• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jollywood Nights-Hearing Some Negative Feedback...

Best Vlogger in my opinion. Here is his review. FYI he was removed from the Disney Media List for being negative about Disney and calling out what they are doing wrong lately, so the opinion is real and not " I hope disney likes me and keeps giving me free things, so heres a good review "
Nice review, thanks.

I'm looking forward to doing this in early December.

Best Vlogger in my opinion. Here is his review. FYI he was removed from the Disney Media List for being negative about Disney and calling out what they are doing wrong lately, so the opinion is real and not " I hope disney likes me and keeps giving me free things, so heres a good review "
Looks like they worked to resolve some of the issues. Even looked like they had ropes up to mark out the line for the Muppets show - which we did not see on the first night and made it confusing navigating that area.

Nobody will call me back. I finally got an e-mail from the department that is handling this and I was hoping they would call me this weekend (CM said her hours were 10 am - 4 pm both Saturday and Sunday), but I didn't receive a call. I was told it may take up to 3 weeks to get a phone call. Honestly, I don't know what is worse, the party experience or the utter lack of customer service. I tried calling the number in her e-mail and it goes to some strange, internal phone system.
Just call it credit card and dispute the charge. At least have that as a backup.

Just call it credit card and dispute the charge. At least have that as a backup.

That's not good advice. It is a perfect way to discourage Disney from working with anyone who is looking for a refund.

The ticket was sold as non-refundable. Dispute the charge, and all Disney has to do is present the terms and conditions that you agreed to at time of purchase and you will lose that dispute.

Better to be polite but persistent in efforts to convince Disney to provide a refund or credit for future event.

In a sign of just how bad the buzz around this thing is, last night’s event was not sold out, and they made several announcements at closing (including sign placement) that tickets were available for sale. To have a party night be available for purchase (Thanksgiving Week of all times!) is unheard of in recent years. Yesterday was an overall crowd level 9 in WDW according to touringplans, so not selling out the party is a pretty ominous sign for Disney.

In a sign of just how bad the buzz around this thing is, last night’s event was not sold out, and they made several announcements at closing (including sign placement) that tickets were available for sale. To have a party night be available for purchase (Thanksgiving Week of all times!) is unheard of in recent years. Yesterday was an overall crowd level 9 in WDW according to touringplans, so not selling out the party is a pretty ominous sign for Disney.
I'm hoping people believe the bad press and don't research how they fixed it because our party is next Monday. From what's been reported for the last two parties, the food lines have been reduced and rare characters have been added. They even seemed to fix Brown Derby which I have no interest in. The TipTop Club got extra bartenders and two lines. I can't wait

We're still going! Our friends have never seen the newer version of Hollywood Studios so this would be a great opportunity for them. You can't judge an event from a video. Things always look better in person.

I’m not surprised the 2nd JN did not sell out. People on the fence still weren’t sure if improvements would be made.

Interest may grow now that Party 2 was more successful. It’s in WDW’s hands. Make sure these next parties work and maybe more tickets will sell for December. Turning this all around in 2023 could sell the tickets in 2024.

We're still going, too. We took a wait-and-see approach until after the second JN. We were never interested in the HBD, but we were attracted to the description of the Tip Top Club. Now we might skip that or just take a brief stop there. The alcoholic beverages didn't appeal to us from the beginning, and we won't pay for the Gertie cookie which should be given for free to all attendees.

We're still going! Our friends have never seen the newer version of Hollywood Studios so this would be a great opportunity for them. You can't judge an event from a video. Things always look better in person.
Let us know what you think. I was at the first party and have friends who went to the 2nd and 3rd and consensus even after last night is there is not enough to do and the event is not ready for prime time. If your goal is to stroll, see DHS in general and just go on rides, you may be golden.

I'm like, Disney take my money. And please use it towards going from Blue Sky to Terra Firma for all your planned projects!

I hope this party survives and comes back next year much improved.

I called regular Customer Service to ask about a refund or credit. Although the CM remained polite and professional, I could definitely hear a slightly stressed tone of voice the second I said the word "Jollywood". I was denied a refund. However, the CM told me that unused Special Event tickets may be used for a future Special Event. To redeem for future event, call Customer Service. They will access the unused tix in your My Disney Experience and convert them to the new Special Event. I was like "Really?".... but yeah, that's what she said. If that's actually the case, I'd be fine converting these tickets to a future MNSSHP. (I did ask if I could covert the Special Event tix to some other upcharge like a Dessert Party, and she said no, it has to be for another Special Event)
When my friend couldn’t make MNSSHP last year she was told the value paid for the unused ticket could be used toward any future ticket purchase (special event or normal ticket), all she would need is the confirmation number (don’t lose that or depend on MDE to keep it for you!) and then to call Disney for purchasing the new ticket.

When my friend couldn’t make MNSSHP last year she was told the value paid for the unused ticket could be used toward any future ticket purchase (special event or normal ticket), all she would need is the confirmation number (don’t lose that or depend on MDE to keep it for you!) and then to call Disney for purchasing the new ticket.
I received the same information as sdk1231 from a CM that I could only use the value of the JN tickets toward another special event. I was hoping to use it toward an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter