Joffreys vs Starbucks

• Joffreys

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Starbucks

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters
Joffrey’s - my DD20 and I both enjoy getting something from their place in the TTA, Tomorrowland and by the United States (EPCOT).

My DD does enjoy Starbucks, but the lines at Starbucks are always insanely long. I always tell her that if she wants to wait, that’s fine, but I’m not waiting with her. I don’t go to WDW to wait around for coffee - not happening. She doesn’t want to wait either, so Joffrey’s is our place 🙂👍🏻

I guess I should have clarified. I do not go to WDW to wait in line for coffee either. The only place I have Starbucks is at home when DH sneaks a bag in. Or in our DVC villa when he does the grocery run and sneaks a bag of Starbucks in rather than the Gevalia I prefer or even just plain old Folgers.

Men....I tell ya.

the lines at Starbucks are always insanely long. I always tell her that if she wants to wait, that’s fine, but I’m not waiting with her. I don’t go to WDW to wait around for coffee -
THIS exactly! I was standing by the Joffrey's cart at the TOT exit last week and opted to walk to Starbuck's. Stood in line for about 3 minutes and decided to go back to the Joffrey's cart. Ain't nobody got time for that on a WDW trip;)

Joffrey's served black. It is one of the things I look forward to when staying on property. Opening those sealed bags and then smelling the grounds is pure bliss.

Not a coffee drinker but I love the huge fluffy donuts at Joffrey’s. 😁

I don't drink coffee either, but I do like some of Joffrey's tea drinks. One time they had a seasonal caramel-apple chai latte that was one of the best thing I ever had. I think I got it at the Tomorrowland stand. I wish they would bring that back! The donuts are good too.

While Disneyland may not have a bunch of Joffery coffee carts, I am pretty sure that it is the coffee you get when you get a coffee anywhere in the parks & hotels except the Starbucks locations.

When at Disney I just make a point to go to Joffrey's if I'm getting any coffee type drink. I can have Starbucks any day. I've been enjoying most bags of coffee I've bought from Joffrey's recently at home.

Yeah - Ive often thought about that but its a lot of hassle in luggage on a plane.

Almost got one of these on the last trip - they use pods but at least its not the KCups (can use ground as well I just noticed)
https://www.amazon.com/stores/BeYou...ef_=ast_bln&store_ref=bl_ast_dp_brandLogo_sto

I've seen it on sale and with what I spend on coffees on one trip it will probably pay for it self.
I had a car for all of my trips recently so it wasn't too difficult to pack a coffee maker and bottles of water (the Florida tap water is too gross for coffee IMO). I'll be flying for my next trip so I plan on skipping coffee. It isn't a necessity for me on vacation.

I'm a huge pumpkin spice fan and I did try the bagged pumpkin spice from Joffreys and ended up throwing it out after 1 cup. Hands down the worst pumpkin spice coffee I've ever had.

I guess, technically I pick whichever is closest, but when in the parks (WDW) i always pick Joffreys over Starbucks, but when at home there is no Joffreys option. (and at DLR, i try to go to Joffreys cart in DCA at least once a day)

I voted other. My favorite coffee is out of my Jura machine made with Peet's Major Dickinson beans.

I voted other. My favorite coffee is out of my Jura machine made with Peet's Major Dickinson beans.
I hear ya, but you don't make that when you go to the parks... or do you? (maybe i should have stated it was about the parks. lol)

Personally my fav is Philz, but they don't have them close enough to me, but whenever i get the chance i do.
Oooh, and now i see there is one in Old Towne Orange, might have to make the trek next time im at the park.

Old Towne Orange​

202 N Glassell St
Orange, CA 92866

Both are eww....Do I have to choose one? 😂 Both are bad so if we really need a boost while in the parks, then it's whichever is the closest and more convenient. I am a coffee snob and I travel w/ my own coffee sometimes.

For those who can taste the burnt in Starbucks coffee...ding ding ding!! Yep their coffee beans are WAY OVER roasted! Not everyone can taste it and I can tell you from personal experience that I couldn't taste that burnt for yearsss even though many people told me the same thing. It was fine for me and also free coffee at work. Then, one random day I was drinking the same exact drip coffee as I normally do, I took a sip and I was like...ewww why does it taste burnt? Then I realized....OOHHHH this is what everyone talks about! Ever since then, I couldn't not taste the burnt! This applies to black coffee only or straight espresso shots though. You wouldn't be able to taste that if you use lotsa sugar/milk or enjoy the foo foo coffees only, unless you're a Q grader.

Where I am from...Starbucks has a reputation and not a good one, locals have a nickname for them...ready?! CHARRBUCKS!! :rotfl2:

I hope no one here uses Charrbucks beans for their espresso machine. But if you do and you love your espresso machine, STOP using their beans immediately! You will thank me later for this advice.

Joffreys, I'm not a fan of Starbucks. I agree with others on the burnt taste and since I only drink hot black coffee, Starbucks cold with all the add ins holds no appeal to me. I won't even step foot in there. I go out of my way in HS to find some sort of alternative breakfast since Starbucks seems to be the only place you can get a quick sandwich. I stay at Dolphin a lot and they have Starbucks in the room. I bring my own little pods (they don't use Keurig type machines, they use the kind that have little pod like packets). I will occasionally drink the tea they leave in the room but only if I've used all my own bags and haven't been able to get to Twinnings in Epcot. I bring my own tea bags with me as well.

I hope no one here uses Charrbucks beans for their espresso machine. But if you do and you love your espresso machine, STOP using their beans immediately! You will thank me later for this advice.
Yeah - I mentioned that early - its especially a problem with an automatic that grinds the beans - the oils just gum everything up and you really just get a shot of water in the end.

Its not just them, but they seem to be the worst.

Its not just them, but they seem to be the worst.
Yep they don't care about their coffee. I would still go there once in awhile for their nitro or holiday drinks (I like their chestnut praline latte) but regular coffee...no thank you🤢🤮

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter