Jeopardy new host announced

So are you saying he shouldn't have been let go? Guy has a track record. And I think that if the track record hadn't come about to hurt him, his questionable ethics would have.

Yes, that is exactly what I think. I am so over the crap coming out from how many flipping years ago. Gimme a break. Those without sins, please step forward. Jeopardy is dead to me. I don't give a flip who hosts now.

Yes, that is exactly what I think. I am so over the crap coming out from how many flipping years ago. Gimme a break. Those without sins, please step forward. Jeopardy is dead to me. I don't give a flip who hosts now.
That is a load of crap!!! NO ONE has ever had an innocent past. Opinions and the tides change and people grow. So short-sided.

The podcasts were 7-8 years ago, when the man was 38-39. And they were produced a few years after the lawsuits were filed.

You say that people grow. But this shows that the man didn't change after a large life lesson (the lawsuit), nor did he learn. Short-sided (sic) indeed.

The podcasts were 7-8 years ago, when the man was 38-39. And they were produced a few years after the lawsuits were filed.

You say that people grow. But this shows that the man didn't change after a large life lesson (the lawsuit), nor did he learn. Short-sided (sic) indeed.

Settled then is never actually settled? Whatever. I'm done with Jeopardy. When will anyone learn that history cannot be reviewed under today's standards or eyes? The lawsuit actually lists the other guy much more prevalently, but no matter in today's unforgiving society.

I'm a woman by the way. Not at all crazy offended.

Settled then is never actually settled? Whatever. I'm done with Jeopardy. When will anyone learn that history cannot be reviewed under today's standards or eyes? The lawsuit actually lists the other guy much more prevalently, but no matter in today's unforgiving society.

Lots of opinions.

I took issue with him being the EP and managing the auditions. Meanwhile he auditioned himself, negotiated with himself and hired...guess who? 😂
It was ridiculous and he deserves to lose the EP job as well and soon.
Sorry. I'm not crying into my hanky for this guy.

Regardless of how one feels about the pod casts from years ago...the fact that he inserted himself into the guest host position after manipulating Ken Jennings is not right and the fact that he was actually involved with the show in a leadership position is truly a conflict of interest...I’m very glad he will not be hosting after all. There are quite a few other issues in addition to his pod casts that should have kept him from being selected.

Regardless of how one feels about the pod casts from years ago...the fact that he inserted himself into the guest host position after manipulating Ken Jennings is not right and the fact that he was actually involved with the show in a leadership position is truly a conflict of interest...I’m very glad he will not be hosting after all. There are quite a few other issues in addition to his pod casts that should have kept him from being selected.

That is not how I took it in the beginning. AT died suddenly and he stepped in. He did well and the audience response agreed with that. He was a good fit. I was unaware about all the past junk and frankly don't care. None of the other guest hosts got a reaction from me.

It's done now. I just won't be watching. I will be be surprised if it actually survives a year or two at this point.

And I'm Hong Kong-Canadian. We're getting to know something about each other.

As for looking at history through today's lens, I suggest looking up what is going on in Canada with regards to Residential Schools. You might feel differently after reading about that.

Regarding the lawsuit, it details a lot of what Richards did as well as Kathy Greco, who was a producer and may have been doing things at Richards' (her boss) behest.The lawsuit does not paint either person in a positive light.

It’s not cancel culture, it’s being held accountable and facing consequences for terrible conduct.
Isn't that what "Cancel Culture" is? Every time I hear that phrase it's applied to someone/thing that's being held accountable for something.

What I think is lost in cancel culture is "let the punishment fit the crime". People's entire careers are being destroyed because of mistakes that formerly would have had much shorter term consequences. (I'm speaking in general, not just to this specific story.)

I'm not saying things people did weren't wrong. But I agree that nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes. I feel like people used to be expected to learn from their mistakes and grow, whereas now we just write them off as hopeless cases.

If I was Jeopardy, and these go well...why bring on any more? She's already a main host...now she can just be the main host (and maybe they just don't plan as many "specials" til her schedule opens up more). Dragging this out will just court more controversy...
Her sitcom has first priority. Sort of like how Aaron Rodgers' fall/winter job has priority over anything else he does.

There's a world of difference from having to answer for what you did in the 80s as a teen versus things you said less than a decade ago when you knew better.

Isn't that part of the problem with cancelling? What is the standard? Is there a statute of limitations? Who makes the decision as to appropriate punishment? What acts or omissions are serious enough to be cancelled? What acts or omissions are eligible for forgiveness?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter