JoW, not going to waste my time

Wondering what happens if a group decides to stop at one particular section to watch longer. Does everybody behind them have to wait?

I haven’t been thru here yet obviously, but that’s not how interactive exhibits like this work. If you want to interact with the particular element that they are, you’ll have to wait for them to move on. But if you’re not interested & ready to move on, you’ll just go around them & keep going. Everyone will pace themselves & move as quickly or slowly as they want.

Went through this morning. Its a nice walking path. It has some interactive water features that I think will be more fun for the kids. There is also a splash pad area. I can see it being used a lot by parents with younger kids while they wait for other members of their party to to ride other attractions. Its a nice space, and the plants are beautiful. How shaded it is will depend on the time of day. There is plenty of space to walk around other groups if they've stopped to interact with something you want to skip, unless it is super crowded. The "wet" path doesn't require you to get wet. There is a waterfall that you walk through, but the water will stop for you if you don't go through too fast. DW and I both agreed that it felt like a walkway that would feel more at home in Animal Kingdom.

Went through this morning. Its a nice walking path. It has some interactive water features that I think will be more fun for the kids. There is also a splash pad area. I can see it being used a lot by parents with younger kids while they wait for other members of their party to to ride other attractions. Its a nice space, and the plants are beautiful. How shaded it is will depend on the time of day. There is plenty of space to walk around other groups if they've stopped to interact with something you want to skip, unless it is super crowded. The "wet" path doesn't require you to get wet. There is a waterfall that you walk through, but the water will stop for you if you don't go through too fast. DW and I both agreed that it felt like a walkway that would feel more at home in Animal Kingdom.
Probably more shade as the trees grow as well

I think this walkthrough will be nice to see but it's not going to have a huge draw like most other attractions. It's not what it was when first released but it's a vast improvement to what's been there in years past which essentially was empty shells that held even older attractions/exhibits. It was our spot to cool off most recently. I am not sure I'd count it out as a "waste of time" as the OP shared but for us, Epcot doesn't really take a full day to hit for us so I'm for one glad there's something new to see and enjoy. And of course, I'm glad the stupid walls are coming down. Spring/summer of 2021 was the peak of the epcot walls and it was horrendous.

In my opinion Disney parks need more attractions like this, something without a big line to do midday when it's busiest or to take a break from the line ride line ride cycle for a bit. Not everything needs to be a big attraction. There's more to the theme parks than going from ride to ride. If it's not your cup of tea that's fine but I think there is an audience for this type of attraction.
I agree. I went to DLP a year ago and loved the walk through attractions.

We have really missed our strolls through EPCOT since the construction walls went up so very long ago! Looking forward to walking through this when we arrive next week.

In my opinion Disney parks need more attractions like this, something without a big line to do midday when it's busiest or to take a break from the line ride line ride cycle for a bit. Not everything needs to be a big attraction. There's more to the theme parks than going from ride to ride. If it's not your cup of tea that's fine but I think there is an audience for this type of attraction.
Yes. As a parent of 3 under 6, WDW also needs more unstructured space for kids to safely explore.

I'm excited for things to be completed mostly so the walls will come down.

I am looking forward to JoW because I will be traveling with 5 kids in September so water play area is greatly appreciated!

For those like me that weren't sure what this thread was about, JoW = Journey of Water (aka the new 'Moana' attraction).
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/journey-of-water/
It's funny you say that on our chat we have going with several DISer friends on a different platform, my husband saw MJOW yesterday on our chat and then some photos. Because I knew what the pictures were of I knew what was meant by MJOW but he had zero clue what it was supposed to stand for and was thoroughly confused what he was supposed to be looking at lol. He's still getting the hang of all the Disney lingo :)

I’d be willing to give it a try, but am wondering if there are any benches on the walkways for those who might want to stop and soak it all in (no pun intended)?

I'm kind of disappointed that it won't be opened when we go! I was hoping it and the hatbox ghost in MK would be operational for 1st week of Oct. Not to be. Oh well, will still enjoy our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter