Jon and Kate Plus 8, Official Thread-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
More about gum from last thread.

kate did give them gum when she needed to keep them quiet (on airplanes etc). Jodi watched the kids every Friday and on other occasions, all 6, sometimes 8 and she had kids of her own. Is gum against the law? They chewed it in Jodi's house. Who cares? Kids that age chew for about 3 seconds and then spit it out. It is not earth shattering or child abuse to give a 3 y/o gum (could be a choking hazard and *I* might be upset about that). Do you think Jodi gave them gum just to spite Kate? How about a thank you for free babysitting!

Only time I chew gum is on planes. Helps with the ears popping.

kate did give them gum when she needed to keep them quiet (on airplanes etc). Jodi watched the kids every Friday and on other occasions, all 6, sometimes 8 and she had kids of her own. Is gum against the law? They chewed it in Jodi's house. Who cares? Kids that age chew for about 3 seconds and then spit it out. It is not earth shattering or child abuse to give a 3 y/o gum (could be a choking hazard and *I* might be upset about that). Do you think Jodi gave them gum just to spite Kate? How about a thank you for free babysitting!

I thought they got it on planes to pop their ears. Did she say it was to keep them quiet?

They may have chewed it in Jodi's house, but they got it on their toys and clothes that are coming home. It would have been one thing if Jodi had watched them while they were chewing (for three seconds, right?), then taken the gum or had them spit into the trash.

Kate and Jon have said numerous times (on the air) how appreciative they were of Kevin and Jodi. I'd guess they thanked them off the air, as well.

I just finished watching the reairing of last nights show, I missed it last night. I was struck with how much regret that kate had in regards to their relationship. I have been there myself in her shoes wishing I wasn't the way I was and hoping to make it through and make things better with someone that really doesn't seem t want to work things out with yuu. She just seemed sad to me about the whole mess and powerless.

Jon seems to have already have checked out of the whole thing. He just struck me as being all done and i was wondering if he was contracted to be on the shw this season and that is the only real reason he was there? He seemed bitter about the whole thing and like he wanted to get the point across that this was between him and kate and that he still intended to be a part of things with the kids no matter what. But he seemed disengaged even with the kids at the party. That could of had to do with being there with Kate which was clear to me je didn't want to be.

My marriage ultimately survived with mistakes made on both of our parts. I am hoping that theits can too.I just hope jon can realize that this might be worth working on not just for the kids but bor him and kate as well. He seems to hold all the cards in the deck right now and Kate just strikes me as efeated and remorseful, very different from what I have seen from the marathon over the weekend. I know she said she was angry but to me it seemed like jon was the angry one.

They said the only time the kids got gum was on airplanes also. I think it had more to do with ear popping than "keeping them quiet".

Happygirl, I do not think Jodie did it to undermine Kate. I think she honestly did not know whether they could have it or not. They brought it to her and asked for some. She questioned them and they lied and said "mommy let's us have it". Maybe they meant, "on a plane" but still, she then gave it to them and, well, 6 little ones with gum is a nightmare waiting to happen. I was surprised jodie allowed it in her own home, LOL, what was she thinking?!

I would have been livid if someone gave my kids gum at 3.

Ok...I got a request for a puppy pic....and I must oblige!!! :goodvibes

We went to a state park and had a picnic yesterday...

25may21.jpg

They said the only time the kids got gum was on airplanes also. I think it had more to do with ear popping than "keeping them quiet".

Happygirl, I do not think Jodie did it to undermine Kate. I think she honestly did not know whether they could have it or not. They brought it to her and asked for some. She questioned them and they lied and said "mommy let's us have it". Maybe they meant, "on a plane" but still, she then gave it to them and, well, 6 little ones with gum is a nightmare waiting to happen. I was surprised jodie allowed it in her own home, LOL, what was she thinking?!
I agree gum is a mess waiting to happen lol I can image all those kid with gum in there hair

Is it a Saint Bernard

Corgi-Border Collie we think. We know his mom is a corgi, but they aren't 100% on the dad. He's 9 1/2 weeks and just hit 11 pounds...he'll probably be in the 40-60 pound range....not St Bernard size thankfully!!

The thing that got me was Kate called to tell Jodi no more gum when you watch the kids, OK? Kate was terribly pissed off but was nice enough amid the anger during the call. Jodi, though, tells Kate on the phone that the kids "got into the gum". Like they got it and chewed it w/o her knowing until it was too late. It didn't happen the way Jodi said.

I am sure once jodi saw kate's reaction on TV that jodie was pissed off. And once kate saw how it all really happened, she was probably pissed again.

If there were no cameras around we would not have know Jodi lied to kate nor we would have seen kate in the middle of her rant. They might even still be friendly to this day...

I thought they got it on planes to pop their ears. Did she say it was to keep them quiet?

They may have chewed it in Jodi's house, but they got it on their toys and clothes that are coming home. It would have been one thing if Jodi had watched them while they were chewing (for three seconds, right?), then taken the gum or had them spit into the trash.

Kate and Jon have said numerous times (on the air) how appreciative they were of Kevin and Jodi. I'd guess they thanked them off the air, as well.

Has Kate ever overreacted about something that was really nothing? I just see the big picture...SIL who takes her 6 kids once a week so she can have a break. If she gave them gum every week, then you can be mad. It did not warrent screaming IMO, and certainly not to be preserved for all of eternity on youtube. I just don't sweat the small stuff.

Do you have kids?? If you do and someone was babysitting them you would be okay with them letting your kids do whatever they wanted just because they were there and it's not against the law?

First of all If someone was watching my kids they better do what I tell them to do with them I love how you think it's okay for Jodi to go aganist Kate wishes about gum nothing like undermind a parent:sad2::sad2:

Do you have any proof that it was free babysitting.

If someone was willing to watch my 6 young children along w/ 4? of their own, I would be a little more understanding than she was for sure. I don't think Kate ever said "don't give them gum" but who knows. And no, I'm not perfect but I'd like to think I'm respectful of other peoples feelings and appreciative when things are done for me.

Has Kate ever overreacted about something that was really nothing? I just see the big picture...SIL who takes her 6 kids once a week so she can have a break. If she gave them gum every week, then you can be mad. It did not warrent screaming IMO, and certainly not to be preserved for all of eternity on youtube. I just don't sweat the small stuff.

Everything is saved on youtube forever

You've been around this thread long enough to know we hash out the details. You yourself pointed out the "small stuff" detail about gum on planes.

Just because someone does you favors doesn't mean you aren't allowed to be upset. Have you never overreacted about something that was really nothing? Has someone who does nice things for you never made you mad? Think of something that only kind of bugs you. Multiply it by eight.

If someone was willing to watch my 6 young children along w/ 4? of their own, I would be a little more understanding than she was for sure. I don't think Kate ever said "don't give them gum" but who knows. And no, I'm not perfect but I'd like to think I'm respectful of other peoples feelings and appreciative when things are done for me.
We will just agree to disagree :goodvibes:goodvibes

When my SIL watched my TWO (only two) children I thanked her profusely, brought her an iced cappuccino, and returned the favor. I couldn't have cared a bit if they were chewing gum, covered in mud, wearing their shoes on the wrong feet, etc. It's a favor. It's a blessing and a gift for a mom with young kids to get a break, even if it was just to go to the dentist or get a haircut twice a year (which was the case for me). Giving my children gum is not a big deal to me. I guess I saw the big picture and was grateful for her taking time out of her day and schedule to spend time with my children. That's more important than gum to me. But to each her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter