to IASW. This was the only time I rode it this trip. I usually like to ride it first day and last day.

By then it was time for an early lunch at Be Our Guest. I used the FP site and had a 10:30 FP+. I had also done the pre-order, but when I got to the line I found this part to be confusing. This was also my first time in BOG so I was just confused over all. THey did not have many CM's around and the few there were busy helping others. I did not see where you would break away from the order line if you did have a pre-order. As it was early it wasn't a big deal. And the CM I got once I got to the order screens was super helpful. My order was in the computer and touched my MB my order was there. I had not changed my mind so just entered on through.. I found a place in the ballroom. It was the only dining room opened since it was still so early. I sat right by the windows and watched it snow (it did snow back home later that week but I didn't have to watch THAT :) )

And here was lunch. I got the Turkey Sandwich with Pomme Frites. I can never pass up French Onion Soup so I got that and paid OOP. I will pass it in the future, not the worst but I've gotten much better. How could I pass on dessert being the Masters Cupcake?

I took this next picture for all the pantless prince fans.

After lunch I took some pictures of the Beasts Castle but they din't turn out. Here's the best one.

I then proceeded to the Riverboat. I have not ridden this since 2007 as my last companions called it boring and I would get eye rolls when I suggested it. Another reason for the solo trip. Riding what I want as many times as I wanted (though once was good on the Riverboat ;)) As I waited I called my mom. i don't think she was missing me yet and she had more to tell me then I did her :rolleyes1

Notice the hill on Big Thunder Mountain in this next picture. That is the highest hill and it will come into play later in this report.

It was then time for my BTMR FP+. I wanted to ride twice, once standby and then my FP since the hour window was just starting. But the wait time was listed as 50 min so I used the FP. Once in it was easy to see the time was WAY off as there wasn't even any one from standby waiting at the merge point. I got a seat towards the rear. Yeah! Then once off I saw the time had been corrected down to 5 min so I did ride again. Once back off it was at 10 min. Since I wanted to ride Pirates before my Splash FP+ i headed that way. Posted time for Pirates 50 minutes! And since the walkway was backed up with the line i took that to be an accurate time. I have never seen that kind of wait for Pirates and think it has to so with FP+. I also think that the FP+ made the parks seem more crowded. It was a non recommended day though which i do usually manage to avoid but my plans revolved around attraction closures this trip. Speaking of which the Tiki room would be closed on my next MK day so I went ahead and went there instead.

Afterward I walked back to Splash. Now Splash is probably my overall favorite ride in MK. Now I have never been to Disneyland so I cannot compare myself yet (though maybe by next May) but I hear I may be disappointed. I love the theme. I love how it is both indoors and outdoors. Lots of drops throughout. Nice long ride. My first visit I had waited in line with my friend for close to an hour in the hot May sun and had just got to the steps to go into the covered wait when it broke down for technical reason. That trip was at the beginning of the legacy FP roll out so we waited in line for EVERYTHING yet it seems we rode more. Just less busy I guess?

No photos here as I was too busy enjoying the ride :yay:

Only rode once and then it was off to catch the monorail to EPCOT. This was the last day of the World Showcase Players and I had never seen them perform before.

Joining in. Looks like a fun first day and you are getting a lot done!

Joining in. Looks like a fun first day and you are getting a lot done!

Thanks for reading. Easy to get a lot done solo. I had planned to slow down this trip and just enjoy the atmosphere more, but the rides called out. And with so much changing or closing I felt I had to try to see and and ride as much as possible in case they take out my favorites next! Though I suppose if I had slowed down I would have maybe seen other things that would become favorites. Oh well :rolleyes2

I mangaged to get the monorail walk on both outside MK and at th TTC. Then I went first thing to a FP+ kiosk which was CM manned in Innovations to get Maelstrom for later on. There were three slots all after 6:30, the one I chose was at 7:00.

Since things went so smoothly I was early for the 2:00 World Showcase Players. I waited on a bench towards the back of the UK area and got some steam back. When I headed backout for the show it was a bit hard to find a place but since it was just me I found standing in the shade. I took no pictures but this is off youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2-RCybLZRE

Wow! I cannot believe Disney decided to end this! Once I realized they were so good and each performance is differant I knew I had to make it back for the final one at 4:30. Not too hard for me as I don't spend much time in each country. I hear people say they can spend hours in one, but I am not a shopper. I've done most of the shows at least once. Probably the longest I spend in one is if I am eating there! Anyways I headed to France and took some flower pictures.

I also got a sea salt caramel creme brulee at the France Food and Wine Booth. I didn't see much on the menu at the booths that tempted me this year. This which was ok and a honey wine from Scotland. Also just ok.

I was at Germany at 4 so I took the boat back to Mexico. I had to get a hat at World Traders store as that was the only thing I forgot to pack. And my head will burn in the sun which was coming out in full force now. I usually buy a hat every year, even though I have been wearing the same Tigger one for my past three visits, because they have so many cute or nice ones. Of course this year I hadn't seen one I liked yet even though I checked the resort and MK. But now I was desperate. Found one for $25! It was a nice black one with Mickey head in silver glitter. A little girly for me but the only one I liked at all.

The last performance by WSP was an emotional one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEFcyyk0InE

I then headed back to Italy via boat to watch Sergio the juggler. I had never seen him and still haven't because when he came out so did the POURING rain. I was under shelter but soon joined by hundreds of my Disney friends! I had an emergency poncho so put that on and ran to Mexico as I figured 5:30 was margarita time! I was soaked when I got there. I read good reviews of the Jalapeno Marg from La Cava. I like spicy so that is what I got.

I enjoyed it but it was pretty hot by the end! Probably not my thing for next time.

I sat by the fountain to drink it and catch up on communication back home. After that I rode the boat ride. By then the rain stopped and I walked over to China. I did really want to eat there as China and Japan are the only two countries (well America too) that I have not ate anything at but I just didn't feel like Chinese now. So back to Norway where I have a favorite.

I like salmon. This is an open faced salmon sandwich. I took the dessert back for breakfast tomorrow.

It was almost 7 my Maelstrom time and I heard you could use FP+ 5 min early on most attractions and it worked for me. I love the village at the end but the lighting isn't good for pictures. I truly meant to watch the movie for one last time but I was beat! I headed to the front to leave but saw Spaceship Earth was walk on. I hadn't ridden that since 2007 so I hopped on. Has it changed? I liked it better than I remembered.

Leaving just before Illuminations meant a seat on the bus :cool1:

I took a shower when I got back, or I should say I tried to. The divertor didn't go all the way and I had very little water out of the shower head. Plus once out I could not get the water all the way off. I was too tired to deal with it. It did cause a restless night with the dripping and then I started feeling guilty of the waste of water but did eventually drift off

Great start to your trip! You really packed in a lot at MK. :thumbsup2 It must be really nice to go solo and not have to hear the complaints of others!! :ssst:

Once again an early start for EMH at Animal Kingdom. I learned from the rain yesterday and took my sturdier poncho though it takes up more room. Stopped by the front desk to report the shower. They said if it could not be fixed I would have to change rooms but they would try to keep me in the same area. I just didn't want to deal with moving so was hoping for the best.

I rode the safari right away. As we were starting to see some of the african animals a little girl cried out "Mom, there's a duck! Take a picture of the duck!" Everyone had to laugh. No ducks in my pictures, though I have taken pictures of ducks at WDW before.

As no one I travel with ever wants to walk the trails I was planning on doing the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail next but it is was only open certain days this week, Friday not being one of them. I then somehow wound up in the middle of a huge Brazilian tour group. I was a flowered shirt in a sea of red shirts. Anyway I managed to make it out of Africa and leisurely make my way to Africa and Expedition Everest.

I rode it twice with the single rider line. Last year my friend and I only rode in the front. But the back was still fun enough.

I then headed back to Africa for the 10:oo Festival Of The Lion King show. I just got into that showing! I never had been interested in seeing this but am glad I did. I would see it again, but I am not going to rave over it either. On the way out of the theater area I got an African Margarita at the Dawa bar. I guess I was in a hurry to drink this one as there isn't a picture of it! I also know it was early for a drink, 10:30, but this day just was feeling off. I wasn't enjoying myself like the day before. I can't recall my exact plans but they had gotten thrown off more than just the trail being closed. So I drank the margarita and headed down to Flame Tree BBQ since I was getting hungry (and probably needed something to go with the margarita)

Flame Tree wasn't opening until 11:00 so I had a short wait, but was only the 6th person back in line when they did open. So after ordering I pretty much had my choice of seats. I will preface this next photo with the fact I only got the combo because I had never eaten here before so wanted to try as much at once as I could, plus when I get "free" dining I feel I need to try to order the most expensive thing on the menu if it appeals to me at all. And the dessert was just because I was felling sorry for myself.

While still at the table I moved my FP+ times up as my weather app said it would be raining by 2pm. The original plan was to head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge after the park today for dinner (just at the Mara) so that is the only reason I even eas using FP at this park. Especially solo I see no need for it here. I had Primeval Whirl because I like to ride that at least once but HATE waiting in that line. So I moved that to 12-1, Kali for 1-2 and Everest 2-3.

I headed to DINOSAUR. The wait was at 40 minutes but what else was I going to do? And that line does not bug me like Whirl. Plus it is inside and it was HOT and HUMID outside today (I guess like every day in September) It did take 40 minutes but the girl next to me was a talker so it went fast.

After Primevel Whirl it was time for Kali. I rode with two couples and one family with two boys. The oldest boy was also a talker. He told me they had just ridden (they were still wet) and he proceeded to tell everyone what seats got the wettest. He was real happy when we started up the hill because he was in the seat that had gotten the wettest. He proceeded to tell me I was in the second wettest seat. I don't know if he was entirely accurate but we did get soaked!

I then walked along Maharajah Jungle Trail. At least that trail was open. It is so pretty with the flowers.

The meerkats are so fun to watch. See the guy behind the tree? He never moved in 5 minutes.

There is a tiger back there but the little kids would not move, there was about a dozen of them, so I couldn't get a good angle but I did try to zoom. In real life I could actually see him pretty well.

Then it started to rain. Not as hard as yesterday though it was coming down pretty steady. Then the lightening started. So no Everest FP+. I only wanted it for front seat anyway, since you can;t choose front seat in single rider line. I did get an email stating it would be good for that if it came back up or some other attractions for the rest of the day. I decided to get a jalapeno cheddar pretzel and wait a bit. That thing was so oven hot I burnt my lip! And just a bit overdone too. My mood was really not improving and since the rain seemed to have settled in I decided to just go to Downtown Disney.

I went back to my room first to take out my contacts and grab my Disney Quest voucher. The shower was fixed so that was a good thing.

After a long bus ride in the rain and an even longer walk in the rain, since with the construction the buses only drop off at Marketplace and Disney Quest is on the complete other side West side, I made it. Then I had to take off and deal with my poncho! They have revamped Disney Quest but it is still an arcade first and foremost. I like Cyber Space Mountain and created and rode three coaster. I could have kept on but the staff sort of wierded me out. I honestly am not saying they were creepy but I just didn't feel too comfortable. I was probably projecting thinking they were wondering about me riding over and over by myself. And I think it was just that feeling of a not so great day I had all day. Plus the rain. I played some classic arcade games but then just wanted to get on out of there as I don;t care for any of the other simulator rides.

So the poncho went back on and I headed back across the areas. I stopped at Cooks Of Dublin for dinner. I was in the mood for the fried scallops which I had never tried before. Plus they are the most expensive item on the menu! I got fruit as dessert for breakfast tomorrow though I still hadn't eaten any of my other breakfast items.

I thoroughly enjoyed these until I noticed the couple at the next table SHARE their order AND take a BOX for the leftover! Why do other people have to make you feel guilty without even trying. Oh well I still ate all mine. Actually they had each had a dessert they ate before starting their meal so I felt better after realizing that.

This meal tasted good and sitting in that little hole in the wall with the rain really felt like Ireland. I wasn't feeling sorry for myself anymore.

I did walk through some shops afterward. I only saw one top that struck me but it wasn't in my size. I did try on the sizes on either end but it wasn't meant to be. Still no cute hats. Maybe I felt relief over this! Anyway I bought nothing Downtown.

Back in the room I enjoyed a decent shower tonight. That may have been part of the reason to my mood as a shower does do wonders. The best thing about not having to share a room in leaving the bathroom door open during the shower so the steam does not build up.

I talked to Mom and was in bed by 9 and slept much better.

Great photos on the safari ride. Looking forward to reading more about your trip as I have been considering a solo trip in the near future. I'm retired now, and could do this if I just work up enough nerves to try it - lol.

I love reading about your trip so far sorry your second day was not the best ever but it still sounds like you had fun. I would love to go solo sometime but I am a little bit of a whimp and not sure if I could get the courage to go alone.

Great photos on the safari ride. Looking forward to reading more about your trip as I have been considering a solo trip in the near future. I'm retired now, and could do this if I just work up enough nerves to try it - lol.

I love reading about your trip so far sorry your second day was not the best ever but it still sounds like you had fun. I would love to go solo sometime but I am a little bit of a whimp and not sure if I could get the courage to go alone.

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Sometimes you have to be pushed to do it. In 2013 I had a trip planned with my friend but she did not give me an answer if she really was going. The week before the final payment was due I had to make the choice: go by myself or cancel? I decided to go by myself though I was nervous about it. The day of final payment she said "What are the travel dates? I can go." So I was happy. Then the entire trip I kept thinking if she wasn't here I could ride this, or eat this, or go to this park, or go swimming. or do whatever! So I booked the same way for 2014. She was on the reservation but I was secretly hoping she couldn't come :laughing: And she couldn't :)

Today was Hollywood Studios A.M. EMH so of course that was where I was headed. I like doing the early EMH if they fall during the first part of my trip.

I headed first to Tower of Terror. Thus I avoided the Toy Story rush. I had FP+ for this later on during my trip. I LOVE ToT so this worked well for me. I think I like the themeing more than the ride itself but don't get me wrong. I still love the drops!

I rode ToT only twice before I headed over to Rock N Roller Coaster, which I can only handle tiding once during the day. This was still at only a 10 min wait and the single rider was open. I decided to risk the single rider line and had success.

I wanted to ride ToT again but the wait was now at 50 minutes. At 8:30 am. I did take a look at the line and sure enough it was just inside the gates. HS does not have enough rides open during EMH to prevent this kind of back up especially on the weekends. Also remember the Frozen fireworks were only on the weekends at this point and those without hoppers were probably already here.

I headed to the other side of the park. The Great Movie Ride was not open until 9 so I passed that and headed to the Streets of America. And NO ONE was there. Why on earth I did not take a picture is beyond me! But here are the ones I did take. My brother is a mechanic and I am surprised I never took these before.

As I walked on towards LMA theater and back toward TSM I saw a small line starting at the Backlot Tour. OMG I forgot today was the very last day for this attraction. So I hopped in line. It was 9:50. I got on the first tour of the last day. It is another sad change though I must admit it had been quite a while since I last experienced it.

Now I made my way back to The Great Movie Ride. The wait was 30 minutes but I had no other pressing appointments. I got the old west robber.

After that I rode Star Tours which did have a small wait of 20 minutes. I don't think I ever had to walk that slowly through the line before, but admit I kinda enjoyed it.

It was now close to 11:00 so I headed over to ABC Commissary for lunch. I did finally eat my yogurt this am but I was hungry now. I always feel like the are where ABC is feels like a back alley we shouldn't really be in. I got my favorite salad in all the parks and of course the Olaf cupcake because he was just too cute. He was carrot cake which I love but this was a bit dry so I just had to eat ALL the frosting!

After lunch I headed to Muppet Vision. I missed much of the preshow. I did not think the theater would be too full as it never has been lately when I've gone, but as crowded as the park was so was the theater. I really didn't care for being smushed between two strangers.

When we got out it was raining. I pulled out the poncho but it was hard to get on as everyone else was either doing the same or just plain blocking the exit since they did not want to get wet! Once I did get out I headed to the Indy show. I wasn't too sure if it would still be going because of the rain. But the first scene has the covered set so they were good to go. The rain had stopped by the second scene so that played too, but the third set was too wet. That was fine by me.

Leaving that show I then had to roll up my poncho along with a few other people. The skies were now blue and the sun was getting hot. I then headed to ToT intending one more ride then to leave the park. On the way over I ran upon the Citizens of Hollywood starting a skit on Hollywood BLVD. It was one I had seen before but who knows when Disney will cancel these guys so I watched. It was HOT though and you could see them sweating. I could not do that work and I thank the actors for suffering for our entertainment.

The wait was still 50 minutes at ToT. Even though I love the theme I do not enjoy standing long in the boiler room and that is were the wait is once it reaches 20+ minutes. So I just left as I knew I had a few more days at this park. In fact the next day I was heading there for PM EMH. But tonight was PM EMH at MK so I needed a rest. However on the way out I decided a quick trip to EPCOT wouldn't be so bad.

I rode the boat over getting off and the Yacht and Beach club so I could walk in and smell the lobbies. Yes I am crazy but I love their smell and the Grand Floridians!

At EPCOT I intended to just get a drink and ride Nemo as I knew it would be too busy with F&W on the weekend (this was Saturday) but I still underestemated the crowd at 2pm! It was very difficult making my way to Future World. I stopped to get a dole whip with creme de menthe. Once in Future World it was still packed so I just rode Imagination with Figment, which was walk on, then left the park just after 3pm.

I left off that I headed back to the room to rest. First I showered up and then I just could not nap :( I did lie down and at least my body and eyes got some rest. I left for Magic Kingdom a little before 6pm. I had bought a package of glow bracelets at Target in their dollar section. I'd pulled it out that afternoon to grab some but realized on the bus I had forgot them!! I hate it when I plan so hard and so well but then just wind up doing whatever :rolleyes1

On arriving at MK I realized the train was still up and running so I rode it back to Fantasyland. Then I walked on down to the People Mover to kill time before my 7DMT FP+. Wow, the train then People Mover. Guess I am just full of energy! But I did hop on the Tea Cups before 7DMT to make sure it was dark before I rode. I know many rides are different in the dark so I wanted to try before I totally wrote off the Mine Train. Let me just say it was WAY cooler in the dark! i may never ride it in the daylight again. I was glad my next FP+ for it was going to be in the dark too.

I had dinner at Columbia Harbor House. No picture because the lighting was terrible in there and my flash just made things worse. It was a Hummus sandwich with chips and apple slices for dessert (had to make up for the Olaf cupcake) After eating I walked through the Swiss Family Treehouse. First time I hadn't been stuck in a slow or fast moving stream of people though here. Nice to go at my pace. I loved this movie as a kid. Crappy pictures in the dark though.

I had BTMR FP+ next. I knew this would be during the Electrical Light Parade but I choose my FP based more on where I planned to be. So i rode first with the FP then with the minimal wait hopped right back in line to ride again. Mistake. Now I have been on BTMR when it stopped before but always when it restarted. Not this time. Almost right away they announced that the ride would not be restarting and to remain seated until CMs came along to assist us off. I was in the second to last row and the couple behind me made the wait rather interesting. He had always wanted the very last row and was so excited he got it. His wife blamed him for our being stuck. At least it was not raining. Anyway I took lots of pictures knowing they probably wouldn't turn out, but some did.

I texted a few people with the photo to have them guess where I was stuck. My friend got it right away but my non Disney family had no clue :confused3

It wasn't long before we were getting escorted off. They are real professional about it but still make it fun for a somewhat scary situation. The train I was on stopped at the top of the highest hill-remember that picture from day two that I had you check out that hill? As such it was the first train to get evacuated. They said one rule was once we were out of the train NO PICTURES of the behind the scene stuff. They have the whole area monitored by cameras and they will spot you snapping and WILL confiscate your camera, phone, ie, and make sure they are deleted before you get it back. Sure enough they caught a lady almost right away. Over the speaker they announced who it was and told the CM to grab her phone! It really wasn't that neat anyway. It was a little hard getting off the train as it was at an angle and a good foot and half off the track. Then some of the walkway was slick. They kept one CM in front of the group and one at the rear. When we had to wait for the group to be together the front CM told the same corny rock jokes you hear on Jungle Cruise. He asked what kind of stone is BTMR made out of, many take it for granite but it is limestone and really one of the boulder attractions. Reminded me I had not been on Jungle Cruise yet this trip. We all got one paper fastpass per person good until the end of the month (3 days in this case) good for BTMR, Splash, Space and a few others that I cannot recall just now.

It really did not take that long to get off but being the first train evacuated probably helped. My FP+ time for Splash was just starting so I headed over there. The fireworks were starting too so it was cool to watch them from up top and down the falls. Since there was no line because of the fireworks I hopped right back on.

By then it was 10:30 so I headed to Jungle Cruise hoping the line would be minimal as people should be heading out of the park after the fireworks. Closing was 11pm. The wait was 30 minutes though. Since it is not an EMH attraction I stuck it out. I do really like the lame jokes anyway so I enjoyed it. And I had a really funny skipper!

Once off it was official EMH. I rode Pirates which still took 20 minutes in line. BTMR was still closed (and yes I would be crazy enough to get back on) so I headed to Tomorrowland. On the way I walked by Little Mermaid and rode that. And got stopped on it. No evacuation this time but it was a good ten to fifteen minutes and that song became torture. i wasn't even in one of the rooms with a scene but in the dark between two scenes. I much preferred being stuck on BTMR!

Finally I got to ride Goofy's Barnstormer. It had no line and I got to stay on three times without even stepping off and the operator said I could have probably stayed on all night but I still wanted to ride Space.

I got to Space which had a 25 minute wait posted. I was sure this was wrong as it was now 12:30 and the last 30 min of EMH. Last year I know I rode it at least 6 times in a row in 40 minutes during EMH. But alas it was at least a 20 minute wait, because right after I got off I just made it into the Buzz Lightyear Spin line at 12:55. So that was my last ride.

I don't know if it was because this was a weekend with EMH (think last years was on Monday) or just because it was a busier week than last year but I definately accomplished less during the EMH. And I am torn on what I like better, doing the EMH or going to a non EMH park. I've done both and enjoy both. Obviously so far this year I had been doing the EMH parks.

There was a group of twentysomethings walking next to me on the way out and they had started at HS EMH also. But I don't think they had to go back to the room to rest like I did. Getting older kinda sucks!

I saw the Goodnight Kiss on my way out. It was nice to see. I had forgotten I wanted to try to see it and here I just sort of stumbled on it. Seems I forgot a lot of what I wanted to do this trip. At least some has worked out. I was trying to video the lights on my phone when Mom texted me. I have a real old phone so I lost the video. oh well, can't blame Mom for being concerned! Got some pictures though.

I was back in the room by 1:35am where I took another shower and this time did pass out for the night.

I managed to sleep in until the late hour of 8 am. I went to start my one load of laundry for this trip and grab my coffee. i had wanted to lay by the pool but in was just too hot. This wound up being the only day without rain. I had originally planned to do Downtown this day but since I had already made it there and had no real desire to go back decided I would go to Animal Kingdom to ride Everest.

I left for the park at 10 but by the time I got the bus and arrived I was hungry and thought I might like some zebra domes. I got on the bus to AKLodge and headed straight to the Mara. I also ordered a roasted veggie flatbread pizza. Best thing I ate on this trip.

This was around noon now so none of the animals were out. I saw plenty while I stayed here in 2007. I Loved staying here but have no desire to stay again. If I get to stay deluxe again it would be Wilderness Lodge or as long as I am dreaming the Poly :rotfl2:

Back at the park I watched ITTBAB. This is a must for me once each trip and it had just opened up from refurb since I was here two days ago. Then on the way back to Everest I rode DINOSAUR since it was walk on. Some photos on the way out.

At Everest I rode twice through the single rider line. I still wanted front seat but the regular line was still at 30 minutes so I decided to go watch the Flights of Wonder show (I do apologize for the lame TR without any cool pictures of this kind of stuff). In the past Everest always became walk on during the last hour of opening but that did not happen today. I stood in a twenty minute line for the front seat but it was worth it.

The wait was 30 min when I got off and though I entertained the idea of waiting I decided a margarita might be more pleasant. And enjoying the quiteness of the park as it started to close.

I tried to slowly make my way to the front with margarita but I still had some left so I found a bench to people watch and finally got to see DeVine. It could have been the heat, my tiredness, or the margarita but I actually found her a bit creepy.

I left the park and was glad I knew I would have to have my marg finished as I watched a guy chug his practically full beer cup.

I hopped over to Hollywood Studios and was overwhelmed by how crowded it was. Of course I should have been more prepared as this was the weekend and the FROZEN fireworks. Since my first FP+ was a little bit off I went in to watch One Man's Dream to avoid the heat and crowds. This was the first time I watched it and found it interesting.

First FP+ was for Toy Story Mania. I got the highest score in the car (150,000 so nothing to brag about).

Next FP+ was Star Tours. After that I headed across park to Rockin' Roller Coaster and decided to use single rider as the wait was 40 min. Not a good choice. I waited just as long. In fact they closed single rider after our group was let in and did not reopen it until I was next to load.

Tower was next.

I rode that twice standby at 10 min waits as the Frozen night show was going on. Once the fireworks started I took a quick look at them. I am not much for fireworks but I would say they are the best I've seen in a while.

I had planned on staying fo the PM EMH but I was getting tired. So I used my Tower FP+ then left the park. I was hungry but I didn't care for anything that was still open at the park. I got to the resort just after 10:00 so the good places there were closed also. I settled for a soggy quasadilla not even picture worthy but I took one anyway!

I ate it in my room. I was feeling I should have just stayed at the park and grabbed a hamburger and rode Terror repeatedly but just then it started to rain pretty good. So that made me think I'd made the right choice. If I'd stayed out I would have had to poncho up but as it was I made it through an entire day without having to wear the thing :)

It was still drizzling when I woke up at 7:30. Today I was heading to EPCOT to start out. I had not wanted to waste my FP+ here so I needed to rope drop Soarin' if I was to ride it this trip.

Originally I had planned to do all four parks today primarily to rope drop Soarin and see ITTBAB at AK. Since I had made it back yesterday to AK I had it in my mind just to hit EPCOT, HS, and MK now. But as you can see from then title I did manage to go ahead and hit all four. First time I have ever done that. Let's see how it played out!

I got to EPCOT about 8:30 for a 9:00 opening. I wasn't too far back but as I waited the drizzle that had stopped picked up again. I was over to the far right and once the breakfast only lines turned into regular lines I snuck into one of those. They happened to be under the monorail so provided some protection from the rain.

I knew I was far enough up in line not to have to worry about really racing for Soarin'. It was pretty funny, though, once inside it turned out 98% of the crowd was heading to Test Track! I was moving a what I would call a modest pace and only one couple made it to Soarin' before me. We actually had to wait about 5 minutes before they even opened the line to the theaters. By then there still was only a handfull of people. Being early did mean a front row seat! One ride is enough for me though so afterward I rode Living with the Land. The couple in front of me asked if I was by myself and I did admit I was. He told his wife "She knows how to avoid arguments while traveling. Just go by yourself!" They admitted though they had not had an argument yet on this trip. :rotfl:

I then got something to eat. I had never yet got anything to eat in Sunshine Seasons though it always smells SOOO good. Today I got a Bacon and Ham Panini with Breakfast Potatoes. The potatoes did not disappoint (It is hard for ANY potato to disappoint me) but the Paninin was just so so.

The rain had stopped once I left The Land and I headed over to The Seas. I walked on to NEMO. Actually when there is no line you still have to meander, or swim, through the maze and that alone I think took 5 minutes! I spent about 15 minutes after the ride looking at the aquariums. Heading back outside the sun was in full force for my walk over to Test Track. It was getting to be the hottest day during my trip. I walked through Innoventions just to avoid the sun. This is a place I spent a fair amount of time in when I came with my 12 yr old nephew. Some really cool stuff for the kids, but I kind of feel odd spending much time in there as a solo adult. Getting on over to Test Track the single rider line was 10 minutes. I liked the old version of TT better but the speed test is still what makes this ride. When I got off I could hear the JAMMitors starting so I headed over to watch them. No place in the shade to watch but at least I did get a seat.

Now to Ellen's Energy Adventure. Long story behind why this is a must do attraction for me, besides just the fact it gets one out of the hot sun. My Mom absolutly loved this on her one trip to the World and she was asking me every day if I rode it yet. As hot as it was getting today I was glad to be heading there.

So I get into the preshow just as Ellen says "You're late" Man, the preshow is most of the fun! I knew I would have to stop back in to see that. I spread out across my row and enjoyed the break from the heat. Once back outside I got an iced coconut mocha from the Joffrey's stand since Mom had told me today was National Coffee Day. The girl working the stand was not too happy with her job and nothing I could say made her any happier . I should be glad the mocha tasted ok.

This is the third year I have been to EPCOT during F&W but the first year I discovered the Festival Center :confused3 So I headed in there. They do cooking demos, wine tastings, and other presentations in here. Plus they had a Ghiredellis chocolate booth that hands out free samples (but all out today already). I wanted to get some drinking chocolate and the sparkling wine they recommended to drink with it, but I had the coffee in my hand. Plus I KNEW I wanted an Avacado margarita from La Cava today. I also knew I would be back here in two days and could plan on the chocolate then.

Heading over to La Cava the day was absolutely gorgeous!

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED my Avacado marg. I was worried when I saw it was a blended one. I am a rocks girl. But this thing was so yummy it is beyond words. I savored it on my way out of the park. Knowing it would have to be gone before I made it to the gate I took the time to take some photos of the gardens in Canada. And I don't know if anything ever happens in the area up above Le Cellar?

As I walked out of the International Gateway I could see the boat just pulling away. I had planned to walk anyway so that was fine. I hadn't counted on it being the hottest day though. I am a mountain girl and live where the summer highs are in the upper 70's and there is NO humidity. I was crazy to think I could make the walk faster than the boats. Well I could have if I didn't HAVE to stop and rest at the Boardwalk. Might as well use the restroom too.

After the 40 minute walk I made it to HS! This was the point I decided for sure I had time to make all 4 parks today. I really only wanted to ride ToT here and Everest at AK. I had FP+ for MK atarting at 6pm. Right now it was just after 1:00. ToT was only at 10 min and I got to ride it twice. Then despite the failure of single rider on RNRC last night I decided to try it today. On and off in less than 10 minutes :cool1: And of course I rode ToT one more time. Some shots of my favorite attractions.

Then on my way out of the park I saw the Public Works performing a skit. Now that I know these performances might go away at any time I decided I had time to watch. Glad I did as I was used in the skit. This guy wanted me to be elected to be the new foreman. The other two told him I wasn't even part of the company but he gave me a little fake rose and said to call him :) Hey, it is a cool little memento from the trip!

But as I watched I was getting nervous over the weather as it looked like rain was probably on the way in. It had been such a wonderful morning and early afternoon I hated to see it.

The skies were starting to darken as I walked out of HS. I only had a 5 min wait until the bus to AK came. On the way over the skies got even darker. As I stepped off the bus the first drops of rain started. It was about 3pm now so a lot of people were heading out. It wasn't heavy rain but it looked like it would be around for a while. So even though I had hoped to ride Everest I headed to DINOSAUR. I walked right into the show. When I got off the rain had actually stopped so I continued to Everest. I wanted one more time in the front seat so waited in the 20 min line. Not that bad. I rode in the front with a girl from the single rider line who turned out to be a CM. It was her afternoon off and she was heading over to F&W after this ride. She had never ridden in the front before and she loved it. We were fortunate with our timing as the rain started again once we got off. I pulled out my poncho and figured since I had it on might as well ride Kali. Posted 30 min wait but as I got closer I could not believe that because i get up to just 3 bends behind the merge with FP+. I figured based on past experience 10 min wait. NOT. Well this turned out to be my worst experience with FP+ messing up the standby line! THe FP+ line was longer than standby and they get to go first. Now I do not know if people actually picked this time beforehand figuring it would be their last ride before leaving the park so its ok to get soaked, or if it was the only time left for day of choice, or maybe the extra FP+ after the original 3 were used. But whatever it was the line just kept coming. Standby just had to wait there while FP+ was herded in while every 5 min that was stopped to let in a handful (literally 5-10 standby guests) were let in. I did have a nice chat with the guy in front of me. It was him and his little girl, I think the wife and another child were back at the resort already. We discussed his BOG FP+ reservation for tomorrow. I told him to be looking for the booth to break out of the line since they had done the pre-order meal. After the 30 minutes we were next for standby when the lightening started so of course Kali closed. They gave us all paper FP similar to the one I got for being stuck on BTMRR. They were good for all rides at AK and good until the end of the month but TOMORROW was the end of the month. And it was now 4:50 and the park closed in 10 minutes! The guy offered me his as they were going to MK tomorrow with no hoppers. But tomorrow was my no park day. I didn't feel the need to use mine either but headed to MK hoping maybe I could get it exchanged for an attraction there.

By the time I got to MK it was coming down pretty steady. I stopped into guest relations and got a really nice girl though she was fairly new. I told her that this was the first day I had made it to all 4 parks in one day. Then I told her about my experience at Kali and said I won't know unless I ask but is there a way maybe I could use the FP here? She had to go ask a supervisor but the answer was yes! She asked which attraction...no restrictions, it could be ANY! Well I already had JC, 7DMT, and Space. I really wanted BTMRR but knew the likelihood of that running tonight was slim to none. So I chose Peter Pan. I don't ever ride it because of its usually very long line and I hate to burn a FP on it but this was a bonus so that was it. She asked for my band to add it on and said I could redeem it at ANY time tonight. This was too good to be true if it really worked (spoiler: it DID).

I then used the restroom which takes forever in a wet poncho! Another bonus for solo travel was no one was asking why I have to use the restroom so much and why does it take me so long? :rotfl:

As JC was my first FP+ I headed over there. Well it started to POUR before I got to the Adventureland bridge. I managed to make it to some shelter by Aloha Isle. I mean the rain hurt it was so dense. As I waited I got to thinking how I had never had a Dole Whip Float. But actually what I wanted now was a Citrus Swirl from Sunshine Seasons (funny how my mind works :laughing:). The rain let up after about 5 min and though still heavy not AS bad so I ran to Sunshine Seasons. I think the people working the counter thought I was just seeking shelter as I had to get their attention to order. No picture as I was too hungry and too wet to pull the camera out. After I ate I got an email, yes now I had to pull out my iPod! JC was down and I could use my FP+ on some other specific attractions, Philharmagic being one. I had never seen that so I thought maybe, but I'd see how long JC was down. In the meantime the rain was even lighter now, more like a drizzle. So being next to Pirates I got in line. Very short one since I think people were just starting to leave the shelter they had sought. The guy in front of me was also a solo. I did not talk to him but he was complaining to the CM's about the rides being down for the rain and lightning. Really :rolleyes: ! Like it is their fault the weather is that way. Yes it was too bad the weather was bad but he was not the only one affected!

After Pirates I headed to Splash. I was texting Mom about the rain and how wet it was and that I was going to get on Splash but hoped I didn't get wet :rotfl2:

Next I used my PP FP. I really enjoyed it. It had been years since I rode it. I thought about using my JC FP+ for IASW as it had a 20 min wait but I just wasn't feeling like that ride :guilty: So i headed to Philharmagic. I debated but decided not to use the FP. I wouldv'e had the wait anyway as the show had just shut the doors. In the waiting area i was by these two families who were together. They kept including me in the conversation like they knew me. Finally the one father said"oh I didn't even realize you weren't one of us. Everyone looks alike in these ponchos!" And that was true as in guest relations this guy had started to hiug me from behind when his wife called out "Bill! That's not me!"

I enjoyed Philharmagic more than I thought I would. I mean I like the 3D shows but I guess I always thought this one must be more lame than ITTBAB or Muppets Vision. I don't know how I thought that. Guess it just toook one rainy night to get me there. I had wanted Pinocchio Haus for dinner but I just missed that forgetting they close pretty early. I love the flatbread but I guess I did already have some pretty good flatbread at AKLodge this trip. It was now time for my 7DMT FP+ but I wanted it to be a bit darker. I think it was 7:00 and I decided just to hang around the area and people watch for the next half hour. Actually I was surprised it was still running as JC and BTMRR were not running. I got front seat but with the rain I don't think I lucked out. My seatmate and I got pelted! The ride in the dark was still cool. I'll just skip the rain next time.

I hate Cosmic Rays but it looked like that was my only option for dinner at this point on this side of the park. At least I found a salad. I should have just got a hamburger. Why try to kid myself! And I got a quiet seat in back by a window.

It was now time for my Space FP+. I got put in front seat so I was happy until the idiot people assigned to the same train got confused and I somehow ended up in the middle :mad:. Oh well. The wait was only 10 minutes as people were gathering for Wishes so I rode again. Not front seat and I never did get front seat this trip. I never asked for it though. I think I laready mentioned I just did my FP+ based on where I planned to be and not tring to maximize the benefit of aiming for prime time? I don't care for the fireworks or parades, just like getting glimpses of them. This was fine as a solo but when I travel with someone else I will try to get FP+ for the times the attraction might be busiest.

A quick ride on the People Mover. I noticed JC was up and I contemplated heading over. I could still use my FP+ on it, but it was 8:50. The wishes crowd made the Hub impossible to cross and I was too tired to walk back through Tomorrowland and Frontierland to the other side of the park in 10 min. So I just followed another family, who parted the crowds for me, on out of the park. I got a seat on the bus and saw the fireworks out the window as we headed on our way

Finally caught up!
Boy all that rain really sucks, but you still made the best of it and kept moving. That's all you really can do.

Finally caught up!
Boy all that rain really sucks, but you still made the best of it and kept moving. That's all you really can do.

I'll take the rain verses anything worse: ie Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Sinkholes, or the blizzards I deal with at home! If I had been traveling with someone I think it may have been worse because I would have had to worry about how they were coping. After day three I just accepted it and dealt with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter