June 2018 Car rental thread

Just switched to Alamo from Dollar even though cost is higher. I found a full size for $35 a day. I used contract 7016220 Orlando Magic Card & Coupon AU2291VYT 1 class upgrade.

I had the "Managers Special" booked with Dollar, but they don't allow you to pay the full amount up front and expect you to go to the terminal counter to pay the balance which is a deal-killer for me after being a regular Alamo customer for so many years where I can just head straight to any car I want and hit the road. I'm gonna keep scouring the deals up until trip time, but for now I can live with what I have.

Here are all the Alamo codes I've pulled from various threads
Contract ID's
7014627 Costco
7016220 Orlando Magicard
7014696 BJ's code
7015071 Wyndham rewards
7016350 Visa
7016136 AMEX
7016141 Southwest
LACDISC ( Latin American residents visiting the US)

Coupon Code
AU2291VYT 1 car upgrade
AD2365FDN AOPA coupon $30 off contract
AD2823JAZ $25 Coupon
AD8698SDF $25 BJ's Coupon
AD3868JST $25 Off Specialty

Product Code
AS1 (Residents of Canada)

Last edited:
My Costco rental dropped today. I had an Int Suv booked for 11 days at $371 and rebooked today at $337. Finally some serious downward movement. Hope it keeps falling..............

If you buy a single kids Ripley's ticket ($11.95) on Undercover Tourist, you can get a deal on a car rental. I booked with them for 9 days, 6/18-27 Economy out of St.Pete/Clearwater airport. $305 Avis plus the $12 ticket.

Last edited:
I can book a midsize SUV through Hotwire for $279 for 8 nights. Best deal I've seen. It's non-refundable. Should I book or wait for a possible better deal closer to the trip (mid-June)?

I paid $250 for 10 nights last August for a full size.

I am here to see what you all have to say about car rental deals in Florida. I'm going to Miami (flying in/out of FLL) in June. I noticed that car rental rates are really high, and that the cars they are saying are in a "class" are much worse than they used to be. For instance, I like to book a "full size" car. Full size cars now are being described as Toyota Camry or similar. That is not a full size car! I have two ressies from Costcotravel.com, one for a premium car and one for an intermediate SUV. I have re-booked and canceled over a few dollars price drop in the last month. I looked at Carrentalsavers.com which I found on these boards, and their prices are double the Costco Travel ones. I wish I was going to see the Mouse, but we are going to have a non-Disney vacation. So I'll just see what y'all have to say, thanks!

I am here to see what you all have to say about car rental deals in Florida. I'm going to Miami (flying in/out of FLL) in June. I noticed that car rental rates are really high, and that the cars they are saying are in a "class" are much worse than they used to be. For instance, I like to book a "full size" car. Full size cars now are being described as Toyota Camry or similar. That is not a full size car! I have two ressies from Costcotravel.com, one for a premium car and one for an intermediate SUV. I have re-booked and canceled over a few dollars price drop in the last month. I looked at Carrentalsavers.com which I found on these boards, and their prices are double the Costco Travel ones. I wish I was going to see the Mouse, but we are going to have a non-Disney vacation. So I'll just see what y'all have to say, thanks!
I definitely feel like prices are high than what I'm used to paying. I work in an office setting, so it isn't a hassle to check prices once or twice a day. Perhaps I've been lucky in finding random errors or price drops, but this time around we are still paying about $100 more for a week than what we have historically.

With that being said, I just rebooked for a $5 price drop. I know have a standard for $224 and a SUV for $241.

Yah Bbbethei, in the past I have seen an inverted bell curve on prices, and hopefully we are getting close to the lowest prices. We gotta do what we gotta do to save some bucks! Maybe then I can see the Mouse some day soon!

I’ve only been looking for a June rental for about a month but rates seem high. Cheapest I have is $185 for a compact through Alamo for three days, 16-19th. I’m paying $265 for 10 days in a suv in May.

Another drop for me. We're currently looking at $199 for a week in a small SUV. Maybe there's hope for more good deals to come!

oh my gosh... something must be up with Costco and Alamo for my dates. getting crazy rates over $1000! anyway... still looking for a good rate for June 14-24. If anyone sees anything for those dates, please post!

oh my gosh... something must be up with Costco and Alamo for my dates. getting crazy rates over $1000! anyway... still looking for a good rate for June 14-24. If anyone sees anything for those dates, please post!

We have a minivan for 6/14-6/23 Pick up is at MCO drop off at FLL our rate is $325. The first booking was over $750 and I got $325 about 3 weeks ago.

What size are you looking for?

Just switched to Alamo from Dollar even though cost is higher. I found a full size for $35 a day. I used contract 7016220 Orlando Magic Card & Coupon AU2291VYT 1 class upgrade.

I had the "Managers Special" booked with Dollar, but they don't allow you to pay the full amount up front and expect you to go to the terminal counter to pay the balance which is a deal-killer for me after being a regular Alamo customer for so many years where I can just head straight to any car I want and hit the road. I'm gonna keep scouring the deals up until trip time, but for now I can live with what I have.

Here are all the Alamo codes I've pulled from various threads
Contract ID's
7014627 Costco
7016220 Orlando Magicard
7014696 BJ's code
7015071 Wyndham rewards
7016350 Visa
7016136 AMEX
7016141 Southwest
LACDISC ( Latin American residents visiting the US)

Coupon Code
AU2291VYT 1 car upgrade
AD2365FDN AOPA coupon $30 off contract
AD2823JAZ $25 Coupon
AD8698SDF $25 BJ's Coupon
AD3868JST $25 Off Specialty

Product Code
AS1 (Residents of Canada)

Anyone know if you need to pay with the Amex or can you just have the card. I have one but recently closed it ><
Will Alamo ask for proof to use AOPA? We usually do the pre-check, where you skip the counter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter