Jungle cruise

Beckyb3

Mouseketeer
Did Jungle Cruise get updated? I know there is a movie coming out soon but it is consistently the longest wait or close to the longest wait of all the rides at MK which seems inexplicable to me based on the ride I remember which was a bit boring and dated (sorry all you Jungle cruiser lovers). I just don’t understand it. I keep thinking do we need to get on this but if I waited long for the ride I remember, I wouldn’t be thrilled.

They are updating some scenes but the high wait has to be due to the movie. Seeing those wait times surprised me as I'd never wait 45 minutes to ride it.

The movie has been out for nearly 2 months.

"Normal" wait time for Jungle Cruise has been 35-45 minutes for years.

THIS^

Did Jungle Cruise get updated? I know there is a movie coming out soon but it is consistently the longest wait or close to the longest wait of all the rides at MK which seems inexplicable to me based on the ride I remember which was a bit boring and dated (sorry all you Jungle cruiser lovers). I just don’t understand it. I keep thinking do we need to get on this but if I waited long for the ride I remember, I wouldn’t be thrilled.

They have already begun the updates doing them off hours. Some scenes are new, some changed, a sunken boat .... after seeing the moving I think they could make a few other good changes to liven the ride up.

I *LOVE* Jungle Cruise. Cannot wait to ride the updated version! Was a little bummed when they announced it, I love the puns and silliness - but this way I get NEW Puns and jokes! So that's exciting! :)
Also bummed that it is not part of the Early OR the Extended hours!!! :( So sad! But a good argument for Genie+ for MK for me.

The movie has been out for 3-1/2 weeks. It was released July 30.

I agree the lines have been long for a good while, but the changes, and movie probably prompted a little more interest.

All I could think was ................ that seems like forever ago I saw it. Weird times.

I *LOVE* Jungle Cruise. Cannot wait to ride the updated version! Was a little bummed when they announced it, I love the puns and silliness - but this way I get NEW Puns and jokes! So that's exciting! :)
Also bummed that it is not part of the Early OR the Extended hours!!! :( So sad! But a good argument for Genie+ for MK for me.

Have you seen the movie? His character is full of puns! I actually don't like the ride but the movie helped make it so much better.

"Normal" wait time for Jungle Cruise has been 35-45 minutes for years.
[/QUOTE]

I never know when movies are out anymore because it’s weird now with theatrical releases not being as big.

Normal is relative. When lines were 35-45 minutes for Jungle Cruise, lines were 90 for 7DMT and now that line is usually shorter or the same as Jungle Book and PP is shorter. It just seems odd.

All I could think was ................ that seems like forever ago I saw it. Weird times.

Have you seen the movie? His character is full of puns! I actually don't like the ride but the movie helped make it so much better.
I can't even process that! It and Splash are easily my two favorite rides in Magic Kingdom. 😂

The movie has been out for 3-1/2 weeks. It was released July 30.

Yeah, I was thinking June 30th, but I guess that was Cruella...somewhere in that time frame.

Still, I haven't noticed any jump in normal wait times for the ride. In fact, it seems to be one of the steadiest rides at MK...35-45 minutes no matter what time of the year we go (usually, 3-4 times/yr).

Even when there's barely a line that queue takes forever for some reason. Slow loading boats I guess. After all these times only will jump on if 15-20 minute wait or less. Pirates next door I will wait as long as I have to!

The movie was great and I'd like to see more from it integrated into the ride. I am looking forward to the changes, though I haven't been since they started. I love the ride, but it did need a refresh.

We saw it last weekend sort of in preparation for our disney trip this weekend. I wanted it fresh in mind and I wanted to see if there are connections from the ride to the movie. We really enjoyed the movie too.

Part of the wait time is the loading, unloading of the boats. Those boats don’t take a huge amount of people to start with. And then add in that it takes some folks a little longer to enter/ exit. JC is one of my DH’s favorite rides. We’re in our mid 60s now & I can tell you, we’re a little slower getting on & off than we were 20 years ago. Even tho it’s only a few minutes here & there, it adds up as the crowds build.

Even though they are doing some scenery changes and updating some jokes, it's still going to basically be the same ride as it has been. So if a 45 min. wait for that will leave you feeling "not thrilled", I suggest you skip it. :)

Sometimes long lines don't indicate anything more than a nostalgic ride that takes awhile. :)

Speaking only for myself, I did make a stop in MK a couple weekends ago solely to ride JC because of the ride updates. I'm local and my reservation was for Animal Kingdom that day - I would have just gone home afterwards but I wanted to see the updates to JC (which I loved!), so I hopped to MK only for that purpose. And then I left again right after that because MK felt so much more crowded than AK and I didn't feel like sticking around for anything else.

If not for the updates and having just seen the new movie (which was also a lot of fun), I would have only done AK that day. Obviously I have no idea if that is true for enough other people to influence the overall wait times, but they did get at least one new rider out of it that day who wouldn't have even been in the park otherwise.

Loved the movie so much, and the puns, just loved it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter