Jiko, best thing on the menu?

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
Everything looks so good. We are booked for our first full day and so far I'm stuck between the curry and the fillet...
It's a shame I dont have room for both🤣

Thoughts and experiences?

I guess we're in the minority...

We enjoyed the wild boar but thought the Inguday Tibs in Brik were better. I still dream about them! LOL

The lamb and short rib were outstanding. I enjoyed the filet but those two options were definitely better.

Last time I was there, I had the short rib...and it was delicious!

49380371211_8a68125761_z.jpg

Neither. I ordered the Filet and my husband ordered the seafood curry, and both of us were VERY underwhelmed with the food (my filet was tough, very overcooked--med well ordered med rare--and gristly), and the seafood curry DH had basically tasted like someone took a can of coconut milk, stirred in some store-bought green curry paste, and plunked a bunch of overcooked seafood in it.

The bread service appetizer was delicious, so that gives me hope that they must have at least one good entrée, but it NOT either of those two things.

If you’re a meat eater, the wild boar app is to die for! For entrees, we’ve enjoyed the filet, the elk loin (off menu for now), the short rib, and the Moroccan lamb shank. Never had a bad meal here, and we go every trip.

Wild boar is my favorite app.

last 2 trips I had the elk. Crazy good! The filet is really good. Short ribs are great. Is duck still on there. That was awesome too.

In my option this is the best restaurant on property hands down.

I love the firecracker mint tea they give you. I always pick it up from Joffrey coffee when we are in Disney springs for home. I make my mojito’s with it now vs using a splash of club soda.

what else I really love about jiko is thier different fruit and vegetable use. Some really different things used when plating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter