JUNE 1ST- NO CHANCE

Yesterday's Coved 19 White House Press Conference makes it obvious that there is no chance whatsoever that WDW or indeed any Theme Park will be open on Its June. How can it be otherwise. This virus is going to kill -minimum 100,000 US citizens. NY and NJ are ahead of other States and Florida is two weeks behind. Does anyone really think that Florida will be able to cease use of safe social distancing by - say August 1 ? No chance.

How will you line up ? The rides are not built for social spacing. Restaurants - no chance.

June 1-indeed July 1 is an absolute fantasy.

I hope they do whatever is best for the health and safety of cast members and visitors. I live 20 mins away from WDW and i know our lockdown has been extended till 5/02. I'm just hoping we regain fast. I was supposed to have my first day as a castmember a few days after they closed so I'm just waiting for updates like everyone else.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see what attendance numbers are if schools do open this year. My sonā€™s school is a private K-12th grade and is scheduled through May 1st to be online. They sent a survey to all the parents and asked if the local health professionals clear the school to open for the last 2 weeks of the year will you send your child. Only 10% said yes. So they made the decision to finish out online. I dont know if weā€™re a good indicator for other schools.
When Alabama first announced on Friday (3/13) that it was closing schools March 18(Wednesday) for 2&1/2 weeks, Mobile county reported 56% attendance on Monday (3/16) and less on the 17th, other counties reported similar numbers and most just decided to go ahead and close a day early on the 17th. Most parents I talked to said ā€œnoā€ they wouldnā€™t have sent them back. I think this sentiment forced schools to make the decision to close for the rest of the year and go online. Child care has never been an issue for me, my wife and I are both able to either take them to work with us or like now we just swap out staying home with the kids.

I don't know but I'm sick of thinking about it.

I no longer pay attention to the minute by minute count of how many test positive, how many die. I don't watch the news much anymore except our local news. I'm not nervous or anxious anymore, just don't feel need to be obsessed with it anymore. It will end when it ends.

I work and am thankful to still be working, go for walks, talk to friends/family, we cook dinner, watch movies and are waiting it out.

To say I have "covid fatigue" would be an understatement.
I work in local news and I have covid fatigue too. Really about the only thing new each day are those numbers of positive tests. Hand washing and staying at home help slow the spread. Face masks don't hurt.......but may not help. Forget politicians, even the health experts don't have much more than 4 months experience with covid 19, so THEY don't know. So when a Disney park reopens isn't even on my agenda. I just know I am working from home until at least May 1,

I doubt Disney would have made their June Its announcement after yesterday's game changing White House press conference. No chance of June 1st now.

Disney never announced june 1st. People are assuming june 1 because that is the first date you can make reservations for. I look at it more as "earliest we think we might open". but there has been no disney announcement for june 1.

I don't know but I'm sick of thinking about it.

I no longer pay attention to the minute by minute count of how many test positive, how many die. I don't watch the news much anymore except our local news. I'm not nervous or anxious anymore, just don't feel need to be obsessed with it anymore. It will end when it ends.

I work and am thankful to still be working, go for walks, talk to friends/family, we cook dinner, watch movies and are waiting it out.

To say I have "covid fatigue" would be an understatement.
I agree and I wish people would stop sending me their newest method of protection against the virus.

Iā€™d certainly let my kid go back to finish the year and say goodbye if s/he wanted to do it.
Oh no, NO. Kids are walking, talking germ factories. I canā€™t tell you how many times Iā€™ve emphasized not to be hugging on your friends and to diligently wash your hands in the weeks leading up to ā€œlock down.ā€ Know what happened? My DD came home with some kind of awful crud. She would immediately dive in with hugs and hanging on friends upon a reunion. Itā€™s not that she would purposely ignore guidelines, itā€™s just that sheā€™s a teenage girl. Our date to go back so far is April 30th but I donā€™t see that happening. There would only be 20 days of school left at that point. I wonā€™t be sending them back. I have promised a goodbye get together at a later date once things have cooled down.
I agree and I wish people would stop sending me their newest method of protection against the virus.
Ugh, this.

Our superintendent just email us and said itā€™s understood in Ohio schools will start First Monday in May. That way they can tie up the end of school year.
Interesting. We are also in Ohio and our superintendent announced the 4th quarter would be pass/fail with a heavy emphasis on the possibility of extending the closure.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see what attendance numbers are if schools do open this year. My sonā€™s school is a private K-12th grade and is scheduled through May 1st to be online. They sent a survey to all the parents and asked if the local health professionals clear the school to open for the last 2 weeks of the year will you send your child. Only 10% said yes. So they made the decision to finish out online. I dont know if weā€™re a good indicator for other schools.
My niece received a message from her middle school earlier this week she had until the end of this week to clean out her locker at school. That tells me they aren't going back this school year. They live in IL.

Here in PA schools are closed ā€œindefinitely.ā€ To me that means they are not going back this school year. Kids didnā€™t get a chance to clean out their lockers. The district had all parents pick up their kidsā€™ medications. They are now doing online learning (grades given are 0, 1 or 2). The fourth marking period only counts for 10% of their year end grade.

I think thereā€™s even a chance of a late start to next school year.

My niece received a message from her middle school earlier this week she had until the end of this week to clean out her locker at school. That tells me they aren't going back this school year. They live in IL.

Do you mind sharing what town? I'm at my school in IL right now cleaning up and it is so creepy how everything is frozen in time from Friday, March 13th. It would be weird to return to this in August.

The entire state of Georgia
has closed schools for this school year. Building will remain closed. ā€œOnline learning continues.ā€

I'm in NJ and school closure went from 4/20/20 to TBD.

I believe school is over this year. We are set to go back 9/14 for next school year. Here's to hoping that comes true!

Last edited:
Floridas looking really rough today. Especially Central Florida. I revise my initial statement. I no longer think they can make a June reopen.

The entire state of Georgia
has closed schools for this school year. Building will remain closed. ā€œOnline learning continues.ā€

Chiming in from MI--our schools are done for the year as well and may have an early opening for next term. Distance learning will continue and it is up to each school district to come up with a plan for that. All seniors (provided they were eligible prior to shutdown) will graduate and no student will be held back this year. :scared:

South Texas here...governor closed schools and cannot open earlier than May 4.
-I think it will get worse and we shouldnā€™t go back
-but I also know our superintendent is money hungry and only sees all the kids as walking atm machines
- one campus we get the vibe that on May 4 the sun will shine, the birds sing, we will skip to school and covid19 will just be a distant memory
-another campus is that itā€™s over for the year

Here in PA schools are closed ā€œindefinitely.ā€ To me that means they are not going back this school year. Kids didnā€™t get a chance to clean out their lockers. The district had all parents pick up their kidsā€™ medications. They are now doing online learning (grades given are 0, 1 or 2). The fourth marking period only counts for 10% of their year end grade.

I think thereā€™s even a chance of a late start to next school year.
My corner of PA says until May 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter