JUNE 2016 Car Rental Watch

Through Costco my rental has dropped another $5 from earlier this week and over $10 from my original booking a few months ago. I am booked for a short weekend June 17-June 20 for $85. A few weeks ago that same rental was almost $200! So keep trying!

I just added this code as well as AS1 product code for an additional $25 off rental of $175 or more. I almost didn't get a car this trip but I really love having one and now I'm pretty happy with the rate of $220 for a full size car for 10 days. Coupon Code AD2833JMF
Thank you. I just applied that coupon code and got an additional $25 off. :)

Just got a good deal at Payless for next week. Is it worth it to take the shuttle to/from the airport or get one of the on-site car rental companies?

costco travel rates dropped again.. now $30 a day all in.. booked at $25 a day all in back in january. high was $55 about 3 weeks ago. 6-22 to 7-3. standard car with alamo. of course with the as1 code and the $25 coupon and costco contract id.. now sitting at $21 a däy :)

I'm trying to check in for our trip next week. I got a good rate from Alamo using a coupon code. The website won't let me check in online. I have the confirmation code. Unfortunately, I didn't print my email. It's still on my phone, but when I click on it, it says this message has no content. I'm at a loss. Should I make a backup reservation? Or should I chance it and go to the counter? Anyone with similar experience?

costco rates down again today (6-23 to 7-3) - now down below our original january reservation $23 a day for a standard car. AS1 rates with $25 entertainment coupon Down to $20 a day :)

for those that dont want to risk not having an entertainment book, they have an online version that is .99 for the first month / 1.99 after. You can cancel before the second month. So I spent .99 and have already gotten $12 in savings with local stuff here plus no worries if I want to use the alamo reservation.

For those who still have the $50 coupon, we used it last week. I did the online checkin before we arrived, and went straight to our car. I checked the receipt from the attendant at the gate, and the rates matched. And the receipt when we dropped the car off also matched. No issues using it at all.

I have Alamo booked with the code and I have skip the counter skip the kiosk go directly to your car.
What will happen when I try to leave will they honor the reservation?

I have Alamo booked with the code and I have skip the counter skip the kiosk go directly to your car.
What will happen when I try to leave will they honor the reservation?
Print and bring your confirmation with the expenses spelled out on it. Double check the paperwork given to you at the checkout gate. If there is a difference, show the agent your paperwork and they can adjust the total accordingly.

Hey there! I just booked a VERY last minute trip since my DD will be at swim training camp in Omaha to see the Olympic Trials and our APs are burning a hole in my pocket.

I booked my flights to Tampa (we will be visiting family there) and my car was booked through Hotwire. I got an AMAZING rate of $111.88 including ALL taxes and fees for 6/26-7/3 though HOTWIRE by booking their "Special Car" deal. I'm paying $55.95 for the week plus TPA's horrible fees for Compact or bigger. They'll give me whatever they have a lot of when I get there so it'll be a surprise!

ETA: The car is through Thrifty which I am A-OK with.

We are headed to TPA on Friday and I rebooked on Monday. I got a Mid-Suv for $227 for 9 days through Alamo. Sometimes last minute can work out. :)

Thanks to everyone here I've managed to get a great deal at Alamo. Cheers! Just wondering which car is better... I have the "Fullsize" $221 Total US and a "Mid-Size SUV" $293 Total US reserved for the the end of June and beginning of July. I was just wondering if anyone has picked up a Fullsize from Alamo before and what type of car it was? We always rent the Mid-Size SUV but I wouldn't mind saving the money due to the exchange rate.

Thanks for all the help! Two week countdown is on for our 7th visit to Disney!

Thanks to everyone here I've managed to get a great deal at Alamo. Cheers! Just wondering which car is better... I have the "Fullsize" $221 Total US and a "Mid-Size SUV" $293 Total US reserved for the the end of June and beginning of July. I was just wondering if anyone has picked up a Fullsize from Alamo before and what type of car it was? We always rent the Mid-Size SUV but I wouldn't mind saving the money due to the exchange rate.

I just picked up an Impala from the full sized isle at MCO on May 23. Although these are usually Premium category, from what I've read it's common for there to be some in this isle. I could have brought an elephant with me and fit it in that trunk.

As far as the vehicle itself: it was about 5k miles, leather interior, no back up cam. Rode beautifully, to the point I'm considering one as my next new car to own.

How many people are traveling?

I just rented from Alamo 6/3 to 6/13. I usually get a Chrystler 200 but I got an Altima this time. There were a least 10 king cab pick up trucks in the full size spot which I considered but thought a car with a trunk would be a better option.

I just picked up an Impala from the full sized isle at MCO on May 23. Although these are usually Premium category, from what I've read it's common for there to be some in this isle. I could have brought an elephant with me and fit it in that trunk.

As far as the vehicle itself: it was about 5k miles, leather interior, no back up cam. Rode beautifully, to the point I'm considering one as my next new car to own.

Thanks for the info. :)

I just rented from Alamo 6/3 to 6/13. I usually get a Chrystler 200 but I got an Altima this time. There were a least 10 king cab pick up trucks in the full size spot which I considered but thought a car with a trunk would be a better option.
Thanks! The king cab would be tempting but we would need the trunk.

I just checked my minivan reservation for $199 on Alamo from 6/18-6/25 and it says "could not validate coupon, continued without coupon" but the reservation does not come up. I used the Vegas Brazil code. Anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter