Jurassic Park Ride

Sit in the back few rows, and toward the center and you'll stay dry. People in the very front and on the sides may get wet (sides will actually only be half wet), but row four or behind, or in the center of the back rows, you'll be lucky to get a light spritz.

I've been on this ride and didn't remember getting wet! good thing I know so I can prepare for our October trip...

I went on this ride last Friday. Before boarding, I asked the attendant the best place to sit to not get wet. He said "the back row." He was right.

Woody

One thing to note if you get Front of the Line passes they sit you in the last 2 rows. It now makes sense why I never understood why people talked about getting soaked - have ridden probably 6 times but always in back!

Poncho-definitely wear a poncho! The first time we rode it we were lucky enough to find someone's discarded ponchos lying on a bench. We rode a couple times and then passed them on to other people waiting in line. We did not get soaked but we would have without the ponchos. :goodvibes

stagemomx3 said:
Maybe we just got lucky, but we sat in the very front row 3 times and never got soaked.

That's very lucky.

Woody

I took some pictures of the "splashdown" part of the ride last Monday and after looking at them was quite suprised. First, it is true, they have redesigned some aspects of the ride to lessen the splash. I have pics from a few years back and the splash is about half the size now. Also, it looks like the folks towards the middle of the boat, even in the front rows, don't get it near as bad as the back.

jp1.jpg

jp2.jpg

Back row, center DEFINITELY!! Sit on the side and you'll get wet (right hand side especially if the dino comes out the water before you make the left into the danger zone) and sit in the front you'll get wet. It's all part of the fun though... as long as you're not wearing jeans (like I was a lot of the time during our visits this summer - good for the evening but not good on JPRA - lol) and the sun is shining!! :sunny:

Have fun!! :thumbsup2

We were at US last Thursday and Friday. We rode several times and never got soaked. The first couple times we were in the back (FOL passes) and the second day we were in the front row.

We got more wet from the squirting dino's at the front of the ride rather than the splash down. My hair and arms were very wet but clothes remained pretty dry.

KC

Another tip that ALWAYS works, is put your head directly on the padded thing in front of you looking down at the floor, if you get a splash at all it will just get a little on your back that way.

Im so excited. This ride will be sweet! I've never been on it. Im debating if I should sit in the back or the front. Im not afraid of getting wet, but I dont want to be drying out all afternoon either.

I'm glad I read about this. My DH would not be happy about getting wet. I had no idea. He doesn't like walking around in wet clothes or squishy shoes. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter