jumbo cupcake pan

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
Is it worth buying???? If so which one do you have. tell me the positives and negatives. I love baking and it the jumbo cupcake looks cute! I think it would be a cute for parties or a a bday surprise for someone.

My local ross had the wilton metal pan that has the top and bottom side by side in one pan for $11.99.

I have this jumbo Wilton pan, and for me it was definitely worth buying. My DD's 2nd birthday party was cupcake themed. I used this pan, and got lots of compliments on her cute cake. I coated the inside of the bottom part of the pan with a thick layer of melted pink candy melts. It set and slid out perfectly, looking like a pretty pink jumbo cupcake liner. Instead of baking in the bottom part of the pan, I actually baked, stacked, iced two 6" layers to fit into that candy melt cupcake liner-shaped bottom. I added the baked cupcake top, decorated it with big swirls of white buttercream, and finished with a sprinkling of big pastel colored confetti. Super cute, and the quickest and easiest of the birthday cakes I've made for my now 4-yr-old DD.

I borrowed that Pan from a friend for DD's 9th birthday cake. I used melted chocolate to make a "liner" just like the PP mentioned. I just trimmed down the bottom cake to make it fit inside the chocolate liner ( squirted in some frosting first, to make it all stick/fit perfectly).

My friend did suggest baking the top and bottom separately. Because they are attached in one pan, you can't take out just one part if it's done first. It worked great for me. Super cute cake, although it was a bit hard to cut neatly with the hard chocolate shell "liner."

We got the "Mega Cupcake" mold - same concept and size as the pan you linked to - but it's made of silicone and the top and bottom parts are separate. We bought ours for 9.99 at Marshals 2 years ago. We've used it several times (and I've lent it to friends) - and everyone loves it. We even used JUST the bottom mold to make a giant replica of a Hostess cupcake for a friend of DD's birthday since that is her favorite snack. Totally worth it. :cool1:

I have been eyeing this pan for awhile. If I could get it at 11.99, it would be worth it even to use it just a few times and then loan it out.

For those that have this pan, does one cake mix do both parts? Or is a a whole cake mix per section?

If you look around you could probably find it used.

In a pinch Michaels often has 20%-40% off one item coupons and I have seen the pan there.

For those that have this pan, does one cake mix do both parts? Or is a a whole cake mix per section?

It uses one and part of one.. so we always end up with too much cake.. we make extra cupcakes or a small square one.

We have used ours 3-4 times for various events so I would say it was worth it. You can use it for any occasion.

I think I got mine at Michael's w/a 40% off coupon.

It is easier to bake them one at a time.. then one doesn't get messed up while you're trying to get the other one out. I love the candy mold idea.. I'll have to try that!

I've been wondering about this pan too. I love to bake and this would make awesome cakes for my family and would be fun just to joke around with my hubby because last night I told him I wanted a big cupcake from Disney World. :)

I'm living the idea but I want to bake both sides at once. Some mention it cook uneven . Some say cook one side at a time but that will take longer if I'm planning on making more then one for a party. What's the trick on getting all if it to cook at once????

I have a cake business and I use the Wilton pan. I wrap a damp cup towel around the bottom half of the top portion and cook both sides at the same time. The cool towel slows down the heating so both sides bake evenly.

I have a cake business and I use the Wilton pan. I wrap a damp cup towel around the bottom half of the top portion and cook both sides at the same time. The cool towel slows down the heating so both sides bake evenly.

I have no idea what a cup towel is. Is it a regular kitchen towel that you wet or a special cooking towel? Do you wrap it while its cooking in oven or wrap it after its cooked and cooling?

I ended up going back and getting the pan this morning. I also found the Wilton cake pop pan for 6.50 each. I would love to know what you think if you have one. I know without the pan you can make cake pops by hand and you add frosting to cake . So with the cake pop pan I'm hoping it works great because it will be less sweet without the frosting mixed in the cake right?

I have no idea what a cup towel is. Is it a regular kitchen towel that you wet or a special cooking towel? Do you wrap it while its cooking in oven or wrap it after its cooked and cooling?

I ended up going back and getting the pan this morning. I also found the Wilton cake pop pan for 6.50 each. I would love to know what you think if you have one. I know without the pan you can make cake pops by hand and you add frosting to cake . So with the cake pop pan I'm hoping it works great because it will be less sweet without the frosting mixed in the cake right?

I looked on the Wilton site and didn't see the cake pop pan. Where did you find it?

DD got this for her birthday - she loves to bake :thumbsup2. We made it for her that day and it came out pretty cute. We used just one box of cake mix and one frosting, plus we got her sprinkles and the Wilton decorating tips - she made a mess but it was so worth it!

I looked on the Wilton site and didn't see the cake pop pan. Where did you find it?
I finally wend to Michaels yesterday , after not going for months. I notice the packaging is different so the one i got was the old packaging so thats probably why it was at Ross.

I didnt realize but the cake pops are not round but a differnt shape. The shape i got will still work because I saw a super cute design on
Hopefully my pan works for these so i dont have to shape it
http://movievideo.me/search/cake-po...ncess-party-cake-pops-a-cupcake-addiction-how

Here's the pans I bought for $6 something
http://www.sears.com/wilton-bake-it...M1970966514?prdNo=27&blockNo=27&blockType=G27

DD got this for her birthday - she loves to bake :thumbsup2. We made it for her that day and it came out pretty cute. We used just one box of cake mix and one frosting, plus we got her sprinkles and the Wilton decorating tips - she made a mess but it was so worth it!

I bet it was fun! My dd will be 16 next year and I want to do a dessert bar, so decorated and colored cake pops would be great and inexpensive. I just need to find a pan with roundd ones. I also want to make a few of the giant cup cakes with the top decorated using rose designs so it looks like a bunch of roses. A bunch of mini cupcakes and regular cupcakes but I dont know I need to see if certain things can me made inadvance and have proper storage for it. I think cupcakes can be made 1-2 days before

also plan on making the marshmellow dipped in chocolate. I want to try like they do at Disney dip it in carmal then in chocolate

Yes just a regular dish towel. Lol my mom always called them cup towels and I guess it stuck. I fill the pan with batter and put it on top of a cookie sheet, then wrap the damp towel around it before it goes in and it stays on until its done baking. I have the magic cake strips that I use now for my regular shaped pans but used to use dish towels cut in strips and pinned around the cake pan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter