~JULY 8TH~ "Wonder"ing who's going?

MO64RN

I never repeat gossip. So listen carefully.
Just booked on the July 8th 3 night wonder and didn't see a thread started. It will be my DH and I. DD11, and DS14. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise. Who is joining us?

We also just booked, this weekend, the florida resident special for the July 8th. It is our first cruise, Myself, wife, DS 10, DS 6.

We live in Winter Garden, so we are not that far from you. My kids are very excited, and I have already started reading every page of this board to get info.

George

Hi George,
We also got the FLres rates. You and your family will love the cruise. As I said this will be our 4th.

If you have any questions about anything ask away.

Who did you guys book through? Waiting for my quote back for FL resident rate from two different places. Hopefully I'll be on there. It'll be myself, my 4 year old daugher (who'll be turning 5 the day after we get home) and my father.

I booked through All Seasons Travel (Great service so far) I reserved it on Friday and paid for it Sunday. On Sunday when I called I wanted to move up to a window, but none were available. They did have some cat 5s left. But we will be on the second deck inside cabin, okay for a first cruise probably since we will spend most of the time away from the cabin. We are in one of the noise cabins from dcltribute.com, but we think we will be okay. We may try again at the 60 day mark to move it a little farther forward.

I hope you get your cruise.

Maureen,
I will probably take you up on the questions, since we are so new to cruising, we will probably have alot.

George

Typically the rate will be about the same whomever you booked through. I have worked with DU in the past because of the rebate however this time I decided to go with AAA because of the unlimited soda's for everyone. DH and I don't drink soda but our kids do so the money I would save is about equal to the DU rebate.

I am not sure about the service though. I've been waiting to hear back from my TA since my room is also on the Noisy list. FYI George- I do still see some window or Cat 9 rooms avail on Deck 2. I am also trying to change rooms because of the noise factor. I will let you know if I have any luck.

FL Minnie, All Seasons travel have the rates posted.all seas

I did it. I got my room changed. George if you want my old room 2626 it has a window. Call all seas cause I see another Cat 9 on deck 2 avail 2138. It's only $60 more for the window. Worth the $60 I think. We had a window once but it was one of the secret porthole rooms. So we paid for an inside but got a obstructed view outside.

I am so ready to cruise.:jumping1:

Got our room booked today. WAs looking at a cat 10, but had to book a cat 6. Never had a verenda before so very excited. This will be our 5th cruise!

Congratulations on your verahnda Floridaminnie. I have never had on either. We are going on RCCL Oct. and I decided for a little more than the price for a room with a Veranda I would book 2 inside connecting rooms as our kids are a little older now and we need the extra space not to mention privacy.

Thats good news Suzanne,

Thanks Maureen, but they say they are sold out of the discounted rate now so I can't move up. I am not really going to worry too much about the cabin location since we won't be there that much.

We did get late seating, and are waitelisted for early, but from looking at everything, I may that myself off the waitlist and stay late. It just looks like it is more convenient for everything. We will just fee our kids something before the show, then either send them to the lab/club and then we eat, or if they want to join us and have something else that would be fine as well.

Were you both assigned late seating as well?

For excusions, We are parasailing (Myself and DS10) in Castaway Cay, and renting the floats/snorkels.

In Nassau, we may take the catamaran tour/snorkle, but not sure yet. But will visit the Pirate Museum.

George

Hi Maureen:

This is Rose. I am not going with you guys but just wanted to say HEY! Did you book this cruise for your birthday? Are you still going on the Royal Carribbean in October? Write to me and let me know how you are doing. I kind of liked you!

Hi Rose,
I am glad you "kinda liked me." What a load off my mind. Too bad you can't join us and come to my Big Birthday Party at Sea. Yes we will be celebrating. It will be the last day of the cruise. We are still going RCCL in Oct. We will actually get to see the ship in port when we return Sunday.

So how are you? Misbehaving as usual? Are you still cruising in Oct.?

George,
No excursions booked for us. Last time we went to Nassawe did the Paradise Island-Atlantis thing. I was not impressed. Glad we booked quickly since it seems a lot of FL residents will be on this cruise.

We are also 2nd seating waitlisted for first. I don't think we will get it though. Our last cruise we were also waitlisted and did get it just prior to the cruise but we were waitlisted for more than 6 months. I don't care at this point. I am just estatic we are going. although I like to eat early I am glad I won't have to cut my day short to rush and get ready for dinner.

WE also have the late seating but prefer the late seating. My rugrat usually doesn't eat with me anyways. She prefer the kids club to her mother's company at dinner.:rolleyes:

Floridaminnie,
Do you live right in Tampa Bay? We are going to St. Pete Beach Memorial Weekend. I also have family down that way.

I live right in the Tampa Bay area and love it over here! There is so much to do and Disney is only an hour away!

I guess nobody is going except our 3 groups. Maybe the ship will be empty.

I never cruised in July before. It had always been in the fall. I am really looking forward to it.

I can taste that "Bonvoyage" drink now. It's my favorite. Now whenever we go out and I am in the mood for a drink I have it custom made. I even bought the stuff to make at home.

I have found out that the ship is just slightly less than 2/3 full right now, which is strange this close to sailing, since alot of the other summer dates are aroun 85-90 percent.

Unless they open up the Florida Resident special to more, maybe the boat will not be crowded.

George

DH, DS (11) and DD (9). 1st disney cruise for all of us...(DH and I cruised on a 3 day NCL back in 95)...We're all looking forward to it, then off to US/IOA for 3 days after the cruise.

We don't plan on getting off the ship in Nassau, DH and I weren't real impressed with it when we cruised in 95, so we're all planning on taking advantage of all the ship has to offer.....

:wave2:

princess: :firefight :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter