Joy, Sadness and Baymax

We saw them at rope drop 3 days ago on our way to TT. Was through both lines in about 10 minutes. Joy and Sadness are together in one room, Baymax in his own "laboratory". Joy and Sadness both signed autographs, Baymax does not sign (obviously).

Great, thank you all. I think I'll plan to go to Joy and Sadness, then Baymax before we head to Soarin, that might help us avoid the surge of people at rope drop too as we have a pushchair and need to ask for Rider Switch when we get to Soarin

Don't forget to keep refreshing the app for more FPs. This past Wednesday, we rode FEA, Soarin, and TT multiple times each by refreshing the app. Don't be discouraged if at first it says no FPs available, FPs open up throughout the day as guests drop them because their plans changed. Have fun!

Great tip thank you. There are 8 of us, so I don't know whether that will make it harder to find FPs on the day, but I'm definitely planning to try!

Great tip thank you. There are 8 of us, so I don't know whether that will make it harder to find FPs on the day, but I'm definitely planning to try!
Can always break it up into smaller groups too. Try searching for a group of 4, and if you get a slot, try and find another FP for the remaining 4 that overlaps the first FP time slot.

We went around lunch time last week & waited 20-30 min for Joy & Sadness & 10 min for Baymax.

I really wish they had a FP for Joy and Sadness. By 11 am - I've never seen their line less than 45 minutes.

We have other RD priories so I was hoping to catch them at the end on an EMH night but maybe not.
I totally get it, I have just learned the hard way that end of the day for characters doesn't work at least in my experience. I think you would be okay if you did EMH at the beginning of EMH but characters usually close before the end of the evening.

As I mentioned, when we were staying at AKL in December I met a woman on the bus back from Epcot who had taken her autistic son there during EMHs (they were 9:00-11:30pm) it was about 10:30 or 10:45 when we were on the bus, and they had been turned away because they had missed the cut off which they didn't know existed. It was very upsetting because the cast member was not very kind about it and they had gone into the park JUST for EMH to see him, in an attempt to avoid the crowds. That coupled with my attempts to see both Baymax and Mickey thwarted on more than one occasion 20-30 minutes before park close I have given up on the idea of a character visit being our "last thing" before we leave.

What building are they in? I can't picture it. Is it in one of the buildings that were once called Innoventions East or West? Sorry, it's been a while!

Last edited:
What building are they in? I can't picture it. Is it in one of the buildings that where once called Innoventions East or West? Sorry, it's been a while!
Yes it is, as you head towards the land building, there is the Character Spot on the left, and Baymax etc are in the building on the right.

As an update, we went there at rope drop and were the second family to Joy and Sadness, then saw Baymax with a minimal wait. Soarin built quickly so was 45 min by the time we got there and we skipped it at that point, but later on we got an anytime FP when TT went down, and used that to do Soarin as I picked up more FPs for TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter