July Heat?

We went last July and really enjoyed it! We planned for it very,very carefully though. We had mister fans filled with ice water each day. Water bottles at all times during the day.

We went to the parks early in the morning and for e nights. We planned to go during a week they had 2 e nights. In the middle of the day we either went back to the room for a swim or went to a nice cool restaurant to eat and take a break.

We absolutely cannot in Ontario take our child out of school during the school year! He is 13 and our curriculum is very demanding. He is a good student but, even if the teachers cooperated ( and they may or may not) he would spend the whole holiday doing school work.

That said, we didn't mind going in July. If we did we would HAVE to settle for March break which I hear is a madhouse at WDW. The crowds were not too bad last July but, I hear they were down from previous years.

It took a tremendous amount of planning and going to the parks at the right time of day to enjoy July but we would do it again. We had a ball!!!

Ruth

I hate to say this, but it doesn't sound like a very promising situation. If your DH is already dreading the heat and humidity, and it turns out to be miserably hot, will he wind up spending the whole time saying "See, I told you so."? It would concern me that he is already sending out signals that extreme heat and humidity would be a trip-killer for him. Then would you wind up feeling guilty for taking the family there when it's so hot, knowing your husband was hoping for Colorado where it will be probably be cooler? If he's already dreading the trip to WDW, maybe you should rethink the timing. Or consider Disneyland as you mentioned. I've been to CA several times in the summer, and it has been warm but not miserably hot. But it may be pretty crowded there, as someone else mentioned.

Now maybe you'll be lucky as some of the other posters were, and it won't be stiflingly hot when you go to WDW. Or maybe it really won't bother you since you're from Texas. If you do still go in July, I hope the weather turns out wonderful for you. :D

Whatever you decide to do, best wishes to you and have a terrific time! :jester:

Certainly taking your kids out of school depends on the school. Not an option for me since I teach and cannot take myself out - so July it is. And we go then because that is when we can go. Have I been other months? yes, it is better? yes, is it an option now? No - so we make the best of it - fans and frozen bandanas, lots of water, careful planning to be inside some of the time. Can it be done - you bet! Thousands (and thousands) do!
Barbara
July in Disney is better than July anywhere else!

We always go in the summer! If you go to the parks for early entry you will be able to go back to the resort's pool for a break. Bring a Squeeze Breeze (spray-fan) with you. You can get these at Target for about $7.00 Alot of attractions at Epcot are inside. I live in NJ, and last year when we went to Disney World it was hotter in NJ than FL!! Just pace yourselves and have a fun time!! :D

I also have a husband that is moaning and groaning about going to DW in July. I don't want to pull three children out of school for almost 2 weeks (we don't fly). I agree with planning things out and just doing the best you can. He told me he would rather be walking in Disney World in 20 degree weather with snow on the ground. I HATE the cold and would rather the opposite. I told him he could just leave and go back to resort if it is too unbearable for him. If your husband is like mine, be prepared, he WILL complain and often, but then he always does anyway LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter