June Jungle Book Exercise Challenge!

Good morning and happy Sunday! Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!

Only a few color changes today, but they're still exciting! :rainbow:
Congratulations to our newest members of
Baloo Purple - PollyannaMom & sophy1996!

Let's back it up a bit today and talk about the newest Jungle Book film.

220px-The_Jungle_Book_%282016%29.jpg

The latest version of The Jungle Book, a live-action adaptation, was released in April 2016 and earned over $100 million in its opening weekend. The 2016 adaptation stars Neel Sethi as with talented actors (including Ben Kingsley, Bill Murray, Scarlet Johansson, and many others) lending their voices to the CGI animals. The film is directed by Jon Favreau (Iron Man, Iron Man 2), and the script was written by Justin Marks. Many of the songs and scenes familiar to viewers from the 1967 original appear in this movie, but they are given new life through this modern adaptation.

As of last weekend, The Jungle Book has earned over $350 million domestically and over $900 million worldwide. A sequel has already been announced, also directed by Favreau, with Marks expected to return as scriptwriter. The movie is expected to be released some time between 2017 and 2019.

Looks like my last check in was last Sunday with 401 minutes. Since then I have -

21 minute walk on Monday
19 minute walk on Tuesday
56 minute run/walk on Wednesday
20 minute walk on Thursday
22 minute walk on Friday
33 minute walk on Saturday
108 minute run/walk today

21 minutes yoga / stretch today
10 minutes yoga / stretch on the 16th

711/1200 Total

Happy Monday! Some awesome news to report - our team officially hit Baloo Purple!! Congrats to everyone who contributed minutes to get us there.

We also have two new individual members of Baloo Purple - congrats,
chbc & kathleen27!!

Today let's celebrate Baloo by learning a little bit about his origins.

latest

Did you know that the Hindi word for bear is Bhālū (भालू)? In fact, that's where Baloo gets his name from. Many of the characters in The Jungle Book have names derived from the Hindi words for their species.
In the original book, Baloo is a strict teacher, and Mowgli is his most problematic student. In the Disney films, Baloo's role and personality is changed, and he is portrayed as a friendlier, more even-tempered character, who is one of Mowgli's mentors and friends.
In both the book and the films, Baloo works with Bagheera to save Mowgli from Shere Khan.

Good morning! Let's start off the day with some awesome color changes :rainbow:

Congratulations to the newest member of
Baloo Purple, 2manypets!!
We've also got a new member of
Mowgli Red - congrats, BumbleB!!

I also want to throw out some special recognition to one of our members who has gone beyond color changes, but is still doing an awesome job! Not only has
verleniahall exceeded her goal, she's more than halfway to doubling her goal. Awesome job!!!

We haven't really talked about Mowgli at all, so let's do that today.

In the 1967 film The Jungle Book, Mowgli is voiced by Bruce Reitherman. Reitherman had previously provided the voice of Christopher Robin in 1966’s Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree. After graduating from UC Berkley with a degree in Natural Resources (perhaps inspired by his time as Mowgli?), Reitherman’s more recent work has been as a cameraman, producer, writer and director for shows like In the Wild, Nature, and Big Bear Week.

Reitherman’s father, Wolfgang Reitherman, was part of the group of Disney animators known as Disney’s Nine Old Men. Here is a picture of the two Reithermans looking at some Jungle Book storyboards:
1193213432_extras_ladillos_2_1.jpg

I have some reporting to do because apparently I have failed to do so haha. 30 minutes on the 14th, 60 minutes on the 16th, 45 minutes on the 17th(stationary bike), and 20 minutes of walking through an airport(that's what my fitbit deemed walking so I'm counting it lol) for a total of 610-600. Spend all of Sunday traveling to Amsterdam Airport, leaving there around noon local time, and the jetlag is kicking my behind.

I'm hoping to at least get some pilates in while on vacation because my parent's house doesn't have much room for more cardio-like exercise and tomorrow my 4y/o wants to go to a zoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter