**June 2024 Check-in**

I see it mentions a dessert package for Pixar parade viewing. But I don’t see an option in the Disneyland website to reserve that? Am I missing it somewhere?
I looked and it says it’ll be available soon!

We ended up deciding to skip on the Pride Nite tickets today to save more money and time for other things. I’ve already made a note in my phone of all the Pixar Fest food I’m interested in. There’s a couple carts that didn’t get special churros so I’m excited to see what those will end up being and what the seasonal beignets will be. I always get so hyped for the food and then end up mostly getting my favorites. Oops. 😂

I looked and it says it’ll be available soon!

We ended up deciding to skip on the Pride Nite tickets today to save more money and time for other things. I’ve already made a note in my phone of all the Pixar Fest food I’m interested in. There’s a couple carts that didn’t get special churros so I’m excited to see what those will end up being and what the seasonal beignets will be. I always get so hyped for the food and then end up mostly getting my favorites. Oops. 😂
We skipped Pride Nite tickets too. It looks amazing but my husband could not hang at Oogie Boogie so if I want him to get a move on in the morning, he wouldn't make it through another after hours event and rope drop the next morning! I think we are going to do WOC dessert party instead.

I'm the worst at forgetting what I want to get, food-wise, even with my list! I just put all the items that interest me in my notes so hopefully I won't forget too many. I am morbidly curious about the Mr. Potato Head chip churro. I loved the peanut butter, jelly, and bacon one last year so I'm hoping this one is a good sweet/salty combo.

Per the April schedule, it looks like the new Pixar Parade will be at 4:00 and 6:30 every day. Not official yet for June, but likely to be the case. There hasn't been a daytime parade at DCA in a long time so it will be interesting to see.

Thanks for the link!

Geez...we'll need to steer clear of Stage Door Cafe and probably all of the tables in that area since my son has a severe peanut allergy.

• “There’s a Snake on my Funnel Cake!” Inspired by “Toy Story”: Funnel cake topped with chocolate-peanut butter pudding, cookie crumbles, peanut butter dust, and a candy snake (New)

Who thought peanut butter DUST would be a good idea? Ugh!

We’re into reservation territory! We really only dine at Lamplight so will be making a few of those over the next few days until we solidify what we’re doing when. This helps pass the time a little. We got about 2 weeks or so until we start getting park hours and then the wait for the show schedules begins. We’re very entertainment focused on our trips so we eagerly await planning out that aspect.

I've literally never made a dining reservation at Disneyland. And I've only ever made a handful at WDW. I wish our son would tolerate sit-down meals because quick service does get boring after a while.

I think we are going to try fewer reservations and more quick service this trip. Planning around reservation times is always a little stressful and there are so many quick service options to choose from. Lots of new snacks for Pixar Fest too!
We are doing the same this trip! I think we will do Goofy’s and maybe Cafe Orleans for a monte cristo.

As a newbie to the west coast parks, I am nervous about what table service to book and which park to enter first. I have gotten conflicting info on whether to enter an Early Entry park for RD when staying off-site. We have hoppers with G+.

I have very little decided:
Sunday, June 23
DCA has EE - We MUST start our first time in foever trip at DL
RD DL
Early lunch at Cafe Orleans for the famous Monte Cristo
Monday, June 24
?
DCA has EE
Tuesday, June 25
?
DL has EE

Things we are considering as far as ADRs: the lobster nachos at Lamplight, the chicken at Plaza Inn, and something at Carnation Cafe. I am realizing I should have booked a longer trip for food reasons alone. Oh well, too late now.

Advice anyone?

As a newbie to the west coast parks, I am nervous about what table service to book and which park to enter first. I have gotten conflicting info on whether to enter an Early Entry park for RD when staying off-site. We have hoppers with G+.

Sunday, June 23
RD DL
Monday, June 24
?
DCA has EE
Tuesday, June 25
?
DL has EE

Things we are considering as far as ADRs: the lobster nachos at Lamplight, the chicken at Plaza Inn, and something at Carnation Cafe. I am realizing I should have booked a longer trip for food reasons alone. Oh well, too late now.

Advice anyone?
When we stay offsite we generally start at the park that does not have early entry, otherwise we always felt we were behind the crowds.I’m not sure what the advantage would be to starting in the EE park if you have a choice.

No advice on the food choices - you’ve already got some of my favorites! Late breakfast is a suggestion for Carnation Cafe; it’s a nice break after the morning rush and we always ask for a table outside.

Sunday, June 23
RD DL
Monday, June 24
?
DCA has EE
Tuesday, June 25
?
DL has EE

Advice anyone?
Definitely start at the park without EE for the day if you are staying off-site. There are enough people with EE that it can make a difference!

Our first DL trip in 2022 we did Trader Sam's, Blue Bayou, Oga's, and Lamplight Lounge. This trip I'm going for Trader Sam's, Blue Bayou, breakfast with Minnie at Plaza Inn, and Lamplight Lounge brunch. The lobster nachos are amazing but I'm the only seafood fan in my family and I did the brunch with a girlfriend last summer and loved it! My first ADR is Friday.

I have a huge list of food to try for Pixar Fest and other new stuff (garlic cheese pretzel?!) and old favorites (Bengal Barbeque!!!) so I'm hoping my husband and step-daughter are willing to split and share everything with me!

I agree with the others...if you don't have access to EE, start at the opposite park.

No advice on ADRs since we don't do them. But you mentioned Plaza Inn chicken. For lunch and dinner, Plaza Inn is walk-up only (unless that's changed recently.)

Agreed about starting opposite EE. The one time I disagree is when I have 4 park days, I like to start 3 times at DL, one of which will be when DL has EE. At DL, EE is limited to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. If you want to start at Jungle Cruise or Big Thunder on those days the impact will be minimal.

Given your planning, you will get to DL and be in excellent shape. With 3 days I suspect you'll find you have plenty of time to experience everything you want and view Genie+ positively too.

Thank you for your help! Now that I am 100% sure which park to RD, I'll focus on ADR choices so I will be ready next week. We are getting excited. My daughter and I have talked about Disneyland for so long and now we are actually going.

First trip to California and Disneyland. We are flying from Philadelphia into LAX non-stop.

Does anyone have an idea what the weather is like towards the end of June? Living on the east coast, I'm used to hot and humid weather with shorts and tank tops in June. I hear it might be cooler there but are we talking pants/jeans cooler or wear shorts and just bring a jacket for the evening?

First trip to California and Disneyland. We are flying from Philadelphia into LAX non-stop.

Does anyone have an idea what the weather is like towards the end of June? Living on the east coast, I'm used to hot and humid weather with shorts and tank tops in June. I hear it might be cooler there but are we talking pants/jeans cooler or wear shorts and just bring a jacket for the evening?
It depends. The weather is variable like anywhere else. As the previous poster noted, it could be hot or it could be cooler. It will absolutely be warm during the day though. The hottest time of year in SoCal is actually late summer and fall.

It is common throughout June for there to be a marine layer or fog in the mornings, burning off late morning and the sun comes out. Temps maybe starting out in the 60s and rising to the 80s. It could also not be foggy and rise to the 90s.

Bring layers. You might need a light jacket in the morning and evening. I typically dress in shorts and a t-shirt with light jacket during summer. No jacket if the day does not start out foggy.

A couple of weather certainties for June. It is not humid at all compared to the east coast (some people on here claim it gets humid on rare occasions, but it is not at all humid compared to Philly and you won't notice it). It also will not rain in late June. You will tolerate the heat well coming from the east coast. It's also a huge relief to not worry about rain.

Best advice - check the temps as you get within a week. Also, plan to see fireworks on your first night to have multiple chances to see them. They get cancelled frequently due to winds at higher elevations. You don't want to wait until your last night only to find out they're cancelled. Cancellation due to wind is not an issue with Fantasmic or World of Color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter