Jollywood Nights For Just The Rides?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about doing the Jollywood nights for strictly the rides. We have done the after hours events at this park and loved the low lines for the rides. Am I correct that this event does not include any food or drink for free? Also, it mentions dressing up. Do people really do this? We are not interested in any of the other events that are going on during this party, just the rides. So I am wondering if it is worth it.

I have seen some really bad reviews so am a little frightened.

Reports even for the disastrous first night were it was good for doing rides so I’d think you’d be fine. As long as you’re cool with possibly missing ROTR. Betting on ROTR to be operating after a day of park operations is a real flip of a coin- heck betting on that ride operating at any specific time is a flip of a coin.

Lots of people were dressed up last night. It was fun and festive! Waits seemed pretty low all around—maybe 40 or less—so that could be a good strategy.

The only unknown is the crowd number. The event last night was sold out and it’s anyone’s guess how many people may have canceled tickets due to poor reviews. So will other nights have a similar size crowd? TBD!

Honestly, that seems all that Jollywood Nights is good for... super low ride wait times. Almost everything was 10 minutes or less when we did it except for Slinky (25 min) and Rise (8pm Virtual Queue). Rise only took 15 min once our boarding group was called and we actually entered.

Wait time question has been answered, for the food question, there is no free food or drinks. It's not like an after hours event. There is a lot of Jollywood Nights specific food, however it is at a cost.

I was there the first night and they have done some tweaks, so YMMV, however, the rides were walk-ons and most of the lands (Toy Story and Galaxy's Edge) were desolate. If anyone wants to walk through a virtually empty Galaxy's Edge, this is the event to do it! It is a short event, however (only, technically, 4 hours long), so definitely arrive prior to when they will let you in (7 pm) to take full advantage of your ticket and don't forget RoTR is a VQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter