Johnny Depp on POTC ride?

I heard a rumor that Johnny Depp is supposed to be at WDW around the release of the next Pirates film. Some friends of mine are going to WDW around Memorial Day and said that they heard he would be there, probably to promote the film. So who knows maybe he will be "in" the ride at the Magic Kingdom. FWIW I have no solid proof as this didn't come from a super reliable source, but I think it would be really cool!

According to Jim Hill in his POTC Disney Dish Podcast Jonny Depp has on at least 3 occasions slipped in to play Jack Sparrow in the Disneyland Version of POTC. He would pretend to be an AA in the Jail Scene, and then come to life.

My daughter worked with an ex-cast member that said Mr. Depp did appear as Jack at a MNSSHP on more than one occasion. As a meet and great---in his hat. Normally the meet and great does not include the hat. Don't know how true this is but it would be cool and the very first Jack Sparrow at WDW did look and sound remarkably like Jack Sparrow in the movie.

He did come out next to HoP and jump on the pirates float at the halloween party several years ago... That was pretty neat to see!

He was at DL all dressed up yesterday. Several different videos are all over the internet.

Yes, just saw that. So funny that it would happen just a few weeks after I posted this question!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter