July Heat?

perfectscruggs

Earning My Ears
Hi.

We will be going in July and my DH is complaining about the Heat and Humidity in Florida at that time. (He wanted to go to Colorado for Family Vacation.)

I tell him. "Dear...we live in Texas, so it can't be worse than here in July...perhaps better."

Am I right or wrong? Trying to install Disney Fever in DH. (He likes Six Flags but is dreading DisneyWorld.)

**sigh**. In case your wondering why we are going. We are taking 3 children and this is our first time. Ds5 begged prettily...lol.

Sorry, but it can be very hot in DW in july. I went the last week of july several yrs ago, it was 103! the best advice I can give you is to go to the parks when they first open, return to your hotel and its pool during the heat of the day, then return to the parks in the evening. I hope you and DH enjoy your first trip! I am sure the children will ;)

you just never know. we were there in july week after the 4th and the heat was not bad at all. and everything was pretty much a walk on or very little wait. we are also planning on going this july it will probally be very hot, fiqure we can't get that lucky twice. lol

If you want to convert your husband to a wdw lover, do NOT go in July. My 6th visit to WDW was this summer & the humidity was terrible. What was worse was the crowds. If at all possible go another time of the year. WDW takes too much energy to enjoy in extreme heat & humidity. If I hadn't visited WDW at other times of the year previously, I probably would not be interested in ever returning.
My brother, who insisted on 2 summer visits to appease his children has come to detest WDW. He won't believe me that WDW can be a blast in cooler less crowded months.
To me trying to enjoy WDW in the summer is like trying to enjoy swimming in the ocean on cape cod in the winter.
I returning to WDW this March (hooray !) to make up for my steamy bomb of a summer visit.

We've been to Las Vegas in July. We've been to Florida in July. Las Vegas in July, we would return. Las Vegas is extremely hot but you can survive. Florida in July, we will never again return. Forida's heat and humidity is just totally unbearable. It seems like your body is never dry. Please, wait and go when it's more tolerable. Good Luck! :)

OUCH!

Thanks for the feedback. Is June any better? Or what about DisneyLAND in June/July. We have kids and those months are pretty much it concerning vacation.

Did go the 1st week in june in 1999 or 98 & it wasn't too bad except for AK which was new & had little shade was very steamy. Most schools were not out yet & parks were not too crowded, my youngest had to miss school though.
Best visit time for me was early December, WDW is decorated for Xmas, uncrowded & less expensive.
Take your kids out of school for a couple of days, a short fun trip is better than a long miserable one.

My husband, son and I live in Georgia, and I can tell you from experience that it is definitely the humidity that can get you down! We will be going to WDW in August 2004 with family from California, and I think there are a few keys to surviving the weather: drink lots of water (not sodas), go back to the hotel in the afternoons when the weather is at its hottest, and make sure to go into an attraction, restaurant or shop with air conditioning every so often to cool downl

As far as Disneyland in the summer, we are originally from Los Angeles so I can tell you that it is very crowded there in the summer, but not nearly as hot as Florida, and no humidity!

It really depends on what you are used to. I live in NC and went to WDW this past July and it didn't bother us at all. Of course we are used to heat and breathing warm water all summer long. It was actually a few degrees cooler in Orlando than it was in NC this past July. If you are used to this type of weather, it will not bother you but if you live where the humidity is next to nothing and then go down it will be very hard on you.

July is not that bad! We have taken six trips in July... usually it's hotter in the midwest than in Florida!

If you are smart.... early mornings and late nights with a mid day break. Also, stay on site so your room is always handy. We stay at the Poly because we feel it's the most convenient.

Have fun!

Perfect
please be careful....July is an extremely uncomfortable month as far as the potential for heat/humidity.
Sounds like you may need to get "buy in" from your hubby or the trip will be a miserable one for all.
I'm not one to portion my days out at the Parks or at the Pool--don't think that makes alot of sense when you can swim at home anytime. So, know that YOU WILL SWEAT. If that doesn't sound like something you can take--rethink your month.
My family has certainly gone in July--but we spent our first 3 trips in January getting the "non Disney hubby" acclimated to the pace, etc. Now July is fine, but it would've been H-E -double toothpicks- if we'd done that first. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have gotten him to go again !!!

Knowledge is Power !! disboards gives you the knowledge.
:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

We went last July with our 2 kids. It was extremely hot. But we paced ourselves (I don't think we could have done commando-style anyway-it was just too hot to hurry). We took brakes mid-afternoon at the pool (stayed onsite), even though we have a pool at home-we needed that refreshment. The heat actually forced us to take naps several afternoons (and my kids are older-15 and 11 at the time). Would I do it again? Sure. We're going again in June. We don't have much of a choice-can't take the kids out of school-it's too much hassle. It has to be June or July. I don't think I would go in August-even though it rains almost every day in the summer, in August you have to worry about hurricanes, too. We made sure we started out early, took a break in the afternoon, and returned at night. Just go there with a "good attitude" and don't try to do everything commando style. My husband is not the most pleasant person in the heat, but he got through it. We brought our own water in the parks and drank lots of it (we refilled at the water fountains). Gook luck, whatever you decide, and just make the best of it!

Sheri

we also took insulated water bottles and would fill these with ice and water from our resort in the morning. you can get free ice water at any of the soda stands.

We just went this past July and I did not think it was that bad. And you are usually inside much of the time. Epcot has lots to do inside. Disneyworld has something for everyone. You can not dislike it no matter how hard you try. And the AC at Disney works great. UNLIKE Universal!

We went the end of July last year, and while it was hot, it wasn't any different than any other summer day. I drank water like crazy, and had a WDW squeeze breeze, which I think was a life saver.

We went the beginning of August in 2000, and I thought I was gonna die from the heat - I wasn't smart and didn't carry a water bottle, or a fan. We finally got a WDW squeeze breeze the last couple days we were there, and what a difference. Just a little breeze on my face made all the difference from being miserable to being comfortable. I would suggest have one of these - I didn't find it anymore of a burdon to carry them than carrying a small backpack - which I also had :-)

Either way, pace yourself, and if you start to feel TOO hot, head to air conditioning. There are many shops you can walk through on the way to attractions, though in Epcot, that really isn't the case other than in World Showcase. Take a stroll and cool off.

You may also find it wise to take an afternoon back at the hotel and swim and regenerate. About every day we would go back to the hotel around 3pm to cool off and just relax for an hour or so.

Have fun, but most importantly, pace yourself and DRINK WATER!!

The weather in July totally depends on rain (and the lack there of). We went last July mid-month and it was extremely humid. I do believe the heat index hit 110 the day we were at Epcot, but the commandos that we are, we still stayed from open to close. I have been there in Julys past and there was rain, therefore clearing out the parks and cooling the temperature. That was nice. Last summer, however, it rained twice in a week and was almost unbearable. Its really the luck of rain that can make or break the heat.

We're from Louisiana. It is hot and humid here in July so Florida was no surprise to us. Nothing unusual, in other words. Just be prepared. Take the mister fans. Drink a lot of water and leave the parks and go to the resort and rest during the heat of the day. This will help put everyone in a much better mood.

All of the counter serve restaurants will give you free ice water for the asking. It really made a difference in our July visit. But, hey....You're from Texas! You can handle it with just a little planning!;)

Hi, I'm from Louisiana too, but you won't catch us at WDW in the summer months. We went ONCE in July, but the combination of the heat and the crowds made it an easy decision to change our family vacation to the week after Thanksgiving. Before you say, "We can't take the kids out of school"....yes you can! We do every year and with prior notice the teachers and school can co-operate. We get to enjoy Disney with lower crowd levels and comfortable temps. I sure wouldn't want to introduce a reluctant hubby to Disney in July. Not if I ever wanted to go back in the future.;)
What ever you decide, hope you have a magical trip!!

I have not been to Disney in July, but I did go in August. It really isn't that bad. You just have to be smart about it. Take afternoon breaks, drink lots of water and don't go at a crazy pace. We plan to go again this August for 10 days and we all are looking forward to it. (9 of us; me, hubby, 3 kids ages 21,17 and 10, best friends and their kids 17 and 14) With kids in school, it can really be a hassle to go any other time.
Also, I went to Vegas in August last summer. I would pick Disney any day. They may say it's a dry heat but when it's 115 it feels like a wall of heat smacking you in the face.
Everyone smiles in Disney, you can't possibly have a bad time. And Six Flags is nothing compared to Disney, Your hubby will love it; get him involved in the plans.
When we first went, we thought it would be our one and only time, now we think about it all the time and can't wait until summer.
Think great times and you will have great times!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We went in August in 2001 and we will NEVER go in the summer again! We can tolerate the heat a bit better than dh , he can't tolerate it at all and going in the summer anywhere from June to October , makes it for a miserable trip, the humidity really gets to us. I just went to WDW the first week of December 2002 and just returned again last sunday , from now on even dh says we will be going in the winter, the temps were in the 70's and the crowds were low. We will stay put in the summer and just take our weekend getaways for fun close to home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter