June 1, 2015 Wonder to Alaska

vljohnston

Earning My Ears
Just moved our place holder cruise to this one! :cool1:

It will be my & DS's fourth cruise, third for DH.

I have lived in south central Alaska for over 30 years and will finally get to see Southeast Alaska! There are no roads to Juneau or Ketchikan so air or sea is the only access. Skagway is accessible by road from Canada but have never made that trip.

Welcome to WONDERful Alaska everyone!

I can't think a better way to visit than via a Disney Cruise!

(Now if we could just get Disney to do a 14 day Alaska that came up to Kodiak and Seward or Whitter...)

Valerie

We are joining you!!!! :cool1::cool1:

This will be our 2nd cruise!! Our First was a 4 night dream! Quite a change, but our anniversary is on June 2nd, so I couldn't pass up the price or the opportunity, we also moved a place holder cruise to this one!

I am not on FB until Good Friday, but if you would like I can make a group there!!

I am a bit nervous to sail this older ship.. We loved the dream and I really think we are going to miss some of it!!:offtopic:

My husband and I will also be joining you! We've never been to Alaska, though it's always been on our bucket list! Depending on what we decide to do over the winter, this will either be our fourth or fifth Disney Cruise, all of which have been caribbean or Bahamas

Is it bad that I already started planning??? :)

I am a bit nervous to sail this older ship.. We loved the dream and I really think we are going to miss some of it!!:offtopic:

We've only sailed the Dream and Wonder, but we actually had a way better time on the Wonder! There is just a charm about the older ship, and it certainly doesn't feel old when you're on it! Don't get me wrong--we've done concierge twice on the Dream, so it's been magical, but we'd still pick the Wonder!

Hi :wave2: Myself, my DH, and DS (currently 11) will be joining you. This will be my 5th cruise, 3rd for my boys, and will complete my grand slam.
DH only agree'd to another Disney cruise if it was to Alaska, so here we are! I'd prefer to be on a beach somewhere :beach: but if the only way we were cruisin' with the mouse was in Alaska, then Alaska it is.

smalltowngirl504, my DH is also concerned about trying an older ship. He's been on the Dream (CC Double Dip was his 1st cruise!) & the Fantasy and isn't sure he'll like the older smaller ship, but for Alaska he'll deal. I'm sure it'll be great.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise!

We are going too . Our 7th Disney cruise but the 1st Alaskan. Have been watching the
DIS unplugged Alaska cruise videos and they have me way to hyped for a cruise that far off :)

Hi all...booked this one yesterday, it will be me, dh, ds 15 dd 12 and my mom for her first cruise...we sailed our first Disney cruise last April on the Magic and will soon be taking out second Magic cruise in May on the EBTA...super excited although the only think I have been thinking of for the last two days is Alaska, super excited!!!

This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise - and semi-annual girls trip tradition. I will be traveling with my sister and her daughter - my 10 year old niece.

Hi Everyone! I'm very excited to be joining you on this cruise!
Only my 4th DCL cruise - once on the Dream (when she still had that new ship smell) to the Bahamas in 2011, one repositioning cruise on the Wonder from Vancouver in 2012, ANOTHER repositioning cruise on the Wonder coming up in September of this year. Can't wait for Alaska! :thumbsup2

Barb

We've booked as well! Our first trip to Alaska, but our 5th cruise. The Wonder was the first ship we cruised on so we are looking forward to seeing her again. Right now it's just me and hubby, but trying to talk our son, his girlfriend and her mother to join us. Can't wait. Someone asked if it was too early to start planning - NOPE! I already have a countdown timer. Only 61 weeks and 1 month to go. I'm going to start searching out some trip reports to start gathering tips and recommendations for excursions.

Jane

Evening all:

Joining you on this cruise. I just re-booked on Friday, had a dummy date for this one looking forward to going. Never been to Alaska...very excited.
This will be my first time on the Wonder, did the Magic 3 times and the Fantasy once. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about an Alaskan cruise so this should be fabulous. Just me and DH going...:thumbsup2

:wave2:

Happy Monday :)

So has anyone been looking into excursions yet?

I know we have a "little time" left to do this, but I started looking and since my husband has back issues, I have to stick with the mild ones....so the train excursions look really good.

Will keep looking and see what else I can find....:bitelip:

Then comes all thoes packing issues....I have a hard enough time with packing for the caribbean...so this will be very interesting.....

We will be joining you all on this cruise as well!! It will be our 5th cruise and our 2nd time on the Wonder. We just got off her March 2nd after doing a 4 night cruise out of Miami.

All other cruises have been on the Magic, an Eastern Caribbean, New England Coast cruise to Canada out of NYC and a 7 night Med cruise from Barcelona last year. Really looking forward to this Alaskan cruise!!!

Cruising will be me, Dave and dw, Sue.

Hi everyone! We (DH) myself, and our 2 sons who will be 26 and 20, plan to be on this cruise.
We last sailed The Wonder to Hawaii in Oct 2012 and have been on all of the other ships.
This will be the 8th cruise for hubby and I - We are booked on the Sept 6th Westbound Trans Atlantic on The Magic this Sept with our oldest son.

We are hoping to add a week in Seattle after this cruise - BUT it all might change once DCL announces the rest of it's Itineraries - because if they offer Hawaii again in Sept 2015 - Hubby says we are switching! LOL! :rotfl:
Looking forward to getting to know everyone. We are from New Jersey!

Hi all! Just deposited yesterday on this cruise! SO excited to see Alaska! Myself and DGma, DD 12, DD 8 (at sail time). We're still counting down to our 3rd cruise 54 days from now on the Fantasy Western Caribbean but the girls are excited about Alaska! This will be our 3rd Disney ship! :cheer2:

Hi all! Just deposited yesterday on this cruise! SO excited to see Alaska! Myself and DGma, DD 12, DD 8 (at sail time). We're still counting down to our 3rd cruise 54 days from now on the Fantasy Western Caribbean but the girls are excited about Alaska! This will be our 3rd Disney ship! :cheer2:

Imagine meeting you here! Trying to not think about this cruise till after our Fantasy cruise in 54 days;) Even though I've been dreaming of this cruise for years!!!

So nice to see so many people!!!

I have looked into excursions... I will have 11,5,6 year old boys with me.. So I have to keep it kind of tame...

We are doing whale watching and may rent a car to drive out to Emerald lake. that is really all we have planned, we are going to fly into Seattle a few days before hand and do some sight seeing and then we plan to take the train or drive over to Vancouver from there... We do have some time to work out all the details :) Cannot wait to get to know all of you!! :) :cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter