June 2017 Discounts

Thanks for the heads' up, I was able to get 25% off most our Sports reservation in June...unfortunately Fri and Sat were full price. We are going regardless so it was nice to save a bit!

I too was able to get a discount on both portions of our split stay at the end of June..............not the AP discount..........looks like a regular discount. We saved about $275 off our total cost. Had to go from Courtyard to Courtyard-Bunk Bed at WL...Disney considers this an upgrade in room.........o_O......but it was the only room discount at WL....so my room discount wasn't 25%........and I wasn't passing up the reduction in price. Spoke to a CM also and when the AP discount comes out..........I'll look to get the best offer then :)

So the stakeout was successful this morning....................but the stakeout will......................continue :)

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:
Not sure what I am doing wrong this morning. I cannot find the discounts. I went on the Disney site and I still only see the one through June 10. I went on Orbitz and the discounts for Disney are not showing up there either and they normally would.

Thank you!! I don't know why this is not just coming up when I go on the website, not using the above link. But, there it is with the link. Only 15% for POR though, which is what I got through Orbitz originally. Usually Orbitz will show the Disney discount and then you can add their code as well, but that is not showing up. Maybe they haven't caught up yet? I hope it still works that way. Otherwise, I think I will just book with Disney directly since their 15% is coming up less than Orbitz but probably because I would be switching from a Royal room, river view to garden view, as that is what is left. It's fine since I really was just looking for a standard room in the first place.
We are going to do a split stay at AK the first few nights, so going to jump on that discount. 25%!!!

Adding a question....If I book 3 nights at AK, and then decide I only want 2, would I be able to just drop a night and keep the discount, or will it come to "availability", meaning they will have me cancel my first reservation and rebook (and maybe the discount is gone?) Hope that made sense. We may add Universal for the first night, but only if I can get a good deal on tickets and I am counting on Daily Getaways, which is during the month of April, so waiting, not so patiently. :-)

Don't mean to question you here but this isn't necessarily true. Disney's standard "The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited" disclaimer always applies to any promotion or discount offer. Just because you have a reservation booked through Disney does not automatically mean that a discount will be available to be applied to that reservation.

It's possible and sometimes likely (depending on time of year, inventory of whatever room category is in question, popularity of the room/view category, etc), but definitely not guaranteed.

If you have a resort-only reservation, you can change the reservation online or call, if a discount is available to be applied.

@buzz1fan - I'd be a little worried that if there's no rack-rate availability now, then the availability of a discount could be limited, but you just never know until they come out.

Yep - no guarantee. We had a reservation at the Poly - called this morning but no availability for the discount :(. Said to call back closer to dates so IF more rooms open up they could apply it then. This will be the FIRST time we've ever paid rack rate.....ugggghhhhhh!!!

Yep - no guarantee. We had a reservation at the Poly - called this morning but no availability for the discount :(. Said to call back closer to dates so IF more rooms open up they could apply it then. This will be the FIRST time we've ever paid rack rate.....ugggghhhhhh!!!

We had a similar issue at WL................the only discount that showed was for the Courtyard - Bunk Beds. We had a Courtyard view. However the discount was about $45/night by doing the change (which Disney views as an upgrade in room). I saved money.......that was my bottom line. All other rooms were not a part of the discount...........just 1 room type was.

Doug :goofy:

Now I'm waiting for the discounts to appear on Orbitz....
Editing this post to say some of the discounts are on Orbitz now. I was able to book AKL using the Disney discount and an extra 15% with Orbitz code. However, for our POR portion of the trip the discount shows up on Disney's website, but not on Orbitz. Due to that, I could actually book AKL for the entire trip for less than POR. However, POR is our "home" resort, so we want to spend some time there for sure.

Last edited:
Hi Mary, I went into my reservation in my disney experience and clicked on "change reservation". The new summer rate showed up and I was able to select it!
wow this did work. Wonder if wed keep our $75 gift card plus the summer discount on CBR

I only saw it at the WL and maybe CR. I was hoping for AKL or GF but no general discount.

Last edited:
So grateful for the heads up here! I waited for just over an hour on hold, but I didn't mind cuz it only took 5mins to get over $125 off my 2 nights at Pop, I'll take it :thumbsup2

Has anyone gotten the summer discount on a CL room anywhere?

Hi Stephanie - my YC discount was for a CL room - and it was an additional 25% off. Not sure when you are going - we are going the last week in June though. hope this helps!

I went in and applied the discount this morning. It's only shaving $230 off the reservation, but it's better than nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter