• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jetblue name change

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
Augh!!! I just booked my Jetblue flights like I always do and selected my niece from my family pool. I've never had an issue before, but now I booked and am forwarding her the itinerary and her middle name is missing! Now I have to sit on hold to see if there is anyway to fix this. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with her just turning 18. Maybe somehow her account changed. That's the only thing I can think of. Anyone else ever have this issue?

I actually put the wrong middle name on my ex-DIL’s Jet Blue ticket. Realized it the night before. A very quick phone call got it fixed. YMMV

What are you worried about? She doesn’t need her middle name on the ticket; this is a non issue.
THIS^^^.

My partner has flown on JetBlue without his middle name on the ticket and it was a non issue. If it is an international flight, then it could potentially be an issue, but not for domestic.

Generally once a ticket is issued, airlines won't change a name. It's a middle name, and as someone pointed out, unless it's international, I can't see this being a problem. I actually misspelled my own middle name and it wasn't an issue.

I used to issue tickets for a travel agency, so I know the panic that people feel when this happens.

Unless, she has TSA Pre Check, it should not matter. I always just used my middle initial until I got pre check and was told I need my middle name. I was flying with Delta soon after getting pre check, so I just called and said I needed to update my middle name due to pre check and they added that and my KTN right to my reservation and to my account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter