June 2023 Car Rental

I had a Wild Card with Thrifty for $213 for 7 days plus two hours with AAA discount. Just checked and got a Thrifty Toyota Corolla (midsize?) for the same time, same discount, for $189. Yay. Pick up Sunday so I may not check again.
Am currently in the thrifty/dollar line in terminal b. So far over an hour. Hoping it's only another 20 minutes or so. There seemed to be a number of people with issues.

Am currently in the thrifty/dollar line in terminal b. So far over an hour. Hoping it's only another 20 minutes or so. There seemed to be a number of people with issues.
Ugh. Sorry to hear. Still no BlueChip direct to car option?

Ugh. Sorry to hear. Still no BlueChip direct to car option?
Unfortunately no direct option. They were quick except when they were dealing with international guests, so it's probably very hit or miss. We seemed to have a lot of international travelers in front of us

We got our rental from Thrifty today. Line took about 20 minutes to get through. They asked about insurance and tolls, which I declined. The only other upsell was if we w@need a bigger SUV for more Storage space. We went to the garage and they led us to the area where we could pick any car there. We let our granddaughter pick the color. Overall, a good experience. My only gripe was my prior rental was through Hertz and their stand was empty, plus it was closer to the Southwest baggage area. Payless was located on the opposite end of the terminal.

I had a Wild Card with Thrifty for $213 for 7 days plus two hours with AAA discount. Just checked and got a Thrifty Toyota Corolla (midsize?) for the same time, same discount, for $189. Yay. Pick up Sunday so I may not check again.
Who am I kidding. I checked again.

Just upgraded at Thrifty to a compact SUV (what I am used to driving) and saved another $11 at $178 for a week plus 2 hours.

Would have saved more if I'd stuck with the midsize at $172.

Thrifty arrival at 7 am on a Sunday: No line. VERY pushy employee who tried to get me to upgrade vehicles and buy prepaid gas and was very put out when I did not. When I declined PlatePass and asked where the visitor toll tag machine was, she said she didn’t know. When I turned around there was a HUGE sign with an arrow and the booth was right around the corner.

You pick your own car but the parking spaces are not labeled or numbered so they just point you to a general area of the parking garage.I don’t know cars that well so I found it a bit stressful knowing I was picking the right size as none were the make/model advertised.

Visitor toll tag works great and I have tracked my tolls on the app so I know it’s working. BUT YOU MUST ADD THE CAr’s Plate # in the app and there’s spotty cell service in the garage so be sure you do it before you hit any tolls.

I’m indifferent about Thrifty but recommend the toll tag.

Hertz is on property. When you cross the street take the escalator up to the second level and turn left.
All 10 on site companies can be found at https://www.orlandoairports.net/parking-transportation/rental-cars/

Which of these on-site companies still require you to check in at their main terminal desk rather than allow you to go directly to the garage. It seems to be a moving target.

From what I can tell from search of posts:

Those that allow you go directly to garage: Avis, Budget, Alamo, National
Those that don't : Thrifty
Don't know : Enterprise, Dollar

Please correct me if my impressions are off

Which of these on-site companies still require you to check in at their main terminal desk rather than allow you to go directly to the garage. It seems to be a moving target.

You're missing three, Hertz, Payless and Sixt. Hertz you go directly to the garage if you are a member of their loyalty program, Payless I have no idea as I never use them and don't hear about people using them. Sixt claims they offer it, but Sixt is more of a European company and usually higher than the others so I haven't used them. Enterprise allows you to go to the garage if you are a loyalty member. When I was there in January, the same employee was checking in National and Enterprise, looked up my name and sent me to the aisle I needed. Dollar I haven't used at MCO in the last 5 years and do not remember what the process was.

My DH is in line at Thrifty, we got a really good rate through Chase UR portal. Line is super long, longer than any other. Dollar/Thrifty share the same line FYI. Will try to post how long it actually takes when we're done.

ETA: Ended up taking over 1.5 hours. Tons of people checking un and line moved SLOW. Overall not impressed with Thrifty, will probably not use them again. When we made it to the garage, the sections weren't marked very well IMO.

Last edited:
We had no problem returning the car at Thrifty. The only difference in cost was around $5, which was because I associated a mileage partner on the reservation. Other than a 20 minute wait to get to the counter, everything went smoothly.

I booked a car through Costco with Budget. I’m a Fastbreak member, and my reservation is showing up on my Budget app. Can I go straight to the garage to pick up my car? Also, can I take my EZ pass transponder from home and use it in my rental car?

You can take your EZ Pass and use it in the rental. I thought I saw that Budget isn't allowing direct to the garage any longer at MCO.

You can take your EZ Pass and use it in the rental. I thought I saw that Budget isn't allowing direct to the garage any longer at MCO.

Thanks!! Are you thinking Thrifty? I believe Budget still allows straight to garage, but I wasn’t sure if I could still go straight to garage if I book through Costco.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter