• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Job Interviews are the Worst

Nakkira

DIS Veteran
I have a really important job interview this afternoon.
I am crazy nervous.

685.gif

I always say that job interviews are a legalized form of prostitution...
You put on you nicest clothes and try to self yourself.
Every word, every move you make has meaning and can be judged...

disney-flirt-body-language-ursula.gif

Worst part is I have to get through a whole stressful day at my current job and go straight there after. Here's hoping I don't spill anything or sweat to much (I have a spare outfit but it's not as nice)
5058800956b545591ef0be7489d8e874.jpg

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!

8IR.gif

Good luck!! I have a phone interview tomorrow at 11 and I'm so nervous, I could die! I don't know how I've ever gotten a job in my life! I suck at selling myself!

Good luck! I just went through an intense set of interviews with a company that I'm starting with in a few weeks. I'm sure you're nervous, but just remember that you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you!!

Good luck! I just went through an intense set of interviews with a company that I'm starting with in a few weeks. I'm sure you're nervous, but just remember that you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you!!

This is indeed true. I keep telling myself that no matter how much I want out of THIS job I want to pick the RIGHT one to move too.
However I think I am extra nervous because the benefits and pay potentially on offer here are a pretty big carrot (the benefits more than the pay, but still)

I just finished interviewing 4 people last week.

We kind of knew before we interviewed, based on their resume, who the front runners were. So if you made it this far, you must have something they are looking for. Pay attention the subjects they are trying to pull information from you on...if they ask about your Excel skills multiple times, don't act like you have no idea what a pivot table or v-lookup is! lol

Other than that, just be natural - skills are important, but they will also be looking to see if they think you will fit in with the culture of their company and whether they think you will click within the department. I always try to imagine having to train or have to sit next to the person I am interviewing, knowing that if we hire them, I will be doing both.

Good luck!

I just finished interviewing 4 people last week.

We kind of knew before we interviewed, based on their resume, who the front runners were. So if you made it this far, you must have something they are looking for. Pay attention the subjects they are trying to pull information from you on...if they ask about your Excel skills multiple times, don't act like you have no idea what a pivot table or v-lookup is! lol

Other than that, just be natural - skills are important, but they will also be looking to see if they think you will fit in with the culture of their company and whether they think you will click within the department. I always try to imagine having to train or have to sit next to the person I am interviewing, knowing that if we hire them, I will be doing both.

Good luck!

My Excel skills are one of the things I am most nervous about LOL
Thankfully, due to a class my boss just taught me I DO know the basics of Pivot Tables and V-Lookups! YAY!!!
Hmmmm.. maybe I should review my notes

My Excel skills are one of the things I am most nervous about LOL
Thankfully, due to a class my boss just taught me I DO know the basics of Pivot Tables and V-Lookups! YAY!!!
Hmmmm.. maybe I should review my notes

Haha, I'm sure you will be fine! :hug:

The lady I am thinking of should have KNOWN we would ask that question due to the nature of the position, and she was caught off guard. She actually said "I have no idea what you are talking about"

Kind of the wrong thing to say in an interview for a job that is known in the company to be analytical and report-heavy! (she was an internal candidate)

You've got this! Let us know how it goes!

Good luck! Remember, if they ask you, "Tell me about yourself." You should not respond with, "I'd rather not, I really want this job." hahahaha Just having some fun. Relax, you'll do fine.

This is indeed true. I keep telling myself that no matter how much I want out of THIS job I want to pick the RIGHT one to move too.
However I think I am extra nervous because the benefits and pay potentially on offer here are a pretty big carrot (the benefits more than the pay, but still)
Also, and I know it sounds cliche, but if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. We are where we are right now for a reason. It took me 3.5 years to finally land this particular job, so I know how hard it is. I really do hope that it is right for you and that you land it. Again, good luck!!!

Nakkira, how'd your second interview go? I have an in-person interview tomorrow at 2! Eeeeek!!

YOU WIN SOME YOU LOSE SOME.

To be honest even I could tell it wasn't a god match in the end.

I just hate my current job. A lot.
LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter