Jingle Bell Jingle BAM Show at DHS with Dessert Party Details POST 8

Still debating seeing this or fantasmic for a first time. Should we come to the park two evenings to catch these shows?

Still debating seeing this or fantasmic for a first time. Should we come to the park two evenings to catch these shows?

I would go with Fantasmic! if you have to choose.
If you have an extra night, this show is cute. But I definitely wouldn't give up F! or another of the nighttime shows for it

I just watched a full video of it. I know it's likely better in person, but wow that was unimpressive. I found the pacing slow and the story seemed to lack some cohesiveness. They would talk about Santa being missing and then throw in a random Christmas song with more random projections from movies. Very few fireworks, lots of times where it seemed like there weren't even very many projections happening. Kind of a cute show, but I don't know if I'll make a point of seeing it unless we're there already. I'm even more sad about missing SWaGS now. :sad2:

DITTO

We watched several different videos hoping it was a POV issue but we match many of your comments.

- Lasers were great when used. Loved the two tones.
- Finale was nice although it looked like mostly white fireworks, blah.
- The music, holiday festive upbeat at the end was great, wished it had been throughout.

- Content poor. At what point are they going to give up on these elves.
- SO many slow spots that were nothing but some video on the buildings.
- We didn't need some story, you are standing out there to be wowed and excited.
- Too few fireworks.
- WAY too few festive holiday songs.
- Great opportunity with Sandy Claws and they focused of Nightmare was on all the Halloween parts ???
- Santa arrives and he's a belly and arm ???
- Some projections were bright and vibrant and many looked like bad television.

We talked about all it would have been better with no attempt at a story and just assortment like MK projections ....... MUPPET CHRISTMAS, Belle's Christmas, Mickey Once Upon a Christmas, Santa Clause, Pooh has a couple ..... and honestly all I heard the whole show was FLIK talking!!!

Glad my initial reaction to plan trip down to see it ... had faded away until I saw video.

This is all very depressing --- the show looks to be really boring --- ( ok, maybe with a hint of cuteness, but for the price of the party, need more than cute)

As far as the desserts---- agree with the pp ( and thanks for the review !!) --- doesn't seem like a great variety for the kids, (especially my mint-disliking DD10)

And was REALLY hoping for Sandy Claws as the VIP guest ---- Santa Goofy too predictable-

Looks like I will be cancelling this one

This is all very depressing --- the show looks to be really boring --- ( ok, maybe with a hint of cuteness, but for the price of the party, need more than cute)

As far as the desserts---- agree with the pp ( and thanks for the review !!) --- doesn't seem like a great variety for the kids, (especially my mint-disliking DD10)

And was REALLY hoping for Sandy Claws as the VIP guest ---- Santa Goofy too predictable-

Looks like I will be cancelling this one

Especially in Studios, I would hope for a non-classic character. Sandy Claws would have been perfect!

We have reservations for the dessert party and only made them for the better viewing area. I definitely don't think we will get our $ worth because none in our party drink alcohol and the food just doesn't sound all that fantastic. So my question is, how much better is the preferred viewing area? Are there good/great views outside of the reserved viewing? And if so, how hard are they to get?

We have reservations for the dessert party and only made them for the better viewing area. I definitely don't think we will get our $ worth because none in our party drink alcohol and the food just doesn't sound all that fantastic. So my question is, how much better is the preferred viewing area? Are there good/great views outside of the reserved viewing? And if so, how hard are they to get?
I got the same view that the people on the dessert viewing area had , but had to wait 2 hours for it. That's the trade off

I have to choose btwn my fantasmic pkg at Hollywood & vine or this dessert party.

The dessert party is more expensive and has a lot less dessert options. We're going in late December so it costs $79 per adult and 2 of my adults are 11 and 15. The F! Package with Minnie's Xmas dinner is covered by the dining plan.

Thoughts? Which would you keep?

Here are the pics I took from the Santa Claus set up
15079017_10211296797441482_7237491983515263035_n.jpg

15027500_10211296797961495_7554558133898162538_n.jpg

15055771_10211296798401506_1502592500935298874_n.jpg

15073321_10211296798801516_672347382483908853_n.jpg

DITTO

We watched several different videos hoping it was a POV issue but we match many of your comments.

- Lasers were great when used. Loved the two tones.
- Finale was nice although it looked like mostly white fireworks, blah.
- The music, holiday festive upbeat at the end was great, wished it had been throughout.

- Content poor. At what point are they going to give up on these elves.
- SO many slow spots that were nothing but some video on the buildings.
- We didn't need some story, you are standing out there to be wowed and excited.
- Too few fireworks
- WAY too few festive holiday songs.
- Great opportunity with Sandy Claws and they focused of Nightmare was on all the Halloween parts ???
- Santa arrives and he's a belly and arm ???
- Some projections were bright and vibrant and many looked like bad television.

We talked about all it would have been better with no attempt at a story and just assortment like MK projections ....... MUPPET CHRISTMAS, Belle's Christmas, Mickey Once Upon a Christmas, Santa Clause, Pooh has a couple ..... and honestly all I heard the whole show was FLIK talking!!!

Glad my initial reaction to plan trip down to see it ... had faded away until I saw video.

To the bolded
-And then some people complained about the SWaGS and OUAT having no story
- I completely agree, they had a lot of side fireworks but not as many of the bigger ones behind Chinese Theater
-I think in the Prep and Landing short they don't show his face either, like Wilson from Home Improvement

I wouldn't knock this show out if you only saw it on video. The sound was better live and you can obviously see everything when you are there and not just what the camera is taping, like I said the side fireworks, also light effects on the sides and the snoap with the lasers give it a shimmering effect.
It is slow in parts and I wish that we didn't have the Nightmare segment in favor for more traditional Disney holiday scenes.

Here are the pics I took from the Santa Claus set up
15079017_10211296797441482_7237491983515263035_n.jpg

15027500_10211296797961495_7554558133898162538_n.jpg

15055771_10211296798401506_1502592500935298874_n.jpg

15073321_10211296798801516_672347382483908853_n.jpg

oh wow, I had been debating where to have my son meet santa, here or disney springs. This looks so beautiful. Do they do a pager system like at DS there? it says check in and returns. Also is the 70 the wait or the address?

oh wow, I had been debating where to have my son meet santa, here or disney springs. This looks so beautiful. Do they do a pager system like at DS there? it says check in and returns. Also is the 70 the wait or the address?
they give you a return time so you don't have to wait. 70 minutes was the wait time

Check in and return accdg to @yulilin3 :) she posted on our thread :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter