• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jock Lindsey’s hangar bar

Antonio

Mouseketeer
How are the crowds here for like 5pm on a Friday? Looking to get a seating for 8 of us next week and curious if it’s even worth trying.

I don't think I've ever -not- seen Jock Lindsey's packed. Admittedly, we don't go here often so I could be wrong. IMO, 8 people is a larger group and that *might* present some difficulties with a Friday night visit to a walk up lounge. You can always try, you just may have to wait a bit.

I would suggest maybe looking into an ADR somewhere else for your group, since the walk up lounges/bars are usually packed on a Friday night. The later it gets, the more people squeeze into them. At least you would know you are guaranteed to get in with an ADR made far enough in advance.

A lot of the DS restaurants are on opentable. I’d get a reservation. Would your group break into 2 smaller groups?

Was there a couple Saturdays ago with party of 6. We had to wait about 5 minutes and got a table. But we were extremely lucky. Saw other large parties walking around for about 20 minutes and finally just gave up and left. So really it’s a crap shoot. I say give it a try but have a back up plan just incase. I do love that bar though :)

We were just there on a Sunday afternoon as a party of two, and it was packed. Any time we go at a time other than open, it’s crowded. A seat together for 8 on a Friday will be rough as it isn’t that large in the first place.

As you may have discovered, on opentable, you could get a ressie for 8 on Friday, august 18 at 5:15 or 5:30 at Splitsville, Jaleo, House of Blues, Maria &Enzo or Frontera Cocina. With a group looking for drinks I would do Splitsville or HoB myself as a backup, if your crew are walkers to get to west side. You could check Raglan Road Homecomin and Boathouse bars on the way. If 4 is possible, it would be less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter