JUNE 2016 Car Rental Watch

Honestly, I don't know why people are worrying about the $50 coupon. I've been monitoring the April and May threads and have seen exactly three scenarios play out:

1. It goes through without a hitch, not even a discussion.
2. They have to stop and talk with the agent/manager for a few minutes and the discount is applied with very little resistance.
3. They email Alamo later regarding it and get a refund.

Until I see a couple posters talk about being outright rejected and/or arrested at the rental counter, I'm staying the course. :D

I am a May renter, so this doesn't help me but thought I would post here. Just got an email from Dollar for a 24 hour only sale with the information listed below. Have no idea if it will be any cheaper but worth checking out I guess.

Save big on weekly and weekend rentals
today through 9 a.m. EST, May 18, 2016.

We make saving on vacation a walk in the park (or beach). Enjoy 25% off rentals from June 1 to December 31, 2016, on Economy through Full-size cars and Mid-size SUVs. Just book with code 101107 — it’s that easy.

I've been watching Dollar for a November trip and with this new code the price increased by 48.00. Taxes and fees more than double the price of the car!

That figures. A sale is rarely a "true" sale anymore!
I've been watching Dollar for a November trip and with this new code the price increased by 48.00. Taxes and fees more than double the price of the car!

I am a May renter, so this doesn't help me but thought I would post here. Just got an email from Dollar for a 24 hour only sale with the information listed below. Have no idea if it will be any cheaper but worth checking out I guess.

Save big on weekly and weekend rentals
today through 9 a.m. EST, May 18, 2016.

We make saving on vacation a walk in the park (or beach). Enjoy 25% off rentals from June 1 to December 31, 2016, on Economy through Full-size cars and Mid-size SUVs. Just book with code 101107 — it’s that easy.
I would never ever rent with Dollar even if it was free especially at Orlando!...dirty cars, terrible rude staff straight from the ghetto, last time they had no car for us we sat in Orlando for 5 hours with young kids late at night waiting on one being ready then they tried to upcharge us for the pleasure! I found smelly socks under the seat and it stunk of cigarettes and it was supposed to be non smoking...they are hoods as far as Im concerned.

I would never ever rent with Dollar even if it was free especially at Orlando!...dirty cars, terrible rude staff straight from the ghetto, last time they had no car for us we sat in Orlando for 5 hours with young kids late at night waiting on one being ready then they tried to upcharge us for the pleasure! I found smelly socks under the seat and it stunk of cigarettes and it was supposed to be non smoking...they are hoods as far as Im concerned.
Wow. Good to know.

Agreed!! We rented from them frequently, but the last time (November 2014) was a horrible experience. The car was dirty, dinged up, and the counter staff refused to rent us the car without their insurance because we couldn't produce a copy of our insurance policy showing we were covered (we were, plus with our credit card). It was after midnight, our flight was delayed, and our son was dying to lay down to sleep. My husband paid it. Our rental went from $360 (CDN) for 13 days, to over $800 (CDN)! Never, ever again!

Agreed!! We rented from them frequently, but the last time (November 2014) was a horrible experience. The car was dirty, dinged up, and the counter staff refused to rent us the car without their insurance because we couldn't produce a copy of our insurance policy showing we were covered (we were, plus with our credit card). It was after midnight, our flight was delayed, and our son was dying to lay down to sleep. My husband paid it. Our rental went from $360 (CDN) for 13 days, to over $800 (CDN)! Never, ever again!
When I went to complain the lady behind the counter told me to "shut my dam mouth"!!! My husband was ready to walk away right then but the guy appeared with a set of keys so we just took them as the kids were tired..they tried to pull that more insurance thing with us too but lucky we had our insurance with us...when we went to pay the bill it charged us for a GPS that we never got...we never did get a refund for it despite complaining, nasty people..Im so sorry you had that experience too.

Honestly, I don't know why people are worrying about the $50 coupon. I've been monitoring the April and May threads and have seen exactly three scenarios play out:

1. It goes through without a hitch, not even a discussion.
2. They have to stop and talk with the agent/manager for a few minutes and the discount is applied with very little resistance.
3. They email Alamo later regarding it and get a refund.

Until I see a couple posters talk about being outright rejected and/or arrested at the rental counter, I'm staying the course. :D

I just tried the $50 code at SFB again this week, and again it caused me to be rejected at the kiosk and I had to go to the Alamo counter. The line wasn't all that long, but it sometimes is - which would be a reason to worry about the coupon. Another reason to worry is, if you've used a discount code for a category you don't technically qualify for, it's possible that you will lose that discount if you are asked to prove eligibility at the counter. Then you'd have lost the $50 as well as the original discount. I used the AP discount (and I wasn't asked for ID anyway) this week. But I've often used VROOM VROOM and would have been up the creek if I'd been asked for employee ID for that discount. Fortunately, I was always able to use the kiosks with that code and never went to the counter. The Alamo counter at SFB said the $50 coupon was not valid there and they didn't honor it.

To avoid worry, if you use the $50 code, restrict yourself to contract IDs and discounts that you qualify for. Then the worse that can happen is that you'll lose the $50 - but you won't lose other rate discounts.

I just checked my Early June rental and saved about 20.00 bucks BUT I upgraded to Midsize Suv which means i'll probably get a mini van. I am cool with SUV, what I really want and drive at home but I'm not stupid, if mini van is staring at me I'm jumping in, I got Mice to see.

Agree, Dollar is horrible!! I've used them twice in a pinch because they were cheap, but the cars were grossssss, one had no washer fluid, it was just a horrible experience both times.

Can you help me with the 50 code? What is it? I used the Vegas code in March without a hitch...need a june rental now and just not sure the best codes to use...thanks!

Can you help me with the 50 code? What is it? I used the Vegas code in March without a hitch...need a june rental now and just not sure the best codes to use...thanks!

The $50 code doesn't work any longer.

I finally saw a decent drop today in price using the Costco Contract ID 7014627 and the Product Code AS1. My reservation is from June 24th to July 12th.

I finally saw a decent drop today in price using the Costco Contract ID 7014627 and the Product Code AS1. My reservation is from June 24th to July 12th.

I was coming in to post the same thing. I booked Alamo directly through Costco and our full size rental went from $195 to $130 (6/10/16-6/14/16). The mid-size SUV was approx $165.

same here.. down from $60 a day to $43 a day (6-22 to 7-3) still nowhere near the $25 a day when I booked in January.

Question about the Costco codes, do you have to present a Costco member card at Alamo? We don't have one anywhere around us. It would take $50 off my reservation that I already paid in full.

as1 is what gets it so low.. 6-22 to 7-3 with AS1 only, Standard car is $267.28. If I add the costco 7014627 its the same price. Costco by itself, no AS1 is $476.65 .. down from last week, but still high. AS1 code has kept it low for the past month. Costcotravel.com is showing the 476.65 rate.

as1 is what gets it so low.. 6-22 to 7-3 with AS1 only, Standard car is $267.28. If I add the costco 7014627 its the same price. Costco by itself, no AS1 is $476.65 .. down from last week, but still high. AS1 code has kept it low for the past month. Costcotravel.com is showing the 476.65 rate.
Thanks so much! My rate for pickup this Friday dropped $69 with this product code without Costco ID.

Thanks so much! My rate for pickup this Friday dropped $69 with this product code without Costco ID.
I just added this code as well as AS1 product code for an additional $25 off rental of $175 or more. I almost didn't get a car this trip but I really love having one and now I'm pretty happy with the rate of $220 for a full size car for 10 days. Coupon Code AD2833JMF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter