JetBlue

I think the biggest gripe I have with JetBlue (and believe me, I do love them and fly once a month to Orlando with them) is that the gate agents are worthless. They do NOT give clear directions, or just ignore giving any helpful info, then they do NOT enforce rules, yet if some customers start to understandably get vocal, the agents get all militant. It's so frustrating and drama filled every time! :(

Last time we flew JetBlue active military and families were able to board with the pre-board groups. Is this still the case with the new procedures?

Yes they do still receive priority. I just don’t recall where in the new boarding it falls. Maybe after guests needing assistance but before guests with small children. I don’t remember.

I was planning on flying Jetblue because my understanding was that they didn't separate families. I'm confused now reading this...has this changed? I'm uncomfortable with the thought of my son boarding alone, so if this has changed, I want to know because I will consider buying from a different airline.

I boarded with my son but we had extra leg room. This summer I’ll be with my whole family and there is no way I’m separating from my kids. I can’t imagine them doing this with so many families traveling in the peak summer months.

Technically, their website states if you’re all on the same reservation then you all board with the first called group. This should be the party’s assigned group if it’s done correctly.

I’m hoping they work out all the kinks by August.

This new boarding procedure would not scare me away from flying JetBlue.

I'm uncomfortable with the thought of my son boarding alone, so if this has changed, I want to know because I will consider buying from a different airline.
You can always board **after** your group has been called. As others have said, people flying on the same itinerary **should*** have the same boarding group, but if for some reason you get different assignments, you can always just board with the later group.

I boarded with my son but we had extra leg room. This summer I’ll be with my whole family and there is no way I’m separating from my kids. I can’t imagine them doing this with so many families traveling in the peak summer months.

Technically, their website states if you’re all on the same reservation then you all board with the first called group. This should be the party’s assigned group if it’s done correctly.

I’m hoping they work out all the kinks by August.

This new boarding procedure would not scare me away from flying JetBlue.

You can always board **after** your group has been called. As others have said, people flying on the same itinerary **should*** have the same boarding group, but if for some reason you get different assignments, you can always just board with the later group.

Thanks for the reassurance. Sounds like we can choose to stay together even if they board us differently, and as long as we have assigned seats, getting on the late towards the end shouldn't matter. (If it came to that.)

I’ve been looking at rates for flights and JetBlue has a flight I may be interested in. You can choose your seats for no fee right? So the only advantage to boarding early is overhead bin space? We don’t usually have carryons (will have a couple personal sized things) so this boarding procedure shouldn’t matter to us, right?

I’ve been looking at rates for flights and JetBlue has a flight I may be interested in. You can choose your seats for no fee right? So the only advantage to boarding early is overhead bin space? We don’t usually have carryons (will have a couple personal sized things) so this boarding procedure shouldn’t matter to us, right?

No fee to choose your seat assignment, unless you choose an Even More Space seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter