Join me in my boycott (please ignore if you live in a warm state)

Hey we are supposed to get 4 inches of snow in Atlanta tomorrow so I don't wanna hear about your minus temps. LOL:lmao:

Another Maineah here, in the Western Foot Hills. As ready as I am fro spring this year hasn't seemed as bad. I just keep remembering 2 things...:idea:

1. Every other day last year we seemed to get a few inches. Atleast this year when we get snow we get walloped :scared: and then have a few nices days in a row. :)

2. In 4 years we are moving south! :woohoo: And yesterday we bought the Travel Trailer we will live once down there.:cool1: Come on graduation day 2013!:banana:

Ugh, after just spending an hour shoveling and then even after a nice shower, my face not fully heating back up to normal temp--I'm with you!!!
Three more days, three more days to 70* weather!

As I've gotten older, it has gotten worse. My father had 48 states to pick from, why settle in Ohio. Staying cooped up for 4 months waiting for spring and summer is a waste of my precious few years. We just returned for WDW past January, left Ohio at 15 degrees and a foot of snow to arrive in Kissimmee to 80 degree sunny weather. Somethings wrong with this picture. You don't have to shovel sunshine. Fantastic trips only to return back to Ohio, colder than when we left and an additional foot of new snow only to drag our suitcases thru it to the car and scrape a foot of ice and snow off the entire car. Now that was a month ago and the awful weather is still here. I've just about had enough, need to shed the coats and boots, smell grass and dirt, see trees with greenery on them, I feel this has been the longest winter ever and there's more to come. Yeah, I feel for all of you, ought to be a freedom train to scoop up all us miserable northerners and haul us to Florida and then bring us back when the north thaws out, "all aboard".

New Englander here.
it is beyond cold for me.
waaaaay too much snow. and talking about a blizzard tomorrow! it's the last day of february and we are still getting major snow.
will june ever come.?
i need to go to florida. badly!

Great - thanks FargoMan - I'm heading to Fargo tomorrow and just got back from Green Bay. Nice snowstorm there this week. When I left MN it was 45 degrees and of course, I pulled my winter boots from the car. I should have known better. Have a great time on your trip and soak up all the warmth you can!

In Arkansas we have the crazy weather that goes from 70 degrees one day to 40 degrees the next. Plus when it gets cold enough for it to snow, it rarely does. I much prefer warmer weather and can't wait for that Florida sun in 3 weeks!

I've been ready to join the boycott a long time ago. I agree this has been so far the longest, coldest, snowiest, worst winter I can remember in my 52 years of living. I am so sick of it and wish it was all over with!! I am another one who is threating not to return when we go on our vacation in a few weeks to Florida.

DH and DD will just have to get along without me.

Hey Nik's Mom,

Welcome to OPKS! I'm right here with ya (I live in south Overland Park). :goodvibes I hate to tell you, but this winter has actually been pretty mild for us this year. By next year, you'll be more used to our weird weather roller coaster. Have a great time in the Florida sun! :cloud9: OP - hang in there; it can't last forever. :thumbsup2

Hi! Wow, another person from the same town. Small world! We just spent the last hour clearing the snow off of our driveway and porch. Now I'm really looking forward to a vacation in Florida!

I'm in Ohio has been miserable this winter. I think Jan. was 0ne inch short of the record for the month. I'm all in for your boycott.

We have a winter storm advisory for tomorrow night BUT tomorrow morning I fly to Fort Lauderdale for a few days & then Disney so I leave the family behind to shovel.

listen, I know the title o fthe thread told me to ignore if I live in warm weather...I had to laugh because this morning I was hoping for cooler weather!!

I live on the face of the sun...(Phoenix Arizona..lol)

it's 84 right now...and I have the a/c on already in the house! It's too warm for feb! Should be a nice 72....lol

I hope all of you in the east warm up soon, I'll try and send you some sunshine!! :goodvibes

Hey I'm with you we live in the frozen north and will be in Disney in ONE week... YEA...;) :thumbsup2

I am officially on board...

To he!! with all this cold and white stuff...

I personally feel like whoever decided to settle anywhere north of the Mason Dixon line must have been at least borderline INSANE!!! Ugh, I HATE HATE HATE cold!!!!!! If it could only be 80 degrees year round....

So add my name to the boycott!!!

I live in St. Paul, MN. I was officially tired of winter a few weeks ago. We had a warm snap and I was one of "those guys" you see in a pair shorts when it gets above freezing. I got sick.

Anyway, I was walking to the store and I saw my neighbor outside firing up his grill to cook some brats. I stopped and talked to him and we both agreed it was time for spring.

I applaud all of you warm hearted souls who will stand united in the face of frostbite, hypothermia, and the sniffles to give old man winter a hearty "up yours!"

Chicago suburbs. Everyone here is done with winter for the year. You hear it all the time. We have been setting all kinds of cold records, longest snow on the ground records in January etc. This has been a really bad year although it is a toasty 25 here right now. Enough already. We don't go back to WDW till Sept!

Oh, dear. I know I wasn't allowed to read this thread but I read it anyhow.

The good news is that with all you folk boycotting winter, I might be able to buy some for myself on the cheap!
Here's hoping for snow here in South Carolina. Some of the local weathermen are all up in a tizzy because they say it might "snow" here tomorrow. Sure ... I don't count 3 flakes as snow! :santa:

I live about 500 yards from Lake Erie..Im buying an annual pass on pepe's train..It isnt so much the cold for me as it is the clouds. Just day after day of gray..Cant stand it anymore..And im only 35!

Sorry about the cold weather up north.It was sunny and 75 here today in Florida. Have a fun and warm trip!
I'm sorry Stardebby but if I was there, I would just have to ignore someone that had such perfect weather! :rolleyes: We haven't had the really crummy weather that Fargoman has had, but we have a few days of super weather to tease us and we think "Ah, Spring" and then we get a night like last night where it gets below 30 and today's windchill is supposed to be 17! Of course the wind has been howling!!!!!But, hey, the sun is shining so at least it is pretty outside! You just can't go out and do anything without blowing away to Kansas! Go figure. I know spring is coming tho, it alway does, right?

Everybody can relax because I ordered Spring and it should be here soon. I actually thought that it might have arrived by now but I'm guessing that it got held up at the border (we're in Canada). Yes I too am sick of winter and I'm counting down the 56 days until we're in the Sunshine State!! At least we have something to look forward to ...
Mo

Thank you for your order of Spring! What kind of package shall I be looking for?:rolleyes: You see, I have been watching for warm weather and had a few days of that then it turned freezing again. I watched for my flowers and shrubs to start to green out and they did that (probably froze out last night tho!). My tulips are up (not blooming of course) and I have seen quite a few cardinals. What am I missing? Give me my Spring, please!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Did you send it C.O.D because I will happlily pay the postage :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter