• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JetBlue....Starting to tick me off. REVISED - I am no longer ticked!!!!! Yeah!!!!

The ironic thing to me is that you can voluntarily give up your seat and be given another flight PLUS a roundtrip voucher, but if they cancel you, you get nothing but a credit for the cancelled portion of your flight.

I totally agree! It's because when we give up voluntarily, it benefits them! I think service has gone downhill in general.

Frontier did this to me a few years back...our 6pm return flight switched to a 6am flight.

They didn't even send me an email saying my flight had been changed, if I wasn't the type to double and triple check everything before leaving I would have not known at all :headache:

Frontier did work with me and switched me to a United flight leaving at 5pm without charging me anything extra but the lack communication about changes really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Jet Blue changed my flight by about 1 1/2 hours, which was fine with me, but a 12 hour difference could really impact someone's schedule. We choose our flight times for a reason. I really hope they would allow you to change your flight with no charge if their changes no longer fit your needs.

We just got an email from Jet Blue for our upcoming trip in two weeks to DL and our flight is moved from 7am to 10am the same day. I am just hoping no more chances happen. Now our day will be even more shorter at DL since the park closes at 6pm that night.:sad2:

You might call and complain. Imagine if you were going to miss a cruise because of that?

DoI don't think customers deserve everything. I think they deserve what they pay for.

If anyone has heard we are paying the same as we were 20 years ago. Now most of what we pay for is fuel, not blankets and free lunch that we used to be paying for in our tickets.

DizMe, if that is what they promised for communication, they should have held that up, absolutely. That part is ridiculous. I was only commenting on the OP getting the updated itinerary. I suppose I am the odd man out thinking that is notification enough, because for me, it definitely would be.

I send at least 100 emails that are directly pertinent to the reciepient as part of my job daily. I can't tell you how frustrating it is when I've done my best and doubled or tripled your communications (email, secondary email, and then a phone call and voicemail, at their request!) to someone only to have it fail somewhere and have the person you tried to contact raging mad. You can only do so much sometimes.

Generally, I think on both ends, people really ought to tone it down. The person that told you it was your fault was wrong. Who knows what happened in their day prior to their interaction with you. Every customers concerns should at least be acknowledged, even if they cannot be solved for whatever reason. Not everyone is able to handle the pressures of a CS job, so perhaps JB needs to do some housekeeping. That's really too bad, they have a lot of other good things going for them.

DizMe, if that is what they promised for communication, they should have held that up, absolutely. That part is ridiculous. I was only commenting on the OP getting the updated itinerary. I suppose I am the odd man out thinking that is notification enough, because for me, it definitely would be.

I send at least 100 emails that are directly pertinent to the reciepient as part of my job daily. I can't tell you how frustrating it is when I've done my best and doubled or tripled your communications (email, secondary email, and then a phone call and voicemail, at their request!) to someone only to have it fail somewhere and have the person you tried to contact raging mad. You can only do so much sometimes.

Generally, I think on both ends, people really ought to tone it down. The person that told you it was your fault was wrong. Who knows what happened in their day prior to their interaction with you. Every customers concerns should at least be acknowledged, even if they cannot be solved for whatever reason. Not everyone is able to handle the pressures of a CS job, so perhaps JB needs to do some housekeeping. That's really too bad, they have a lot of other good things going for them.

I can sure understand how frustrating it must be to be the one who must communicate with customers, only to have them fail to uphold their end of the deal and pay attention!! And I agree with you that in general, people should tone things down. We're such a 'victimized' society anymore that we're very quick to be outraged when often the situation doesn't warrant it. I was very disappointed to go through the chain of command at JB and not find one person who didn't get immediately defensive when I talked to them. I am always courteous, I don't make demands, but I will speak up when I feel something needs to be said. I don't yell or make nasty remarks, so I don't understand why I as the customer can't be treated the same way in return.

Thank you for your insight as the CS rep.

I've had flight times changed on Alaska and United (maybe other airlines, don't remember). In those cases, I got email notice, and also was given the opportunity to rebook my flight (if the new time didn't work for me) without a rebooking fee.

Sorry to the OP for all their troubles with JB :hug:

I will probably be a little anxious waiting or my trip coming up next week, as I am flying JB for the first time next week. I will keep my eyes open and check my itinerary daily as a result of your experiences. I really hope that my trip goes off without a hitch!

I agree that JB shouldn't have treated you like it was your fault, and I think that they should have done more to "make it right". Even if they were "within their rights", so to speak, you would think that they wouldn't want to alienate their customers...

Anyway, just my 2 cents..

We are travelling from Australia to the USA, then flying LAX-JFK o/way, JFK to MCO o/way, MCO to LAS o/way and then LAS to LAX o/way, before boarding our return flight from LAX-BNE.

i am signed up for all alerts/status changes etc with each carrier and we have had 3 x flight changes -- one with our departure flight (an our earlier), one with our return flight (an our earlier) and one with our LAX to JFK leg (20 mins earlier).

we didn't receive notifications from either VAustralia or JetBlue about these changes, however as I am a little OCD about being prepared, I have been checking 2-3 times a week and caught the change myself. I then printed out my own copy of the itinerary & updated our info however none of this necessitated changes to our plans, as i had planned to be at the airport 3-4 hours early at all venues in any case...

maybe it's because i'm OCD and i don't like relying on someone else to give me info, or maybe it's because I also am in CS but it didn't bother me that i didn't receive notification from the various airlines...

All airlines do shady things like the OP mentioned. I have flown at least a hundred times on many airlines and *almost* always experience a time change, minor or major, and other issues. Plane malfunctions, weather etc. Flying is always a risk. Just because you pay for a ticket to ride their aircraft doesn't mean they aren't allowed to make changes as needed. I do agree that switching days and not notifying those of cancelled flights is unacceptable. However I'm pretty sure upon booking there is small print telling you that flight times are subject to change. Whether that is 10 minutes or ten hours...well that's their decision.

jetBlue has been one of the more consistent and great airlines we have flown and are our definite favorite. I am sorry they changed your times. This almost reminds me of the people who book a disney trip and then get mad when the park hours change. Sometimes things just dont work out as planned. And yes, I have been in your shoes with dramatic changes and flights that no longer exsist after booking my seat. Just gotta learn not to expect perfection...we are all human. Not meaning to cause trouble here, just get tired of so many complaining lately. I for one am always just thankful each time I fly for the ability to do so.

jetBlue has been one of the more consistent and great airlines we have flown and are our definite favorite. I am sorry they changed your times. This almost reminds me of the people who book a disney trip and then get mad when the park hours change. Sometimes things just dont work out as planned. And yes, I have been in your shoes with dramatic changes and flights that no longer exsist after booking my seat. Just gotta learn not to expect perfection...we are all human. Not meaning to cause trouble here, just get tired of so many complaining lately. I for one am always just thankful each time I fly for the ability to do so.

Again, I understand changes happen. My point really was, that it wasn't really clear that everything had changed. According to their website, if they cancel a flight, you should receive an e-mail and a phone call. I guess sending me an itinerary with no special header on it, is their e-mail. But if I didn't look at it carefully, I might have missed the changes. And I never got a call. And all it would take to make the e-mail more noticeable is just a new header. "Your revised JETBLUE itinerary". If they are going to make the change, I really don't think that is too much to ask.

Spacemouseneer

I do agree that switching days and not notifying those of cancelled flights is unacceptable. However I'm pretty sure upon booking there is small print telling you that flight times are subject to change. Whether that is 10 minutes or ten hours...well that's their decision.

Not meaning to cause trouble here, just get tired of so many complaining lately. I for one am always just thankful each time I fly for the ability to do so.

It isn't acceptable. I'm grateful that flying is an option, but I don't find it excuses the operators from good business conduct, perhaps because I'm older and remember when flying included good customer service. I fully appreciate that airlines have to make changes and that making flight changes and cancelling flights is something that can happen. I am prepared for that risk. However, I've flown hundreds of times myself and have never had an airline treat me the way JB did. Change my flight time? Fine, I will adjust. But cancel my flight, give me no reason for the cancellation, leave me stranded at an airport that has almost no services and not even guarantee I will get out the next day? Why should a person be grateful for that? In such situations in the past I've been given a hotel room, or a voucher for food, or a voucher for the airline, or a bus ride to another airport. Heck, I would have taken the $25 voucher they told me I'd get "if my flight cancellation qualified." Guess whose flight cancellation didn't qualify? No reason given for that, either.

The OP has an excellent point: all they needed to do was say "revised" on her itinerary. If a change is made that may impact a person's trip (needing to leave earlier for the airport, for instance, or catching a connecting flight), then I don't see why it's expecting too much for the airline to notify the customers, especially if they supposedly have a system set up to do so, which JB does.

The more we accept and condone such things, the more of such behavior we can expect in the future. Do people complain too much? Absolutely. But there are times when complaints are truly justified and ought to be made.

Yeah,
There are huge differences in business morals between changing a flight because of bad weather, changing a flight because there are not enough people and changing a flight you knew would never fly to entice more people to purchase. With all the penny pinching that airlines are attempting to do lately it is becoming more and more of the latter I'm afraid which is predatory business practices in my book.
Also a flight change is something to get much more upset over versus Disney changing their park hours. A flight change can leave you stranded for a day or two. I don't enjoy sleeping on the hard airport ground ever.
Everyone just needs to remember that if your flight changes while you're "enroute" for any reason other than "an act of god" the airline is legally responsible to compensate you. That includes room and board. If you get stranded and it is the airlines fault you demand a voucher for a close by hotel.
Even if the airline isn't at fault request compensation and they usually "put out" about 50% of the time. You may feel bad about this but keep in mind that airlines have cut the amount of flights, per capita for the same amount of people, and are over booking more than ever. This directly leads to why you may find yourself stranded. Also keep in mind that they will lie and try not to assume fault when they really are. That's when you really give it to them.

There's an advertisement on city buses here in Seattle, can't remember the airline, that says "Our in-flight service includes service"

I really enjoyed that.

in response to the OP, i just recieved the below email from jetblue relating to my flight... admittedly it appeared in my junk email, but this is what was sent :

Dear ALICIA

We want to inform you about a change to your scheduled flight; the following flight(s) have been changed.

November 08, 2011 #0676 JetBlue Airways Los Angeles 9:00PM New York 5:14AM

You are now confirmed on the following flight(s).

Your new flight itinerary
November 08, 2011 #0676 JetBlue Airways Los Angeles 8:50PM New York
5:04AM

--- maybe a further email was sent, but blocked by spam filters/service provider's spam filters etc...?

Hello all,

Well, I was very surprised to get a call from JetBlue this morning. I had written an e-mail to them, just explaining that I wish I had received a phone call or a more specific e-mail about the situation and the Customer Service rep told me that I was on a list to be called, but hadn't been yet.

Anyways, she gave me some options. She said they are going to add a later flight that day and I could book that or they would refund my return flight (I purchased a package) and I could book another flight home on another airline. Needless to say, I was very impressed.

So, JetBlue....my tick has been turned off.

Spacemouseneer

There's an advertisement on city buses here in Seattle, can't remember the airline, that says "Our in-flight service includes service"

I really enjoyed that.

I am in Seattle too....the Airline is Hawaiian. And they are AWESOME!

A very similar thing happened to me yesterday. I have tickets on Continental/United for a trip in January. I've been looking about once a week to check to see if there is a schedule change. Last night I looked and they had changed my 9am flight thru Houston to a 620am flight through Chicago. Then while I looking at the screen it changed again to an 8am flight through Washington DC. When I looked back at available flights, my original 9am flight through Houston was still available and had tickets for sale. Im not really sure why they changed me when my original flight is still there.
Very weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter