• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2023 planning and chat thread!

What is the Rogers show?
Rogers the Musical is actually an intentionally cheesy play that was featured in the Hawkeye series on Disney+. The post-credits scene of the final episode of season 1 features part of the stage play when they perform one of the main songs (I Could Do This All Day). We're going to the parks at the end of next week and one of my main priorities is to see this show at the Hyperion. We're huge Marvel fans and super excited to see it.

We are four days away from our trip. So excited! I remember reading about a post on strategies to rope drop each park pinned to the top on this board. But I cannot find it anymore. Does anyone know where it is? I was going to try to do some study about this last minute...

We are four days away from our trip. So excited! I remember reading about a post on strategies to rope drop each park pinned to the top on this board. But I cannot find it anymore. Does anyone know where it is? I was going to try to do some study about this last minute...
We fly out tomorrow and our 1st park day is Monday. I'm not sure how much different rope drop is now with the people from the Disney hotels starting 30 minutes earlier. We're planning on rope dropping the new Mickey runaway railway ride our 1st day and have Genie+. Have a great trip!

We are flying in today and staying at PPH - Premium View. Only 3 days in the parks but have a few "extra" fun things planned for my DH and DS (17) to surprise them! Tomorrowland Skyline Terrace for dinner/fireworks viewing Thursday 7/6 and WOC Dessert Party 7/7....neither of which we have done before! Tonight dinner at Goofy's kitchen and a swim at DLH (since PPH is still under construction).

I also started packing…::yes::
but realized I don’t have enough space (and free weight) for everything (at least after shopping on the way back):eek:

So I guess I won’t be able to take my (new) Loungefly backpack :sad1: which is bulky and heavy and not that handy in the parks or afterwards (we continue our trip to Hawaii) anyways…
and I had actually planned to try to wear Crocs in the park (heard so much good stuff about them for a DL day) but I have a hard time to fit 2 pair of Shoes, 2 pair of flip flops and some sandals into my luggage…(and I might buy an additional pair of shoes at the
outlets…)

Trouble is: I know I can’t use my sandals (Teva) for a full day at DL so I need to switch to flip flops midday and hope that does the trick, so I can still walk back to the hotel at 1am without sore feet, but I also don’t know if it be better with crocs for the whole day or if I end up with blisters and sore feet anyways…(I can’t properly duplicate a day at DL at home…)
And I don’t want to only use my running shoes at DL because my feet get so hot…o_O

A week at DL, shopping at the outlets and Hawaii is just to much stuff for only one suitcase +carry on…:scared1::faint:

Luckily, I still have some time to decide…

We are July 19-24. We have 5 day Park hoppers with genie plus. We were at DL for the 50th and 60th and are mostly WDW people due to ease of airfare from the midwest to Orlando. We are staying at the Howard Johnsons. We have WOC Desert party, the Plaza lunch with parade viewing, a Storyteller's brunch, Minnie's breakfast, Goofy Kitchen dinner, Cafe Orleons lunch (wanted Blue Bayou but couldn't get it) DH loves the Monte Cristo, and the Walt Disney tour that goes into his apartment (this is for me a huge Walt fan and also history buff). My daughter loves characters so booked the character meals for her. Hopefully, we will be able to navigate the crowds and heat, I am excited to see DL again.

Got back home late last night. Had a wonderful time but my feet are thankful to be home. 😆

World Of Color Dessert party was a splurge for us and was definitely worth it for us. Being able to sit with a great view and we had desserts left over which we ate for a pre breakfast for the next 2 days. Genie + worked great for us. Took advantage of it a lot as well as the photopass I did not purchase any of the ILL and got on all those rides. Mickey and Minnie at rope drop, ROTR right after was the wait time said 40 minutes but we got in and out in 25 minutes! RSR we did single rider . We got on right away. My 16 year old and I was in the same car which my 19 year old and DH were in cars that raced against each other. The stand by line at the time said 65 minutes. Single rider was definitely the way to go As I don’t have any small kids.

For those who are their now or on their way soon, enjoy!

Last edited:
I'm back on for a July quickie trip! Sitting at the airport now, meeting a friend in Whittier, and going to DLR for the day tomorrow, July 11. Just made the plans last night, ha ha, though I've been thinking about it for a week. We don't have a big agenda but we have a reservation for brunch at Storytellers 😊

We just booked a last minute trip for my birthday. It coincides with a family thing.

Staying July 26-28 at Embassay Suites and going to the parks on the 26th and 27th. Super excited since we’ve only been to WDW and on DCL. Trying to get a nice dinner booked for the 26th since that is my birthday.

Does anyone know if you use the parking garage can you leave and come back? We want to take an afternoon break. Thanks!

Does anyone know if you use the parking garage can you leave and come back? We want to take an afternoon break. Thanks!
If you are referring to Disney owned lots (Mickey & Friends, Pixar Pals and/or Toy Story), yes you can. Just show the paper receipt when you enter the second time.

If you are referring to Disney owned lots (Mickey & Friends, Pixar Pals and/or Toy Story), yes you can. Just show the paper receipt when you enter the second time.
Thank you!! I’ve been waiting in the chat and it’s taking forever! We need to checkin because we have to switch hotels.

Does anyone know what’s going on Tuesday, July 25th. I barely got a room near the resort. We have to switch hotels too.

Does anyone know what’s going on Tuesday, July 25th. I barely got a room near the resort. We have to switch hotels too.
I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the Hotel strikes going around LA? I just canceled our stay at the Marriot and switched to onsite just in case. I’ve read reviews from tourists that have had horrible experiences in the Universal City area. Praying the union and hotels will reach an agreement soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter