July 8th audition

Disperformer

Earning My Ears
Is anyone going to the Halloween/Holiday audition coming up? If you have been to this specific audition before, what was your experience?

Yes! I am going to the one on July 8 plus I have been to two other auditions. I went to the PTN audition two years ago and basically just stood in line FOREVER like and hour and half then went into the rehearsal hall and was out in like 10 minutes. Blah! Then last year I went to the Halloween/Holiday audition and I waited in line ridiculously long (AGAIN) but this time I was selected and I ended up waiting backstage for another TWO hours and still was not finished. I did not know the length of this audition and how long it would last. It was SUPER hot outside and I was just ROASTING so by the time I got inside I was burned.. hungry.. etc. I don't know how long the actual audition lasted bc I left. I felt sooo lightheaded that I needed to eat something. I basically HATED myself for leaving the audition as i got so far, but i couldn't help it. This year i am coming with lots of water and FOOD just incase i am selected and have to wait around. Also you do wait directly in the sun so bring sunblock and try to cover up.. some ppl bring umbrellas! Smart! If you make it in .. expect to wait! Although now with the online profiles.. not sure if that will speed up the process. Good luck! :)

Oh wow! Well congrats for making it even though you didn't stay. Sounds like you're prepared this time. Were they mainly looking for dancers or characters as well? Was the dance pretty advanced?

Oh wow! Well congrats for making it even though you didn't stay. Sounds like you're prepared this time. Were they mainly looking for dancers or characters as well? Was the dance pretty advanced?

Dance was the entire audition. The first round of the audition is very simple...it is no more than like 5 counts of very basic traveling movements. The next round is where the audition really starts and the dancing becomes a lot more complex. If you have dance training you should be fine...it is a very fast paced learning environment so be prepared to go quickly. Remember to that SO many ppl come through and you might have had the best audition ever but it comes down to those who had the best audition ever PLUS the look and height they need for a specific role!

Dance was the entire audition. The first round of the audition is very simple...it is no more than like 5 counts of very basic traveling movements. The next round is where the audition really starts and the dancing becomes a lot more complex. If you have dance training you should be fine...it is a very fast paced learning environment so be prepared to go quickly. Remember to that SO many ppl come through and you might have had the best audition ever but it comes down to those who had the best audition ever PLUS the look and height they need for a specific role!

Have you ever worked at Disney before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter