June, July, or August?

tjm502

Earning My Ears
i put this in another forum, but i wasn't sure where the best place to start this thread, so i will add it here...

we are taking our 3 kids for the first time this summer and need to know when the best time to go would be and what to expect for weather? kids are 11, 10, and 6 ... school ends june 12 and school doesn't start back up until day after labor day..

My vote would be for week of August 24. Florida shools have started and other schools start week before Labor Day (US!) We will be there the week before, but would much rather be going the last week. We will get home on a Saturday and have Sunday to get everything organized for the first day of school on Monday!
JMO! :cool:

www.weather.com will give you historical averages for temperature. Early June has a mean daily temp of about 2 degrees lower than late August.

Generally speaking, the earlier or later you go it will be cooler and less crowded. The peak for attendence will be the week or two around the fourth, but except for the week around the fourth and the first week in June or the last week in August, crowds will be relatively consistent.

Go in the last 2 weeks before school starts back up. we went last year very short lines but it was hot,but its hot alllllll summer. A lot of schools across the country are already back. also value season for all resorts is in effect by 8/24.

I would NEVER go again in July unless it was my only chance (and probably if paid for!) It was unbearably hot! Now this was eight years ago, but July doesn't change much. Do they still have the Brazilian trips in July? That alone would seal it for me. When we went in July I was in top physical condition...I was an aerobics instructor! And both my newlywed husband and I nearly passed out. The Brazilians at the water parks were quite a sight, even the 12-year old girls were wearing thongs! And they were just so rude and loud and they were everywhere. That is just my honest experience.

If I had a choice it would be August. However since Texas schools start the 2nd week of August we don't get the chance to go. If you can go for it, do August.

We went the 3rd week of August last summer. I t was great. Of course it was hot and it rained for a little bit each afternoon. We made a point of going to the parks early (usually around opening, sometimes before when we had character breakfasts scheduled) - lines are very short before 10:00 am. We would leave about midday and hang out at the resort and let our youngest DD get her nap. Go back to the parks after dinner and usually stayed until closing.

I'd go as late in August as possible but like everyone said, it WILL be very hot. The hottest park seems to the Animal Kingdom - I don't think there is much air movement in there. So go early in the morning and return to the resort to swim or stay out of the heat until sundown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter