JTA sign ups at DHS EMM?

To clarify, is this all saying that PPO ADRs and EMM guests are all able to sign up for JTA before park opening and rope droppers.
Sounds like this is the case. It also sounds like EMM numbers have been quite low, presumably with only a portion of those interested in JTA, so hopefully that still bodes well for RDers too. Happy to report back on whatever I can tell from our experience on 8/17.

Sounds like this is the case. It also sounds like EMM numbers have been quite low, presumably with only a portion of those interested in JTA, so hopefully that still bodes well for RDers too. Happy to report back on whatever I can tell from our experience on 8/17.

We go last week of August but I have no interest in JTA. I would imagine the percentages are low but I know there are some rope drop folks concerned.

We did not attend EMM yesterday. We arrived at HS around 8:20. Let into park a little after 8:30. We went straight to JTA sign-ups. The first available time slot was 11:10.

When we returned at 10:40 to check in, they were signing people up for the 5:10 time slot.

Hope that helps everyone!

We did not attend EMM yesterday. We arrived at HS around 8:20. Let into park a little after 8:30. We went straight to JTA sign-ups. The first available time slot was 11:10.

When we returned at 10:40 to check in, they were signing people up for the 5:10 time slot.

Do you happen to know how long you waited in line to sign up? Were you done once they started letting people onto rides?

Also, did the line look at 10:40? I am wondering if it's feasible to skip the JTA sign up mess at park open and get to it later.

Do you happen to know how long you waited in line to sign up? Were you done once they started letting people onto rides?

Also, did the line look at 10:40? I am wondering if it's feasible to skip the JTA sign up mess at park open and get to it later.
We didn't wait long at all to sign up. We were done before rope drop. ETA: We were in line for Kylo Ren by 8:55 with about 4 or 5 families in front of us.

At 10:40 there was no line for JTA. The CMs were alternating between checking people in and signing people up.

Last edited:

there was no sign up mess at park open yesterday.

My eldest is SO pumped to a later session now that we've heard that they turn on the light sabers and sound effects. Anyone have any idea at what time (or event, like sunset or something) they start turning on the light sabers?
We have a PPO at DHS, but am considering an EMM, too, if offered in December (sunset at 5:30pm) to guarantee a late slot. For his younger siblings' sakes, I would like to go as early as we can to get the lights on rather than just grabbing the final slot, which might be pushing them too close to bed time.

Anyone know if an arm cast will prevent my daughter from participating? We will be there next Monday, and she has her heart set on this, but unfortunately she broke her arm 2 days ago. Cast just above elbow. Also, will she be able to go on the coasters? Docs here say no problem but I wonder what Disney's take on it is. We have already had to redo all our plans as we had a water park centered trip, but now we have switched to park hoppers and are redoing everything. Not going to water parks and no coasters would crush her!

So on the flip side ..... I'm just hoping if they let folks in the park at 8:30 they are not letting them on TSMM or the other EMM "attractions" until the park opens. We are paying for exclusivity.

So on the flip side ..... I'm just hoping if they let folks in the park at 8:30 they are not letting them on TSMM or the other EMM "attractions" until the park opens. We are paying for exclusivity.
Yesterday, they held everyone at the rope until closer to 9 even though they let us into the park at 8:30. Not sure of the exact time they dropped the rope. We were behind it after our JTA sign-up. They did drop it a few mins (maybe 5) before 9 b/c I checked my watch when we walked into Star Wars Bay Launch and it was 8:55.

My husband and son went over for Jedi Training sign ups on Monday the 15th which was also an EMM day. We didn't have EMM or a PPO breakfast. Since I wasn't there I don't have exact times, but they waited in line for approximately 15mins and my son was able to sign up for the 11:40 show. Didn't quite get a clear answer from my husband, but I think all the earlier time slots were filled. I know he said when he went back to check him in before the show they were signing up for 6:10.

Also reporting back on my experience this week. We attended EMM on Wednesday the 17th and were able to sign up for Jedi training first thing. The guy mentioned one of the 10:00 shows as the first available - I forget which now, since we were signing up for evening. It wasn't crowded at all, and I can't see EMM having a big impact on the training signups because it wasn't a lot of people and of those, probably only a portion were interested in Jedi Training. As a side note, we really enjoyed EMM - 4 rides on Toy Story Mania, lots of individual time with Woody and Buzz, couple runs through Star Tours and the breakfast was great.

This past Tuesday the park opened @ 9 am. I booked a breakfast & H&V 8:10 am to specifically get early signup

They were already booking after noon when we arrived at the location @ 8 am.:confused3

Not happy while GD was suited up and ready to roll, a few raindrops fell and they cancelled it! Not even what I would term a light sprinkle and no thunder in evidence

Were directed inside SW for a Picture with Darth.

Btw, no rain in evidence I could tell after exiting SW.:bitelip: She took it well at least, some kids didn't eek, not a pleasant experience.

If at all possible, remember it tends to rain in the afternoon when selecting a time.

When we went, they were carefully checking wristbands at all rides and meet and greets so you will get exclusivity. We loved it. At one point walking back from TSMM, we saw no one. Like, the whole park was ours alone! It was so special! You'll love it!!

This past Tuesday the park opened @ 9 am. I booked a breakfast & H&V 8:10 am to specifically get early signup

They were already booking after noon when we arrived at the location @ 8 am.:confused3

Not happy while GD was suited up and ready to roll, a few raindrops fell and they cancelled it! Not even what I would term a light sprinkle and no thunder in evidence

Were directed inside SW for a Picture with Darth.

Btw, no rain in evidence I could tell after exiting SW.:bitelip: She took it well at least, some kids didn't eek, not a pleasant experience.

If at all possible, remember it tends to rain in the afternoon when selecting a time.

Ugh, sorry you missed out after all that. We were at Magic Kingdom Tuesday and had a major downpour sometime around 1 PM, give or take, so it was in the area. Sounds like DHS was fine though. Glad your GD took it well.

When we went, they were carefully checking wristbands at all rides and meet and greets so you will get exclusivity. We loved it. At one point walking back from TSMM, we saw no one. Like, the whole park was ours alone! It was so special! You'll love it!!
Same here! I hardly recall seeing anyone but CMs around Toy Story Mania. Buzz and Woody had no visitors at one point and were hanging out outside with my 2 yo and me while my husband and older son rode TSM a 4th time.
A few from the RD crowd did start to arrive at Star Tours just before 9. We had to do rider swap, so I was anxiously awaiting my husband and son to finish up for my turn. They probably got out a minute or two after 9, and the CM let me through the FP line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter