• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jetblue - should I cancel and rebook?

adamak

DIS Veteran
Booked couple months ago and travel next month. Now I can change without change or cancellation fees. Should I cancel and book new tix (save me $100 at least)? Website said cancellation will put the $ in a bank as credit. But I won't be flying Jetblue any time soon. Should I even bother? Can I use those credit for food on flights? Anyone has experience?

I just did this, because my flight in April changed by 12 minutes or so. This opens the window to changing the flight with no penalty, either getting a refund (maybe to Travel bank? not sure?) or all the points back. (I had used points). I went to look at alternate flight times, or maybe to come in a day earlier. Much to my surprise my flight down was now $49. (April 20). I cancelled the flight and got all my points back, and a credit for the fees in Travel Bank. I then immediately rebooked, same flight, same seats, and saved 8000 points (2 tickets).

In your case, if you can cancel with no penalty, it goes into Travel bank I guess. The one big plus with Travel bank, is you can use it to buy tickets for anyone, it is not limited just to you. So I would do it.

My point was that even if she did not use the Travel bank credits, she could use it for a friend of family members ticket.

Do you know if there is expiration for the bank credits?
1 year

And they cannot be used for anything other than the flights. I rebooked my flight and thought I'd use the extra in my travel bank to pay for nice seats towards the front, but I had to use my credit card to pay for the seat assignment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter