Jollywood Nights-Hearing Some Negative Feedback...

We (two adults, two teens) went on the Monday before Thanksgiving. We had a great time. I think part of our satisfaction was because we bought the tickets instead of regular day tickets, and this was our only HS time. So we got the great holiday vibe, rode some favorite rides with short waits, saw the shows, saw some characters, took a couple of pics. It was a total success of an evening at HS.

Was it overpriced? I thought so, but our evening was sold out so Econ 101 says it was not overpriced.

If we had already had a whole day in that park would it have been worth it? Definitely not. If we were regular visitors to the park and just wanted to experience the extra party stuff, probably would have been disappointed.

So I think it depends on what you're looking for. As an after-hours event, it was OK. As a special adult-centric party, it was not.

The weather looks like it is going to be pretty awful on Saturday for the party. :( I know that the first Jollywood had rain but that was just a disaster in general. Does anyone have info on moving some of the character meet and greets and other activities. I haven't really seen a rain plan. We will still have a good time and plan on bringing ponchos and rain boots

Attachments

• 2023-12-13_12-39-49.jpg
    2023-12-13_12-39-49.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 7
I've got tix for Jollywood Saturday night and the weather looks bad. I'm trying to decide if I should go anyway or skip it and do a resort night or go to dinner at Disney Springs. I'm excited for Jollywood but it seems like it will be pretty un-fun if it's rainy and cold. Does anyone have a good plan for how to do Jollywood in the Rain?

I've got tix for Jollywood Saturday night and the weather looks bad. I'm trying to decide if I should go anyway or skip it and do a resort night or go to dinner at Disney Springs. I'm excited for Jollywood but it seems like it will be pretty un-fun if it's rainy and cold. Does anyone have a good plan for how to do Jollywood in the Rain?
If it was me and I had the option to do resort night or DS night instead of a rainy Jollywood, I would play it by ear and perhaps let your tix go unused and then call to apply to future purchase of After Hours Event.

We are flying in Friday night just for the Saturday Jollywood and Sunday MVMCP so we don't really have a choice. We are stuck so are planning on packing our rain boots, ponchos. It doesn't look like it is going to be cold, which that is hopefully a plus.

We are flying in Friday night just for the Saturday Jollywood and Sunday MVMCP so we don't really have a choice. We are stuck so are planning on packing our rain boots, ponchos. It doesn't look like it is going to be cold, which that is hopefully a plus.

not sure if they'll be enough time but Amazon sells rain coats as opposed to ponchos. You get two for around $11. They don't blow up in the wind and keep you much drier. Just a thought. ;)

We were at Jollywood on the 6th, our only HS day, and used the party to specifically ride attractions new to us like MMRW, SDD, ROTR, SR. It was cold but we had a great time. ROTR was down for quite a bit at the start of the party so we were glad we got to experience it. We did SDD and TSMM twice and also rode RNRC. I did have the tiramisu over by the Muppet theatre and it was delicious.

I was at Jollywood Nov 29th, here's a quick summary of what we did:
  • Entered the park right around 7:10 using Disney transportation, 5 minute wait to check in.
  • Went right to Galaxy's Edge, waited about 20 minutes for Rise and 30 minutes for Slinky Dog. Adding in the length of Rise, this put us right around the party start time.
  • Met Frozone and Powerline Max in the Pixar area with basically no wait.
  • Waited 3 minutes for the Gertie Cookie with ice cream.
  • Waited 5 minutes for the Korean fried chicken funnel cake.
  • Walked right into the preshow for Runaway Railway
  • Grabbed some drinks at dockside diner, about a 5 minute wait
  • Saw the second Holidays in Hollywood show. We arrived 20 minutes before showtime and sat in the 4th row of the side section.
  • After that, we got another drink and watched the Tower projections.
  • Three rides on Rock n Roller Coaster, it was a walk on and they didn't bother rolling the preshow
  • One ride on Tower of Terror, walker right in to the preshow and waited one cycle for the elevator
  • Grabbed drinks at the tip top club
  • Rode Midway Mania, 5 minute wait
  • Saw the last Nightmare Before Christmas singalong of the evening
  • One ride on Swirling Saucers, walk on
  • Three rides on Slinky Dog, 10 minute wait for the first ride and then two walk ons. Last ride ended right at 12:30
  • Watched the fireworks from in front of the theater. It was easy to get a last minute spot.

To summarize, we got a lot done, but also felt rushed the entire night. As soon as we got off one ride, it was on to the next thing. We also didn't bother waiting for any special characters. It's not a substitution for a full day at studios with Genie+, but if you really enjoy Christmas shows and characters, I think it's worth the upgrade.

Last edited:
I was at Jollywood Nov 29th, here's a quick summary of what we did:
  • Entered the park right around 7:10 using Disney transportation, 5 minute wait to check in.
  • Went right to Galaxy's Edge, waited about 20 minutes for Rise and 30 minutes for Slinky Dog. Adding in the length of Rise, this put us right around the party start time.
  • Met Frozone and Powerline Max in the Pixar area with basically no wait.
  • Waited 3 minutes for the Gertie Cookie with ice cream.
  • Waited 5 minutes for the Korean fried chicken funnel cake.
  • Walked right into the preshow for Runaway Railway
  • Grabbed some drinks at dockside diner, about a 5 minute wait
  • Saw the second Holidays in Hollywood show. We arrived 20 minutes before showtime and sat in the 4th row of the side section.
  • After that, we got another drink and watched the Tower projections.
  • Three rides on Rock n Roller Coaster, it was a walk on and they didn't bother rolling the preshow
  • One ride on Tower of Terror, walker right in to the preshow and waited one cycle for the elevator
  • Grabbed drinks at the tip top club
  • Rode Midway Mania, 5 minute wait
  • Saw the last Nightmare Before Christmas singalong of the evening
  • One ride on Swirling Saucers, walk on
  • Three rides on Slinky Dog, 10 minute wait for the first ride and then two walk ons. Last ride ended right at 12:30
  • Watched the fireworks from in front of the theater. It was easy to get a last minute spot.
In summary, we got a lot done, but also felt rushed the entire night. As soon as we got off one ride, it was on to the next thing. We also didn't bother waiting for any special characters. It's not a substitution for a full day at studios with Genie+, but if you really enjoy Christmas shows and characters, I think it's worth the upgrade.
Can you enter the park at 7:10 if you only have a Jollywood ticket? i.e. we don't have Park Hoppers and our reservation on Wednesday is at Animal Kingdom.

Hopefully you are able to enjoy the party. It's also supposed to be windy, so I don't know how that will impact things. Sunday during the day is supposed to be crummy, but start calming down by evening so with luck it doesn't affect MVMCP too much.

The weather looks like it is going to be pretty awful on Saturday for the party. :( I know that the first Jollywood had rain but that was just a disaster in general. Does anyone have info on moving some of the character meet and greets and other activities. I haven't really seen a rain plan. We will still have a good time and plan on bringing ponchos and rain boots
I am also really worried about the weather being too extreme during Jollywood Nights tonight. TBH I dont think it would be fun to be caught in a thunderstorm with my family in the parks during the night. If I had the chance of not going and just getting a refund, I would definitely do that, but I believe that is not an option offered by Disney at the moment. So right now my plan is to go out this morning and buy waterproof shoes for everybody (we didnt bring any), pack our ponchos and umbrellas and just hope for the best. Also, for the next few hours, I am trying to keep myself as well informed as I can.
What would be the best way to get updated information/alerts, both from Disney and from the government, regarding the rain/thunderstorm tonight? I am already following a couple of weather apps (Accuweather, The Weather Channel) for hourly predictions.
Thanks in advance!!

I am also really worried about the weather being too extreme during Jollywood Nights tonight. TBH I dont think it would be fun to be caught in a thunderstorm with my family in the parks during the night. If I had the chance of not going and just getting a refund, I would definitely do that, but I believe that is not an option offered by Disney at the moment. So right now my plan is to go out this morning and buy waterproof shoes for everybody (we didnt bring any), pack our ponchos and umbrellas and just hope for the best. Also, for the next few hours, I am trying to keep myself as well informed as I can.
What would be the best way to get updated information/alerts, both from Disney and from the government, regarding the rain/thunderstorm tonight? I am already following a couple of weather apps (Accuweather, The Weather Channel) for hourly predictions.
Thanks in advance!!
I’ve got tix for tonight also and have the same questions//concerns. Is there a way to contact Disney without being in the park? If I go to guest services on Sunday with an unused Saturday night jollywood pass will they give me a refund for Saturday night’s weather?

I’ve got tix for tonight also and have the same questions//concerns. Is there a way to contact Disney without being in the park? If I go to guest services on Sunday with an unused Saturday night jollywood pass will they give me a refund for Saturday night’s weather?
Right now weatherman Denis Phillips is saying the worst weather won't hit until around 11ish in terms of it getting really windy and stormy, but the forecast still calls for rain pretty much from noon on today. I saw that Universal already announced Volcano Bay is closed today and tomorrow due to the weather.

I'm not sure Disney's history on weather and whether they ever cancel special ticketed events due to weather, but you kind of have to wonder why they don't just call it at this point. I get that they want to make their money, but Jollywood really doesn't need another bad PR night.

If you do not attend the party, the ticket will "expire" and the value can be put toward a future, hard-ticket event (MVMCP, MNSSHP), etc. Just make sure you have your ticket order number in case the ticket disappears from your MDE account.

Right now weatherman Denis Phillips is saying the worst weather won't hit until around 11ish in terms of it getting really windy and stormy, but the forecast still calls for rain pretty much from noon on today. I saw that Universal already announced Volcano Bay is closed today and tomorrow due to the weather.

I'm not sure Disney's history on weather and whether they ever cancel special ticketed events due to weather, but you kind of have to wonder why they don't just call it at this point. I get that they want to make their money, but Jollywood really doesn't need another bad PR night.
I would anticipate that unless it is dangerous to be outside that Disney will continue with the party. Guests have the option to attend or not attend and have a credit for a future party added to their account.

We were supposed to go to Jollywood Nights tonight but with the weather/tornado warnings we just weren’t feeling it. I called this am and the CM was able to change our tickets to Monday 12/18. Just sharing in case anyone else is feeling the same!

Denis Phillips and Mike’s Weather Page are my go to weather sites. Denis is based in the Tampa Bay Area. For the Orlando area, I have many friends that use WESH 2 News.

My son works tonight til 11:30pm. I’m hoping he gets out early.

Denis Phillips and Mike’s Weather Page are my go to weather sites. Denis is based in the Tampa Bay Area. For the Orlando area, I have many friends that use WESH 2 News.

My son works tonight til 11:30pm. I’m hoping he gets out early.
I think my son works tonight (at DHS) as well...probably indoor.

Do you think they'd move the character meet and greets inside somewhere? Is the show with Kermit and Miss Piggy in a theatre that isn't covered (seats) for rain? Also wondering where they'd put the DJ's and the bands that are outside.
I went last week - not going tonight - but those are the things I'd wonder about. Rides operating outside (Slinky) could be closed.

Might be that kind of party where even if you go, you'd get a credit for the event - like we did a rained out MNSSHP one year - but you can't know that for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter