• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jiko - tell me your experiences!

DisneyMomx7

DIS Veteran
Of course our ADRs for our July trip were made months ago. Now DH tells me he thinks he would like to try Jiko! Before I email IPO and try to change our ADRs around can you guys give me your opinion of Jiko's.

We're not doing DDP this time (2 dds are now "Disney adults" and only order off the kids menu), just TIW so I'm not really worried about the price or ts credits. Just tell me what you had and whether you liked or disliked the restaurant in general.

Thanks so much! (husbands grrrrrrr.......)

We've been three times and will go again when we're there in August. The atmosphere is quite unique compared to the other signature restaurants. Each time we strive to order different items and we've loved everything. The short ribs are my favorite.

We went in February, I had the Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon-so good:cool1:. It was our Anniversary and the cast members made it very special.

I am a huge fan of Jiko! I love the atmosphere, service and food/wine. I usually will order a fish dish of some kind. I have had the filet with mac and cheese but found it to salty for my taste. The flatbreads are amazing, especially the olive and the BBQ chicken. For dessert, you cannot go wrong with their pistachio creme brulee or the lavender ice cream.

One of the best meal and service on our trip last Oct. trip. We were seated in the wine room and it was very romantic, cozy and quiet. Food had great flavor.

I loved Jiko. Great food, great service, great experience. Highly recommended!

My favorite items of the night - I have to pick 4!
The trio of breads and dips
the BBQ Chicken Flatbread
Ostrich Filet Appetizer
and Maize Pudding (the vegetarian entree).

The onyl area that I found a tad lacking was dessert. It was still very good, just not as WOW as the rest of the meal.

I try to go there every few months. I am slowly eating my way through the menu.

My biggest problem is the desserts; they have a wonderful Pistachio Creme Brulee with a chocolate base in the dish but they also have a dessert with a lot of blueberries in it.

If you are into wines they have the largest selection of African wines of any restaurant in the country. And if you are very much into wine, ask that Shelley be your server; she is also the Sommelier.

Jiko (no "s") is awesome. I have been there al least 10 times and always had a great experience. Food is delicious and the wine list is superb. Well worth a visit if you can get an ADR on somewhat short notice.

We loved Jiko, and we'd love to be able to do it again! The flatbreads were a great app! I had the oak-grilled filet (YUM) and DH had a fish something with 'vegetables of the moment'...just loved that phrase!

Great wine!

Loved it! :thumbsup2

Jiko is our absolute favorite restaurant in the entire world!! It's amazing!!

I was nervous about trying it because I've never had African cuisine, but I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful it is. On both of our visits, we had great service, but in particular, our last trip was amazing. We were seated in the wine room which is a bit smaller and more intimate (we were celebrating our anniversary) and we had 2 servers taking care of us!!

The food was pheomenal! We always get the Taste of Africa as an appetizer. Our favorite entree is their world famous Oak Grilled fillet with macaroni and cheese. They've changed the desserts since our last visit but I am excited to try their chocolate trio when we are there next week.

It's amazing and I highly recommend it to anyone! :)

It's SO worth booking a meal at Jiko. All of the food is excellent and so unique. The servers are also just wonderful and it's nice to stroll around the resort once you are done eating. Enjoy it! :)

Jiko is one of our favorites! We have eaten there on our last two trips, and both meals have been fantastic!

We've been three times and will go again when we're there in August. The atmosphere is quite unique compared to the other signature restaurants. Each time we strive to order different items and we've loved everything. The short ribs are my favorite.

I got the short ribs the last time I was there. Wonderful but HUGE. We had ordered apps and salads so when our server put the short rib in front of me I was shocked! The potatos that went with it were better than desert. I will get the short ribs again BUT maybe skip the app or salad to have a bit more room next time! Sorry to say we had no room for desert this time.

I think Jiko is the best restaurant in Disney and one of the best we have ever been to! Great atmosphere, great food and wine, and outstanding service. A tru signature experience.

We ate dinner at Jiko just last week. We were a party of 4 on the DxDDP, with one 4 yr old in our party.

I LOVED the atmosphere.... it was quite nice. Beautiful views of the little lagoon, from the windows, and not as "snooty" as I had imagine it would be, although it had a nicely upscale feel.

The food was very, VERY good. My sister enjoyed a MASSIVE bowl of mussels for her appetizer that were aMAzing, and my husband had the wonderful Filet with mac and cheese for his entree. Although I must admit that I don't even remember my entree at all.... however, my dessert was DELICIOUS (I had the pistachio creme brulee).

All in all, if was a very nice experience. We were, unfortunately, VERY underdressed for this location as we had just come straight from the theme parks in our shorts and various tourist garb (oops), but I was just thankful that my DD4 managed to behave VERY well throughout the duration of our (very lengthy) meal.... (Well.... except when she loudly announced that she had to "go poo, do they have a restroom nearby?"... Facepalm.......)(at least she attempted to not sound like a caveman!, and for that I am thoroughly satisfied! Lol!).

So, yes, I would recommend Jiko to a friend. But remember: dress appropriately, and educate your kid how to QUIETLY excuse herself to the restroom. Have fun!

i've only been to Jiko once, but i've always wanted to go back! it's one of disney's best, IMO.

it was just my mom and i. we decided to share an appetizer, salad, and entree so we could get a sample of the restaurant's offering without spending too much or over-ordering. we started with the olive flat bread-amazing! then, we had the cucumber, tomato, and red onion salad. i had heard a lot about this so i was very excited to finally try this legendary salad. it definitely lived up to its reputation! i would die to have it again! :worship: for our entree, we had the tanglewood chicken. also excellent! i want to go back sometime so my dad and brother can try it (unfortunately, it's not one of our ADRs for the summer...). you can't lose with Jiko! :thumbsup2

Had dinner at Jiko on Friday, still one of our favorites. The chef sent around samples of a new soup he was trying out, spicy cream of cauliflower, that was absolutely divine. We all loved our meals. I was happy to see the menu had been almost completely changed since we were there in September--if it were the same, I'd have had to order the same thing again (Swahili shrimp curry stew) and then I'd have felt guilty about not trying something new! I had the spice-crusted tuna over pearl couscous instead of their new seafood stew. DH had the maize cake last time and the halibut this time. My DBFF was with us this time and had the chicken. All divine.

The only thing that was less than spectacular was my koeksisters and coffee ice cream dessert--the ice cream was wonderful, but the koeksisters (donut holes) were merely good--fine, no complaints, but not as amazing as everything else. DH had the lemon-white chocolate mousse and it was also spectacular.

My DH and I had our anniversary dinner there last year when we stayed at AKL. After all the rave reviews that I have seen on the DIS I was so excited but ended up being very disappointed. My seared tuna had huge veins of sinew in it and my taste of africa appetizer wasn't anything outstanding. I don't remember what my DH had but he wasn't impressed either. We also went to Flying Fish that same trip and I was way more impressed with their food. However our best 2 TS meals so far have been at Narcosees. This year we will be trying Yachtsman Steakhouse for our anniversary dinner because we are staying at BCV but I'm worried that it also won't compare to Narcosees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter