John and Kevin's California / Hawaiian (working) Vacation News

Glad you understand how easy it is to fall in love with the islands.

Alex thought I was nutty to want to constantly return to vacation there when it's so far from the NYC area (I've been more than a dozen times)....until I got him to go.

Needless to say he spoke of our next trip back on day two of our first trip :cool1:

On our second trip we explored all the other islands and can't wait to go back yet again...it's nice to hear that they will waive parking fees for DVC members. John is completely right; most resorts charge $30 daily for parking over there or roll it into their "resort fee" or nightly rate. Just because it's Disney doesn't mean they won't conform to the local standard pricing practices...there's probably some law they have on the books regarding tourism related fees and taxes, etc. It's the bread and butter of the islands.

Can't wait to go back!!! :thumbsup2

Self parking for DVC members staying on points is free. It is $25 per night for hotel guests. Valet parking will be available at an additional charge but they did not know how much yet.

Thanks John. I was mainly interested in how they would handle DVC, the free parking at all resorts has always been nice :)

As far as the "charging parking fee at same time as charging $500 night for a room" debate, we better not fire that one up or else you know that thread will spin off into taking kids out of school for Disney trips, reusing refillable mugs, using DVC points to book cruises... (SShhhh! let's let those sleeping dogs lie) :rolleyes1

If you're visiting the North Shore, stop by Matsumotos for some shave ice (& be sure to get it with ice cream in the bottom!). Yum! And even though they look a little questionable, try one of the roadside shrimp places. Mackey's right outside of Hailewa is good!

If you play your cards right maybe we'll come back soon :rotfl:

And maybe we can get some of our DIS Friends to join us :banana:
You know, I was actually planning on going to Hawaii next year for my vacation, one way or another...

:yay:

Sayhello

We spent our last day shopping.

We went to the Waikele outlets and bought new luggage.

Ok.... we bought too much stuff and this was cheaper than shipping stuff home and we have new Samsonite luggage.

We then went to Target and boy,,, was it a hoot. The parking garage multi storied and had an elevator. I has to buy new headphones for the plane ride. I lost mine somewhere. I also bought a really cool serving tray. Hey....why not? I have new luggage.

After that, we went to Hermes where we were followed around like we were thieves.

Hermes is famous for making saddles.

I tried on cologne that made me smell like I should be wearing a saddle.

We decided we didnt need the $1700.00 belt.

We went to Cartier and tried on stuff.

We are now watching the sunset at Dukes.

I've had a few "Tropical Itches" and am a bit buzzed.

Packing should be fun.

Homeward bound tomorrow.

I am so happy you had a grand time. Looking forward to more pics and news about it. Safe travels! :)

Hope you bought a pair of Bose QC15's to replace your lost headphones. Val got a pair for her birthday - very light and more comfortable than her QC3's.

I haven't read the whole thread but look forward to hearing about your trip on the podcast. I was planning on going to Aulani next year for DD's graduation.

Sitting in Honolulu airport.

We have a six hour flight to LA and then a five hour flight to Orlando.

It's been an amazing trip.

I'm glad to hear that you guys enjoyed Hawaii so much! I'm taking my family there in November and was a little nervous since I haven't been there in about 20 years. We'll be on Maui, but I'm hoping to stay at Aulani one day! I hope your super long plane trip goes smoothly. That's even a little longer than our trips to Orlando!

Sitting in Honolulu airport.

We have a six hour flight to LA and then a five hour flight to Orlando.

It's been an amazing trip.

Hope you have one of those lay-flat sleeper seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter