June Jungle Book Exercise Challenge!

Early this morning I did my PT, a 4 mile run plus warm-up and cooldown walks for a total of 60 minutes. Just got back from an hour long strength class. So total of 120 minute today.

865/2000

What do they do in strength class? Is it like bodypump or whatever or is it something different like bootcamp or just teaching lifting. They have bootcamps coming up at my gym but charge $5 so I don't know if I'd go. I wish we had bodypump options. I just use the machines but if they did a camp of stronglift training I'd be all on that kind of strength class.

What do they do in strength class? Is it like bodypump or whatever or is it something different like bootcamp or just teaching lifting. They have bootcamps coming up at my gym but charge $5 so I don't know if I'd go. I wish we had bodypump options. I just use the machines but if they did a camp of stronglift training I'd be all on that kind of strength class.

I'm not familiar with body pump classes. The one I did today was at the sports physical therapy place I went for PT when I had running injuries. I go once a week. That way my PT sees me and can see if anything looks off so he can suggest some exercises to ward off trouble. I have a long history of running injuries. I like it because it is very individualized and he really watches everyone to make sure they have correct form. He has us use very heavy weights but for limited repetitions through functional movements. Not like a bootcamp. That said, today was my last one for the summer because my kids will get out of school and I can not go at that time. I will revert to my gym's strength classes. I like them. They are a usually full body workouts. I like variety, and if I went to the weight area on my own I do the same few things over and over. With classes the instructor mixes things up. That helps because my body is not getting used to the same exercises over and over.

Too late to join? If not put me down for 350 for the rest of June.

Never too late! Welcome to the team!

So ... I'm back!

Reporting in with...
Friday - 53 minutes
Saturday - 10 minutes
Sunday - 57 minutes
Monday - 20 minutes

732/1900

First post is up to date. Please double check your numbers when you get a chance ... I had a lot to catch up on and may have missed something.

I'll be back in a few minutes with our (AWESOME!!) color changes!!

Hey guys!! It's awesome to see that everyone kept up the exercise even without my updates!

Lots of awesome color changes to announce ... :rainbow:

Congrats to our newest members of
Shere Khan Orange - chbc, PollyannaMom, sophy1996, and Zoesmama03!
We've also got a new members of
Baloo Purple - congrats, BumbleB and Tasha228!

We have two new colors making an appearance today:
Congrats to
galaxygirl76 on reaching King Louie Pink!
And congrats to our first person to reach goal and
WISH Jungle Green ... verleniahall!

Let's talk a little bit about King Louie today.
In 1967’s The Jungle Book, the voice of King Louie is provided by Louis Prima. Prima is primarily known for his musical career, which spanned many decades and many genres. He began his musical career with a seven-piece New Orleans style jazz band in the late 1920s, then lead a swing combo in the 1930s, a big band in the 1940s, a Vegas lounge act in the 1950s, and a pop-rock band in the 1960s.
MV5BMjA3NjgwNzIxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzM0MzQ2._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Prima’s song “Sing, Sing, Sing (With a Swing),” famously recorded by Benny Goodman, has appeared in many TV shows and movies since it was originally recorded in the 1930’s.

No Jungle Book connection for this song ... yet. There's always the sequel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter