July 4th - MK or EP?

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
Is the consensus still to plan to go to MK on July 3rd and EP on July 4th like in the old days or do we think the park reservation system will make a hill of beans difference in actual crowd levels??

I was at MK last week and talking with the engineer on the Train that just opened and was told that they have not had the level of crowds they used to have before the new Res system. The cast members are all hoping the Res system stays to help them. That being said, your idea is good, but I would recommend HS on July 4th. We had a great time there last year instead of EP and would recommend it anytime.

I was at MK last week and talking with the engineer on the Train that just opened and was told that they have not had the level of crowds they used to have before the new Res system. The cast members are all hoping the Res system stays to help them. That being said, your idea is good, but I would recommend HS on July 4th. We had a great time there last year instead of EP and would recommend it anytime.
I was under the impression that the special Independence day fireworks on the 3rd & 4th were just at MK & EP?! We were down there 1 other year that week and did MK on the 3rd & EP on the 4th and it worked quite well. The EP fireworks were simply incredible. I was just wondering where we should plan our park reservations this year. HS was not on my radar for these special shows....

I don’t think the Epcot special fireworks have ever taken place on the 3rd. MK‘s do take place both days. We see MK on 3rd ( we get theme park studio) and go to Epcot on 4th.
From last year’s Epcot’s. It was amazing. The only thing I would do differently this year is wait for the crowd to thin. It was crazy trying to fight the crowd as we were heading to Beach Club.
110712CB-3E31-4CC2-BBFC-44995FE74CC1.jpeg

Epcot‘s special FW is just one day only 4th. We’ve done MK on the 3rd & Epcot on the 4th Annually for years.

generally, I’m not one to challenge the wisdom of a WDW transportation worker ;) However, last year seemed the most crowded we’ve experienced on those two days Especially, Epcot which generally managed to swallow up guests during the daylight hours on the 4th

When do they normally announce the 4th fireworks?

we're on the MK 3rd EP 4th reservations for reasons noted above, but it doesn't seem like they formally announce their schedule until a few weeks in advance?

anyone ever scored a fireworks package the 3rd in MK or 4th in EP?

When do they normally announce the 4th fireworks?

we're on the MK 3rd EP 4th reservations for reasons noted above, but it doesn't seem like they formally announce their schedule until a few weeks in advance?

anyone ever scored a fireworks package the 3rd in MK or 4th in EP?
We have gotten MK fireworks package for the 3rd. This was before we began booking Theme Park view at BLT. It was the best way to be in the MK on that crowded day.

We have gotten MK fireworks package for the 3rd. This was before we began booking Theme Park view at BLT. It was the best way to be in the MK on that crowded day.
that's what I'm shooting for, we can swing fireworks package one night but can't go deluxe for the whole trip.

Is the consensus still to plan to go to MK on July 3rd and EP on July 4th like in the old days or do we think the park reservation system will make a hill of beans difference in actual crowd levels??
That's our family's plan. It will be our first time at WDW for the July 4 holidays.
I'm hoping to be able to grab our viewing spots 2 hours before showtime.

That's our family's plan. It will be our first time at WDW for the July 4 holidays.
I'm hoping to be able to grab our viewing spots 2 hours before showtime.
same! it'll be our first 4th fireworks in a few years as we are often camping in the Sierras over the 4th (where the fire danger is high and fireworks are necessarily banned), so it will be a bit of a different scenario.

I went to MK on the 4th last year and it was crazy! They tape off a lot of the fantasyland sidewalks for people to sit/stand. Trying to maneuver through the marked walkways that were supposed to be open was not easy. I had dinner around 730 at skippers Canteen, so that I would not have to deal with Main Street.

Yes to MK on 3rd and Epcot on 4th. The fireworks at both were amazing. Disney also showed the fireworks at MK multiple times each day so the crowds weren’t bad at all imo. I got a spot at MK by the partner statue as they started letting people fill the walkway so great view and minimal wait. No such luck at Epcot - will have to camp out a few hours in advance there.

It was awesome to stay at Beach Club and walk back to our room. The skyliner line went past the garden entrance… and that was after we had been waiting in the park for a bit to let the crowds disperse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter