June 2023 Car Rental

Akck

DIS Veteran
Since I see we have a May car rental thread, I thought I’d start one for June.

I started reserving cars back in November for our 10-day trip in June. Since we fly in very late on 5/31, we decided to overnight at the airport and pickup the rental on the first. I believe rentals started around $1,000 at that time. I’ve probably made over 10 reservations for this trip as rates have dropped. Also, the total number in our party is not certain, so I have a minivan, standard SUV and midsize SUV reservations for this trip. Hopefully, our party size will solidify in the next month or two, so I can drop 2 of them.

Currently, my reservations are $740 (minivan), $717 (std SUV), and $616 (mid SUV). All through Costco. I have checked Undercover Tourist, but their discounts don’t seem to be as good as they used to be. I’m hoping for further rate drops as we get closer to June. I’ll update as we get closer.

It is unfair that you make several car bookings ... for the same dates .....you realize by doing

this you are depriving others of making a genuine booking
This is what WDW trip planning has become. People over book ADRs and walk DVC reservations. Not saying I agree with it all but if you have ever booked multiple ADRs for the same day and time you are no better which ALOT of people do. The OP is not doing anything against the rules the rental car companies allow it. ALOT of people do it for rental cars not just at WDW. It’s the world we live in nowadays. Peace, Love, Mickey Mouse

I've been looking but haven't booked anything. Family of 5 so need something bigger. Still debating/pricing if we need one. We are doing a split stay and plan to get groceries so it would be handy if the prices come down.

Thanks for starting this thread! I was just coming to see if there was one for June.
I've been looking but haven't booked anything. Family of 5 so need something bigger. Still debating/pricing if we need one. We are doing a split stay and plan to get groceries so it would be handy if the prices come down.
We're in the same boat with not having booked yet - wasn't sure we were making a trip, but we're doing college visits, family visits, softball event, and hoping to fit in some theme parks. Been trying to bumper things together so we only have to rent for part of the time and ditch the car when we get back to Orlando. We're definitely looking at 1-3 split stays. We might center in Orlando and just drive to Tampa and the East coast.

The last time I did a 12-day rental was wayyyy cheaper than they are now. We usually book through Costco. I can get a decent 5-day rate from UT (and the 5-day is more than my last 12-day booking in 2019 for a compact car), but the hotels would make it more than the savings and we don't get tickets through them (at least not the ones listed to get the deal).

Also pondering just driving, lol. We did that last year, but with so many cities we need to bounce around this trip, flying would make it less exhausting haha.

I was able to get a minivan reservation through Alamo for $729. Other classes of rentals have gone up slightly, so keep checking. To the poster who thought that I am keeping others from getting the same rate, well I can book a second minivan for the same rate. No one is denied the same deal. Still hoping for more drops.

I was able to get a minivan reservation through Alamo for $729. Other classes of rentals have gone up slightly, so keep checking. To the poster who thought that I am keeping others from getting the same rate, well I can book a second minivan for the same rate. No one is denied the same deal. Still hoping for more drops.
Keep an eye on Avis if you link it through Amazon (if Prime member). If you pay now, a minivan is $592 for your 10 days with an amazon gift card in the amount of 10% back after the rental. If you pay at the counter, it is currently $697 with 10% amazon GC back on that amount.

Keep an eye on Avis if you link it through Amazon (if Prime member). If you pay now, a minivan is $592 for your 10 days with an amazon gift card in the amount of 10% back after the rental. If you pay at the counter, it is currently $697 with 10% amazon GC back on that amount.
How do you link through Amazon?

Go to Avis.com and hit the login button. It will give you a choice to login through either Avis or through your Amazon account on the login screen.

I just booked a midsized SUV through Priceline via Autoslash for $510. The rental is from Hertz, which I haven’t used yet. While I’m hoping to get something below $500, this price was close enough to book.

I just booked with Autoslash, and it was about $80 less than the cheapest rental I could find (and I tried all of them). Looks like they have a 48 hour cancellation policy, so I'll also continue to look around.

I was able to lower our midsize SUV to $490, about $20 less. Standard SUVs are priced at $532. Both via Autoslash/Priceline from Hertz. This is for a 10 day rental at the beginning of the month. While I’m okay with the $490 rate, I’d be even happier if it goes closer to $400.

I was able to lower our midsize SUV to $490, about $20 less. Standard SUVs are priced at $532. Both via Autoslash/Priceline from Hertz. This is for a 10 day rental at the beginning of the month. While I’m okay with the $490 rate, I’d be even happier if it goes closer to $400.
Excellent! Hope it drops even more for you.

Ours dropped a bit too. From 1000+ to 902, then 800. This morning it was around 750 for a mid-sized car for 14 days.
We still may drive our own. What flights look like also will factor in.

I utilized Autoslash’s price checker and received an email of a price drop for our mid-sized SUV, down to $487. Well, $3 savings is still a savings. Hoping for further rate drops.

Here's a few Alamo codes. None of them are big savings, but did trim some cost from my April rental. I also had some luck by not signing in initially and getting a slightly lower offer. Then it prompts you to sign in as you fill in your information and the price stays the same.
  • Contract ID 803292 - DISNEY FAMILY FUN MAGAZINE (I used this one)
  • Contract ID 7014295 AMEX MY VACATION 08 EMAILS
  • Contract ID 7015504 - Visa
  • Coupon Code: AU2291VYT Free One-Class Upgrade, Minimum upgrade from a compact car to a midsize car. Maximum upgrade to a full-size car. No Minimum or Maximum # of days.

Here's a few Alamo codes. None of them are big savings, but did trim some cost from my April rental. I also had some luck by not signing in initially and getting a slightly lower offer. Then it prompts you to sign in as you fill in your information and the price stays the same.
  • Contract ID 803292 - DISNEY FAMILY FUN MAGAZINE (I used this one)
  • Contract ID 7014295 AMEX MY VACATION 08 EMAILS
  • Contract ID 7015504 - Visa
  • Coupon Code: AU2291VYT Free One-Class Upgrade, Minimum upgrade from a compact car to a midsize car. Maximum upgrade to a full-size car. No Minimum or Maximum # of days.
Thanks I got a better rate with the first one than the costco pricing by a few dollars

My kids and I are going 5/28-6/6. I've been watching rates and canceling/rebooking when the price goes down. I was feeling really good about the SUV I had from Hertz through Autoslash at $350. Now SW has canceled my return flight. Arghh! None of the flight times I can switch to are close to the original time. Now I have to start over.

My kids and I are going 5/28-6/6. I've been watching rates and canceling/rebooking when the price goes down. I was feeling really good about the SUV I had from Hertz through Autoslash at $350. Now SW has canceled my return flight. Arghh! None of the flight times I can switch to are close to the original time. Now I have to start over.

I haven’t tried it, but have you tried to modify your reservation? I see that Hertz has that option on their website, so it might be a way to save your rate.

I haven’t tried it, but have you tried to modify your reservation? I see that Hertz has that option on their website, so it might be a way to save your rate.
It’s through Priceline so I can’t modify. I’m a great site “stalker” so I’m sure I will find another great rate eventually. :)

Autoslash’s price checker came through again and we’re now down to $472 on our rental through Hertz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter