July 15th, 2023 - 7-Night Western Europe Repo Cruise from Barcelona to Southampton (Cádiz, Lisbon, Vigo, Le Havre)

MikeRx

DIS Veteran
Hello Fellow Travelers,
We are starting the July 15, 2023 Barcelona to Southampton Disney Dream Cruise thread!
Please post here if you are joining us on this magical journey.

Thanks
Mike

Hello Fellow Travelers,
We are starting the July 15, 2023 Barcelona to Southampton Disney Dream Cruise thread!

Thanks
Mike
First time Disney Cruise passengers here. We’re taking a 13 year old grandson who has traveled a bit, including to Peru, from his Cape Cod home. It will be his first time in Europe and first cruise of any sort. He’s an avid and skilled baseball player and fisherman but we’ve told him we won’t be able to fish from the stern of the Disney Dream! Please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m wondering about the activities in the tween group that I’m reading about. Do you have any idea what they offer? Thanks.

We are so excited for this trip. A little overwhelmed. Anxious to hear what people are planning for excursions.

We’ve joined this cruise too. 2 girls - 13 and 8. We’ve been on all 5 ships and have done many Magic European itineraries. Excited to see Dream in Europe.

First time Disney Cruise passengers here. We’re taking a 13 year old grandson who has traveled a bit, including to Peru, from his Cape Cod home. It will be his first time in Europe and first cruise of any sort. He’s an avid and skilled baseball player and fisherman but we’ve told him we won’t be able to fish from the stern of the Disney Dream! Please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m wondering about the activities in the tween group that I’m reading about. Do you have any idea what they offer? Thanks.
For tween group - best thing will be for him to join the introduction activities on day 1. This seems to be when the teens find their friends for the sailing.

Hello all! We are booked as well with our two children, ages 12 and 9. This will be our third Disney Cruise in Europe--excited to hit some new ports!

We decided to mix it up this time and do some pre-cruise train travel across Europe. We fly into London on July 7. We are going to spend three nights in London, train to Paris to spend another three nights, and then train to Barcelona for two more nights before hopping on the ship. It makes planning a LOT more stressful, so I'm super focused on the early part of the trip and haven't really researched the port excursions, yet. I'll also be interested to hear what others are doing.

I doubt Disney will offer any fishing excursions, but it may worth checking into some local options. I bet you could probably charter a fishing boat in any of the ports for a half-day option.

Hello all! We are booked as well with our two children, ages 12 and 9. This will be our third Disney Cruise in Europe--excited to hit some new ports!

We decided to mix it up this time and do some pre-cruise train travel across Europe. We fly into London on July 7. We are going to spend three nights in London, train to Paris to spend another three nights, and then train to Barcelona for two more nights before hopping on the ship. It makes planning a LOT more stressful, so I'm super focused on the early part of the trip and haven't really researched the port excursions, yet. I'll also be interested to hear what others are doing.
Do you have sons or daughters? My kiddos (both daughters) are close to same age (13 and 8) and they love meeting friends at the clubs.

We’ve lined up our pre-cruise BCN hotel, transfers, and tours and post cruise London transfers and hotel. We started to look at the shore excursions and London tours and will have a plan by April 16th. Really hoping for a few beverage tasting options too.
Mike

Do you have sons or daughters? My kiddos (both daughters) are close to same age (13 and 8) and they love meeting friends at the clubs.
Yes, my 9 year old is a girl, and we are traveling with some family friends that have a 12 year old girl as well.

Hello Fellow Travelers,

Thanks
Mike
This our second Disney cruise. 1st time cruising with our baby. She will be 1 in July. Any one else traveling with infants?

So, the good news...we were able to secure all of our desired port excursions and all but one of our beverage events. We missed out on mixology and will try when we are on board and stalk the navigator to see if we can get in for this one.

We opted not to do Remy or Palo as we've done them before and didn't want to abandon our 15yo son. We don't have other family with us on this trip. He actually agreed and thanked us...

We are getting excited about the trip and hope American Airlines comes through with the upgrade from PHL-BCN. We were already upgraded to business on the direct return from LHR-PHX.

Hi everyone!
Looking forward to July. We have 4 kids ranging in age from 6-15, this is our second Disney cruise but first time traveling out of the USA as a family.

I missed out on some of the excursions I was hoping for...how likely is it that I can get a spot via a waitlist or should I book something with an outside company?

Hi everyone!
Looking forward to July. We have 4 kids ranging in age from 6-15, this is our second Disney cruise but first time traveling out of the USA as a family.

I missed out on some of the excursions I was hoping for...how likely is it that I can get a spot via a waitlist or should I book something with an outside company?
I would look into outside companies. You’ll probably pay less money and most will have cancellation policies that would allow you to cancel if a spot with Disney were to open up.

Is your 15-year old a boy or a girl? I have a 16-year old daughter who thinks because she’s an introvert, she won’t meet anyone. 😊

So, the good news...we were able to secure all of our desired port excursions and all but one of our beverage events. We missed out on mixology and will try when we are on board and stalk the navigator to see if we can get in for this one.

We opted not to do Remy or Palo as we've done them before and didn't want to abandon our 15yo son. We don't have other family with us on this trip. He actually agreed and thanked us...

We are getting excited about the trip and hope American Airlines comes through with the upgrade from PHL-BCN. We were already upgraded to business on the direct return from LHR-PHX.
I had a Palo dinner booked, but given that my 16-year old would be on her own, and they’ve moved from an all-food-inclusive price to prix fixe or à la carts with a credit equal to the cover, we cancelled it. Love Remy, but again, my 16-year old would be left out.

Am I correct that Cabanas is no longer a dinner option? It’s either main dining room or quick service/room service?

I would look into outside companies. You’ll probably pay less money and most will have cancellation policies that would allow you to cancel if a spot with Disney were to open up.

Is your 15-year old a boy or a girl? I have a 16-year old daughter who thinks because she’s an introvert, she won’t meet anyone. 😊
My oldest is a girl...

also more of an introvert, so maybe they can connect!

👍🏻 My daughter uses snapchat and said she wouldn’t mind connecting pre-cruise. If not, they can say hey to each other onboard. 😊
My daughter doesn't have snapchat so finding each other on board might be best. I'm hoping my older kids 15 & 13 will go to the teen areas on the first day since it seems like they that activities to help them meet others.

My daughter doesn't have snapchat so finding each other on board might be best. I'm hoping my older kids 15 & 13 will go to the teen areas on the first day since it seems like they that activities to help them meet others.
If they have icebreakers, that would be great. Trick will be getting my VERY obstinate kid to participate! 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter