• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2016

Great minds think alike!:tinker: Where are you guys going and staying? We are going to sea world the day we land, then IOA and the rest of the week Disney at CBR.

Hi :) we are travelling from the UK - where are you from? So, no definite plans for arrival day. Maybe visit Walmart, Disney springs or just get an early night as would've been up early! Last time (2011) we got lost trying to find our hotel..we are driving...well hubby is :)
We unfortunately are staying off site at Maingate Lakeside - some reviews haven't been great...as long as it's clean I'm not really fussed - we'll only be there to sleep! Planning to visit MK as first park on the Thursday. We have adrs booked at sci fi, beaches And cream and garden grill during our trip. Also 3 days water parks :)
2 days each planned for US and IOA :)
We are not doing SeaWorld this time...
What adrs do you have if any?

Hi :) we are travelling from the UK - where are you from? So, no definite plans for arrival day. Maybe visit Walmart, Disney springs or just get an early night as would've been up early! Last time (2011) we got lost trying to find our hotel..we are driving...well hubby is :)
We unfortunately are staying off site at Maingate Lakeside - some reviews haven't been great...as long as it's clean I'm not really fussed - we'll only be there to sleep! Planning to visit MK as first park on the Thursday. We have adrs booked at sci fi, beaches And cream and garden grill during our trip. Also 3 days water parks :)
2 days each planned for US and IOA :)
We are not doing SeaWorld this time...
What adrs do you have if any?

We are from St. Louis, Missouri in the US. You do have a longer flight than us not too bad though. We travelled to London and saw Stonehenge two summers ago for a few days on our way further east, it was wonderful. Of course my daughter's favorite was the ghost bus tour in London on the black double decker bus.

Your trip plan sounds fantastic, so fun you will be enjoying the water parks! Really good idea renting a car to be able to go where you want at your own convenience. We plan to rent a car as well, still trying to find the best deal on a full size.

We fly in the 27th and will be doing sea world for half a day after we check in at the hotel (universal's Loews pacific) Probably 4pm-9pm
28th universal IOA
29th check in at CBR and go to MK our ADRs- be our guest for lunch, crystal palace character dinner
30th Hollywood studios, adr at mama Melrose's restaurant Italiano Fantasmic package
31st Animal Kingdom adr Tusker house character breakfast
Aug 1st adr ' OHana character breakfast and then MK
Aug 2nd MK, Pirates league reservations and adr at Chef Mickey's character dinner

Oh, I thought mine was the only one that did this! My husband is famous in my mind for this sort of thing but he waits until we are packing the night before or even worse, as we are trying to walk out the door. Suddenly so many little things he has ignored for weeks must be done before we are gone for three nights..? :confused3 Bae, it waited this long, it can wait until we get home!
The house has to be spotless before we leave! I come back exhausted when we go to WDW and I don't want to clean when we get home! My car has to be clean before we leave too! I've always been this way and it drives my DH crazy!:jumping1:

I just saw your ticker and it looks like we'll be at POP same time as you. Hope you have a great trip!! I can't wait to be there with my family!!
We are staying in a preferred room. If you want to meet just send me a message after you arrive.:wave: Are you a teacher? My DH is a Full Release Teacher Mentor for our district and I am a Reading Interventionist! 29 and 27 years! :teacher:
This will be our 9th trip to WDW as a family! :earseek:Hope you and your family have a magical time!:wizard:

The house has to be spotless before we leave! I come back exhausted when we go to WDW and I don't want to clean when we get home! My car has to be clean before we leave too! I've always been this way and it drives my DH crazy!:jumping1:

That's me too!!! My house is clean and the car is detailed before we go!!! We leave next Friday 7/8 and arriving at WDW on 7/10!!!

We are staying in a preferred room. If you want to meet just send me a message after you arrive.:wave: Are you a teacher? My DH is a Full Release Teacher Mentor for our district and I am a Reading Interventionist! 29 and 27 years! :teacher:
This will be our 9th trip to WDW as a family! :earseek:Hope you and your family have a magical time!:wizard:
Yes--I'm a middle school Social Studies teacher. 17 years! This will be our 3rd trip . . . hope you have a great time too!

Oh, I thought mine was the only one that did this! My husband is famous in my mind for this sort of thing but he waits until we are packing the night before or even worse, as we are trying to walk out the door. Suddenly so many little things he has ignored for weeks must be done before we are gone for three nights..? :confused3 Bae, it waited this long, it can wait until we get home!

We're SO close! Finally got the house cleaned and surprisingly, DH helped! :love2:

Now I just have to make it through two more days of work, and the worst is that I have development classes pretty much all day today...:bored:

We have a busy week before we leave, so hopefully time will fly! I just found out I have to move my office at school before I leave too! I'm sharing an office with our other reading interventionist, but it's very small! Love her to pieces, but I don't know how all of our combined stuff is going to fit! I also decorate my office in Disney/Mickey Mouse! Don't know if I will be able to now!:headache::headache::headache::headache:

Our countdown is down to 2, wOOt!

BUT - it's a very different trip for us this time - partly because of our growing kids, partly because of the super-busy July 4 week crowds, and partly because of the pricing strategies over the past 18-24 months by the Disney Corp.

We are DVC and will ALWAYS "drink the Koolaid," but we have scaled back a lot. (Although we are just as excited as usual) I'm thinking that others are feeling the same?

This time, we rented a house off property. This time, we are choosing one-park tickets for only 2 days out of our 7 day trip instead of our usual park hoppers. (Although there is one extra indulgence in a single night at Beach Club on my 50th birthday)

We'll do AK on Sunday and Epcot on Tuesday. Our only table service meal will be Tutto Pasta on Tuesday the 5th.

We are doing 2 days at Universal on Thursday/Friday including unlimited express (which is stupid-money, but the kids want to see these parks for the first time and I expect the crowds to justify the add-on expense).

I'm most excited for:
grocery shopping at Publix (fried chicken, yo!)
seeing the AK at night
Tutto Italia (never been)
chillin' in the pool
finding a case for my iPhone 5s . . . hope more than just 6's are available!
an end-of-day bourbon on the balcony after a full day at Epcot
New SOARIN', yo!
Waiting in a crazy line at 9ish am for FEA

Has anyone heard . . . has the Jungle Book show in AK evenings improved at all? Or should we make sure to hit the Dawa Bar before we go over there?

Safe travels, friends!

Single Digit Dance!!! :dancer:8 days and we will be at BWV! It has been a long week at work! Started to pack now as I am also finishing up a full term of classes this week! Having a hard time with packing though because we usually drive and can pack anything and everything we want.

8 days and we will be at BWV! Having a hard time with packing though because we usually drive and can pack anything and everything we want.

Yay, BWV rocks! . . . do you have 1br or more? Don't forget the washer/dryer! That usually helps us pack a lot less clothing (still working on paring down the wife on that, though . . . I have the kids convinced to only pack half!)

:wave:HI everyone!
Just booked a trip for July 17-23 at POP Century!:woohoo:
Is anyone else staying at POP then? Hope everyone has a wonderful vacation!:disrocks:
We will be at POP 19th-22nd. It will be just a short Disney trip for us this time. We are spending part of our trip visiting family. My two DD's are used to spending a month out there since I have summers off but DH is going this time, so only a few days. Oh well, any time at Disney is better than no time!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter